• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Personality types and tickling

I'm in between ENFP and INFP (have tested both ways) and am a switch... though I will add I'm into more playful and casual tickling rather than the torture aspect. For me it's important both halves of the equation are having fun.

Last edited:
Yay finally two other fellow extraverts! Was starting to feel lonely here :p

INFJ, switch

I would've guessed introvert = tendency to be lee and extrovert = tendency to be ler but I guess not. Will you post the final results of this study at some point soon? I'm curious even if it ends up proving nothing.

The Cheat Sheet has made an article about these personality tests:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...should-not-be-used-for-hiring.html/?a=viewall

Very good read. I like the Cheat Sheet; their writers always have some good advice on career development.

Certainly agree with the article that these tests, even the better designed ones, should not be used in a deterministic way to make binary decisions about a person's path (career or other choices). I see them as one of the possible tools to just begin to acquaint oneself with one's own or another person's makeup, by drawing a rough outline and getting a broad overview of the "territory". But as you start looking more and more deeply into a person you can never get to the end of charting that territory. It is open-ended, and individual.

INFJ, switch

I would've guessed introvert = tendency to be lee and extrovert = tendency to be ler but I guess not. Will you post the final results of this study at some point soon? I'm curious even if it ends up proving nothing.

It seems that there is another factor besides Introversion v. Extroversion which influences whether we are Ler or Lee.

I wondered if it might be more to do with the J v. P (Judging v. Perceiving) element, but the results so far don't clearly show that either. It seems to be something to do with wanting to be active rather than passive...or is it about being in control of things (which I associate with the Judging element). The original poster, Pragmatic, who is an Introvert and a Ler (like me), says he doesn't like being touched, but attributes it to his autistic spectrum score. I can relate to not wanting to be touched - although I am quite tactile it has to be on my terms. I don't think I am on the autistic spectrum. But wanting to be the one who does the touching, and the initiator or dominator or active partner in an interaction, seems to be independent of Introversion/Extroversion.

We are so complicated.

Certainly agree with the article that these tests, even the better designed ones, should not be used in a deterministic way to make binary decisions about a person's path (career or other choices). I see them as one of the possible tools to just begin to acquaint oneself with one's own or another person's makeup, by drawing a rough outline and getting a broad overview of the "territory". But as you start looking more and more deeply into a person you can never get to the end of charting that territory. It is open-ended, and individual.

I agree with every word you just wrote. These tests can be useful for getting to know oneself better, or could have some use for one's therapist. But they have no business in a job interview; could even have adverse effects, actually.

We actually had to take this test in high school (for some inexplicable reason). I got an ISTJ then and it's the same today.

I took it a few days ago. Has wound up right in the middle between ENFP and INFP. And I'm...say 80% ler and 20% lee.

I'm not sure that introvert-extrovert part can determine whether some person is more toward dominant or submissive role. If anything, I know more people who are considerably introvert type, yet they are likely to take initiative when one is needed/wanted unlike most extrovert people I know who are just loud, but less decisive. I'm also very strong introvert type, yet I prefer that things are done my way and have tendency to take charge if I see I can do something better than someone else. Yet, I'm a lee. In fact, I feel quite in charge as a lee since my reactions determine in what way will tickling go :p

Personality and behavior is not a math problem to be solved to have perfectly logical conclusion, though things are perfectly logical if you don't take those introvert-extrovert types literally. Every person has a bit of both and it depends on other factors AND current emotional state that will determine how person will act in some situation. Extroverts, by some expectations, should be more willing to be in charge than introverts, but that is not a rule of any kind.

Yes, I had to abide by a lot of things then that I was not happy with and still do. In regards to this article, it was like reading a description of myself, lol.

:) Yes, in some other quarters our type is referred to as "The Logistician."

I riffed on your use of the word inexplicable since according to a lot of the explanations of us, anything that can't be logically or scientifically accounted for is supposedly our kryptonite; cf. this from the original article I cited:

They are logical and methodical, and often enjoy tasks that require them to use step-by-step reasoning to solve a problem. They are meticulous in their attention to details, and examine things closely to be sure they are correct. With their straightforward logic and orientation to detail, ISTJs work systematically to bring order to their own small parts of the world . . . . They want to know and follow the rules of the game . . .​

So I figured that your not understanding why you had to do the Meyers-Briggs in school must have really bugged you (as it evidently still does ;) ). I can relate; I'm still second-guessing stuff my elementary school teachers did. :facepalm:

My result is always either INTJ or INFJ, and I'm a switch but mostly a lee. I'm a very strategic ler, though.

I'm a (male) lee with women.

I also can be a ler by proxy though, as I enjoy watching one woman tickle another and I think in those cases I identify with the female ler and not the lee.

So it's a bit complicated and I'm sure some psychologist would enjoy discussing the whole thing with me.

INTJ.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back