• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Police shoots 22 yo in the back while he was laying face down on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.....let's see:

You brought up race.....you're pic has been on here and you look like a white man to me. Nice tan, but nontheless.....

badreligion brought it up along with his swipes on Jesse Jackson and Al Shapton (the so-called mouthpieces of the black race), and I'm betting my next paycheck that he's white too. So far, point one proven.

And yes, google is quite a reliable source of information-really you should try it sometime.

Regardless, this cop shouldn't get away with killing someone because he didn't follow basic training and procedure and shoot a man in the back. Accident, intentional (which I wouldn't accuse the man of), or whatever the man is still dead and the cop shouldn't get away with it!
Thank you, I try to get my vitamin E from the sun.

I did not bring up race initially, I was just reiterating what a few other had said. I agree that race has absolutely nothing to do with this. I am not sure if badreligion is white or black, I can not assume even if I saw a picture of him; I certainly would not bet my paycheck based purely on the fact that he listens to heavy metal and is tagged after a punk band. My absolute BEST friend Pete hates Al Sharpton, listens to metal, hates R&B music, and eats mayonaise; he is 100% African-American. Do not believe the hype.

Google is only a good source of information if you utilize it properly. Try to get your information from urls that are .edu or .gov, compare that information to traditional research, ie reference books, microfilm, fact sheets then make your determination. If I relied solely on a search engine like google for all of my information, I would have failed out of college years ago prohibiting me from receiving my PhD.

:)

Thank you, I try to get my vitamin E from the sun.

I did not bring up race initially, I was just reiterating what a few other had said. I agree that race has absolutely nothing to do with this. I am not sure if badreligion is white or black, I can not assume even if I saw a picture of him; I certainly would not bet my paycheck based purely on the fact that he listens to heavy metal and is tagged after a punk band. My absolute BEST friend Pete hates Al Sharpton, listens to metal, hates R&B music, and eats mayonaise; he is 100% African-American. Do not believe the hype.

Google is only a good source of information if you utilize it properly. Try to get your information from urls that are .edu or .gov, compare that information to traditional research, ie reference books, microfilm, fact sheets then make your determination. If I relied solely on a search engine like google for all of my information, I would have failed out of college years ago prohibiting me from receiving my PhD.

:)

Don't believe the hype? Are you serious?? Please don't patronize me; it just wastes both our time.

With advanced degrees of my own, I'm well aware that google is a BASIC search engine and certainly not the only one on the internet! I've been utilizing library resources for about......hmmm.....forty years or so (long before the internet became publicly accessible) but thanks for the lesson-I'm sure someone else will benefit from your Ph.D and expertise.

And I'm glad you have some black friends too, but what does that have to do with anything on this thread? I'm amazed that nothing's really changed; the same old arguments and the same old so-called counterpoints that were used decades ago are still around. I don't have to go around proving that I have white friends to relate to so you really don't have to defend your stance by saying that you have black friends that like metal (which I do also) and eat mayonaise (which I actually hate the stuff).

BTW, badreligion's pic is in the members section.....you can look it up so my paycheck is very safe thank you.

Myself and wiz are both black and older; we've seen a lot that you haven't and probably won't. However, neither of us brought up race in this thread and Jackson and Sharpton don't speak for me (and assume not wiz either). We can think for ourselves, assess a situation for ourselves, and don't need a mouthpiece to do it for us.

It would be sweet if we could get back to the OP and stop beating this "race" horse to death! The bottom line is that a man is dead and he didn't have to be at the hands of a trained police professional who had better options than the one he chose.

ive said enough my opinion is much more relevant to this topic than someone who doesnt know the first thing about law enforcement... or even graduated highschool.. so i take your opinion with a grain of salt

Whoa. I think you need to take two steps back. I wasn't going to comment, I had nothing to say on this matter. I think the answer is an obvious one: it's an understatement to say that this was excessive force. Then I read this bullshit. For someone who supposedly thinks before she speaks (kudos of FoS), you really need to watch your mouth. Since when does graduating high school have anything to do with common sense? Let me break this down for you into dialect our brilliant college graduate can understand:

u dont shoot teh perp jus cuz he struggles. k?

Personally, I place higher value on the opinion of someone who has looked at the case from all sides (CrystalLight, Artoo) than someone who places their faith blindly into one person based on their career and because of a personal experience. Seems awfully biased to me. And forgive me, but I've been taking EVERYTHING you've said "with a grain of salt" since you first arrived here. We've endured your silly opinions for a while now: "religious people piss me off", "oh wait theres really no reason NOT to believe in God. you should do it just in CASE", "cops RULE, perps DROOL, always, no exception". Thank you, college graduate, for blessing us with your mindblowing opinions. Gee, what would we do without your degree?

Whoa. I think you need to take two steps back. I wasn't going to comment, I had nothing to say on this matter. I think the answer is an obvious one: it's an understatement to say that this was excessive force. Then I read this bullshit. For someone who supposedly thinks before she speaks (kudos of FoS), you really need to watch your mouth. Since when does graduating high school have anything to do with common sense? Let me break this down for you into dialect our brilliant college graduate can understand:

Personally, I place higher value on the opinion of someone who has looked at the case from all sides (CrystalLight, Artoo) than someone who places their faith blindly into one person based on their career and because of a personal experience. Seems awfully biased to me.

That's because it is!

I know very smart high school grads (I raised two of them) and I know some dumb Ph.D.s (two of them ran my alma-mater and almost ran it into the ground). Education is a great thing to have, but it alone won't get you through life!

Oh, and the rest of your post is correct too-definitely unbiased at the least.

That's because it is!

I know very smart high school grads (I raised two of them) and I know some dumb Ph.D.s (two of them ran my alma-mater and almost ran it into the ground). Education is a great thing to have, but it alone won't get you through life!

Oh, and the rest of your post is correct too-definitely unbiased at the least.

Ahh, but our miss PUNKRAWK doesn't seem to get that. She takes what we have to say with a grain of salt, unless we work for the men in blue. Because, clearly, that's the end all be all of teh smartz.

Ahh, but our miss PUNKRAWK doesn't seem to get that. She takes what we have to say with a grain of salt, unless we work for the men in blue. Because, clearly, that's the end all be all of teh smartz.

Well, I don't want to talk about her like she isn't in the room-that would be disrespectful. And I certainly wouldn't want FOS to accuse me of trying to be a "headshrink" (even though what I said was 100% right). However, eventually cooler heads will prevail and the truth will have to be accepted at some point.

Hopefully this will be resolved before the city burns down.......again.

Well, I don't want to talk about her like she isn't in the room-that would be disrespectful. And I certainly wouldn't want FOS to accuse me of trying to be a "headshrink" (even though what I said was 100% right). However, eventually cooler heads will prevail and the truth will have to be accepted at some point.

Hopefully this will be resolved before the city burns down.......again.

Lol. Cooler heads doesn't really apply to me, I suppose. >.>

BUT I STILL PREACH DA TRUTH!!!

And so do you, my luv.

Do you know that the man was unnecessarily shot?

It's, erm... it's fairly self-evident from watching all the available videos. The policeman wasn't in anything like a proper pistol-shooting pose (shoulders square, weird grip on the weapon, etc etc), plus the way he reacts when the thing goes off, it all suggests he wasn't actually out to shoot the suspect...

Where is your supporting argument?

... corroborated by the self-defence instructor bloke and former BART policeman who said it "was not a deadly force situation" and speculated that the officer thought he had his Taser in his hand when he fired.

What would you have done if you were the other cop?

Which other cop? :-o

My point is that no one knows the circumstances and how they would react in this situation which required a reaction of immediate resolution on impulse.

I'd maybe either sort out my personal admin so's my Taser and the firearm which, apparently, is the same weight and shape weren't next to each other, and/ or check what weapon I was holding before discharging it. Or if it was just after midnight on New Year's Eve I might forget to do either and shoot someone dead by mistake.

Don't believe the hype? Are you serious?? Please don't patronize me; it just wastes both our time.

With advanced degrees of my own, I'm well aware that google is a BASIC search engine and certainly not the only one on the internet! I've been utilizing library resources for about......hmmm.....forty years or so (long before the internet became publicly accessible) but thanks for the lesson-I'm sure someone else will benefit from your Ph.D and expertise.

And I'm glad you have some black friends too, but what does that have to do with anything on this thread? I'm amazed that nothing's really changed; the same old arguments and the same old so-called counterpoints that were used decades ago are still around. I don't have to go around proving that I have white friends to relate to so you really don't have to defend your stance by saying that you have black friends that like metal (which I do also) and eat mayonaise (which I actually hate the stuff).

BTW, badreligion's pic is in the members section.....you can look it up so my paycheck is very safe thank you.

Myself and wiz are both black and older; we've seen a lot that you haven't and probably won't. However, neither of us brought up race in this thread and Jackson and Sharpton don't speak for me (and assume not wiz either). We can think for ourselves, assess a situation for ourselves, and don't need a mouthpiece to do it for us.

It would be sweet if we could get back to the OP and stop beating this "race" horse to death! The bottom line is that a man is dead and he didn't have to be at the hands of a trained police professional who had better options than the one he chose.

Every single one of my replies were riddled with sarcasm. I personally had no idea that you were black until you said so and could care otherwise. I was not bringing race into the issue, merely mocking others who had. I have seen a lot as well, more or less than you I can not say and vice versa. I can't judge race by a photo 100% of the time, so you have a talent. I wasn't suggesting that my black friend proved anything, but just to support my argument that badreligion did not necessarily have to be white; I do not need to counter-point anything. I never declared that Jackson or Shaprton was your mouthpiece. A man is dead, why? We do not know...bottom line.
I apologize if it seemed as if I were patronizing you. That is the problem with online coresspondence; it is hard to judge one's tone.

It's, erm... it's fairly self-evident from watching all the available videos. The policeman wasn't in anything like a proper pistol-shooting pose (shoulders square, weird grip on the weapon, etc etc), plus the way he reacts when the thing goes off, it all suggests he wasn't actually out to shoot the suspect...

... corroborated by the self-defence instructor bloke and former BART policeman who said it "was not a deadly force situation" and speculated that the officer thought he had his Taser in his hand when he fired.

Which other cop? :-o

I'd maybe either sort out my personal admin so's my Taser and the firearm which, apparently, is the same weight and shape weren't next to each other, and/ or check what weapon I was holding before discharging it. Or if it was just after midnight on New Year's Eve I might forget to do either and shoot someone dead by mistake.

I did not watch any of the videos. I just gathered information from the ranting of this thread.

and if he wasnt fighting the cops wouldnt have been there and he wouldnt have been on the ground and he wouldnt have gotten shot.. ive said enough my opinion is much more relevant to this topic than someone who doesnt know the first thing about law enforcement... or even graduated highschool.. so i take your opinion with a grain of salt
Well said. :woman:

My brother is a cop. They have it way tougher than is generally known. Movies and TV not to mention thug culture have conditioned our society to reject authority figures, particularly the police. Any time a policeman or policewoman shoots a perp in the line of duty there's a lot of public outcry demanding suspension, IA investigations, etc. The bottom line is that unless we're in that situation, none of us can say with any legitimacy that it was right or wrong. That's for the local authorities to decide.

Well said. :woman:

My brother is a cop. They have it way tougher than is generally known. Movies and TV not to mention thug culture have conditioned our society to reject authority figures, particularly the police. Any time a policeman or policewoman shoots a perp in the line of duty there's a lot of public outcry demanding suspension, IA investigations, etc. The bottom line is that unless we're in that situation, none of us can say with any legitimacy that it was right or wrong. That's for the local authorities to decide.

:man: xactly

Personally, I place higher value on the opinion of someone who has looked at the case from all sides (CrystalLight, Artoo) than someone who places their faith blindly into one person based on their career and because of a personal experience. Seems awfully biased to me. And forgive me, but I've been taking EVERYTHING you've said "with a grain of salt" since you first arrived here. We've endured your silly opinions for a while now: "religious people piss me off", "oh wait theres really no reason NOT to believe in God. you should do it just in CASE", "cops RULE, perps DROOL, always, no exception". Thank you, college graduate, for blessing us with your mindblowing opinions. Gee, what would we do without your degree?

no problem anytime

Girl fight! :woot: I'll get the custard.

No srsly, it's the only civilised way to resolve this. Just be careful with the eye-lasers.

Also it was still an accident.

:shock:

Does this thread even serve a point anymore?

I still think something is fishy here. It may have been an accident. It may have been panic. It may have been totally justified. From the one video I've seen I can't really tell.

But I do know, as a member of society, I've been trained and taught when the police are handling something, don't get all up into it! Apparently the guy who got shot didn't get the teachings, or ignored them.

It's not a matter of letting the police do anything and looking away, don't do anything, don't question authority. You can witness, even record anything that the police do in public. And if they prevent you, they are infringing on YOUR right. Look at this scene - there was at least one camera there (Maybe more? I've only seen one video). There were several witnesses including the people involved. So if anything was to go wrong there was plenty of 'coverage' by civilian eyes and recording devices. The police weren't going to get away with anything.

Was that enough? Oh no, young Grasshopper. The people allegedly involved already with the violence in public had to keep buzzing by the cops like a swarm of yellowjackets, turning a somewhat controlled situation into "Jerry Springer: Live". They were all toughies until someone got shot, then they all turned punks, running onto the nearest train. It's like they were waiting to sacrifice one of their own for a chance to be in the news & get "cred".

I think the cop did wrong - maybe. Can't really be sure. But while I'm pretty dang stupid I know enough not to go around petting rabid dogs, whether they are chained up or not. The situation was what it was. They guy who got shot (and all his buddies) couldn't let it be what it was. They could have been witnesses; now they are flashpoints. But it comes down to the fact that he, and they, changed the situation that was already at hand.

You don't do that. It's stupid. It's pointless. It's risky. The Black Panthers had the wisdom not to "buzz" the cops, just watch 'em close. These weren't marchers at the Washington DC Mall. The cops didn’t fire randomly into a crowd of protesting Romanians. These were semi-violent fools who just wouldn‘t stop and a cop - possibly- who made the wrong decision. Go burn their cars and smash their windows.

If the catfight's not going to happen then I'd have to say no. No point at all. Aside from precipitating the aforementioned pig head apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/29/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip fetish store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back