• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Phone Infected With Malware?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
This situation started last weekend, and was finally resolved today.

One night last weekend, my phone started doing excessive crazy constant popups.

When I took it to the cell phone store on Sunday, the guy I spoke to said he did not know what was causing the popups.

Then, the phone kept running hot, and getting excessively hotter, with a red temp reading.;

I kept trying to download phone cleaning apps, which said they were cleaning the phone, but were not resolving the problem.

I had to make a second visit to the cell phone store.

This time, the guy I spoke to said that the phone was running at a dangerously hot temp which could cause damage to, and crash the phone.

It turned out that when he examined the phone, he told me that the phone was infected with malware.

I've had malware cause problems on computers before, but never on a cell phone.

Luckily, this time the guy said he was able to clean out the problem that was causing the phone to have the malware, and to run hot.

The man said the problem is supposedly resolved , the malware is gone, and that the phone should/hopefully will not run hot anymore.

I certainly hope this is the case

He told me the phone was infected with malware.

Good to learn Mitchell. Usually phones or computers that are affected with malware happen when people take those silly Facebook quizzes like "What Kind Of Potato Are You?" Have you taken these quizzes before? It automatically downloads and sends your information to international entities that infect your phone or computer with malware, viruses, or ransomware, so make sure you never take any of these quizzes where you have to click on a button to "agree" to various terms or conditions.

I dont do anything but call or text on that phone.

Unless I got a junk or spam text that caused it.

Yup, that happens occasionally.

Remember that today's cell phones are just phones.

Their also miniature computers.

It can be a blessing AND a curse!

I dont do anything but call or text on that phone.

Unless I got a junk or spam text that caused it.

Hmm, well that's good. You don't ever let anybody else use your phone, do you? Maybe your father or your aunt or a friend? Glad it is working at least now.

No , no one ever uses my phone but me.

Unfortunately, it turns out that something is wrong with it.

After seemingly being okay for a couple of days, I'm again getting the constant pop up messages, and clean your phone instructions.

I will have to go back to the phone store.

Hope I can resolve this somehow

Did you do the "restore to factory settings" I showed you?

Have not been back to this thread in a few days.

No I have not Jeff.

I will try that.

Thanks.

BE CAREFUL doing that Mitch. Remember all your passwords for your phone.

I'd definately take it to a phone repair place if that doesn't work.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back