• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Probability of someone nearby having an interest in tickling?

Midna

TMF Novice
Has anyone wondered about the probability and statistics of meeting someone else in real life (without pre-arranging via the internet) who has an interest in tickling? We can say so many percent of the population are left handed, so many percent are of a specific religious or ethnic background, so surely we can put a number to the amount of people interested in tickling? Obiviously that is not a general question presented on the national cenceious form.

According to Wiki, in mid 2010 the population of the UK was 62 million. How many people on this forum are from the UK? Please don't spam this msg saying you are from the UK, was just asking generally. Some admin user could possibly run a query to count all members registered as living in the UK, but that would only give an extreme rough number. Even compensating for inaccurracies/multiple registered accounts, there is no rule saying every person interested in tickling has to register on the TMF.

The thing I am interested in is if it was possible to get a ratio number of people living in the UK who are into tickling. Would it be a really low number, or could it be expressed as per 100 people? What is the chance of someone you work with or a friend, secretly being into tickling?

Any thoughts?

My thought is that you are much better off attending a gathering where everybody is interested i tickling (and hope to find somebody that you like and likes you).

PS: In the U.S., the ratio of TMF members to people is about 1:3,000. So if you randomly meet 10,000 new people the expected value of the number of them who are interested in tickling is about 3 of them.

Its not something i can say i have ever thought about, however it is a very good point, i would be interested to know how many people in the uk, and my area are interested in tickling.

I think there would be varying degrees of interest for you to consider though i think,

Very Interested - Actively take part in tickling on a regular basis
Interested - Fantersise and take part when they can
Slightly Interested - Take part once or twice, use forum now and again, watch the occasional video
Curious - Never done it just talked about it.

Maybe you should do a poll on here and ask all people from UK to do it, or maybe visit tickle brits

I believe you may confidently expect the percentage of male foot fetishists in the population to reflect more reassuring odds,.... I've seen it placed as high as 10%, with the associated emphasis on tickling up for grabs. You may be surprised.

Actually, at the splash page (http://www.ticklingforum.com) there is a little icon in the bottom right corner that looks like a planet with a swirly "M" circling it that provided tracking stats related to visitors from around the world. However, if you click on it now, it says something about it being out of date. I'm not sure how accurate it is, or if it works, anymore. I think it's worth a look, though. :shrug:

If I had to wager a guess, just an 'interest', about 1:113. A kink/fetish for it? 1:2051. Chances of you meeting one on the street, unlikely. Chances of meeting some one you work with being into it, you might be surprised. These are just guesses.

I'd be pretty interested to find out more on this subject too :)

There's a significant chunk of the population who like to tickle. A considerably smaller chunk likes to be tickled.

I imagine it is much higher than you might think.

I live in a town of 10,000ish people (college town. Drops to about 2k during the summer lol). A year or two after joining, I noticed a name on the forum that sounded familiar. A little google digging later and I realized that not only was this person from my town, but he lived less than 3 blocks from me and we were acquaintences.

I never said a word to him and never will.

That shocks me deeply. I figured the odds of something like that were functionally zero. We're such a small fetish, in the grand scheme of things.

That shocks me deeply. I figured the odds of something like that were functionally zero. We're such a small fetish, in the grand scheme of things.

Considering the thousands of semi-regular posters that come around here, i suppose it's not too crazy to think it would happen. Kinda funny though :)

As for the whole statistics thing, you know who would really be able to figure something related to this? Okcupid.com. I'm sure a lot of you know this, but it's a dating site. Someone showed me this section of their website. Apparently, what they do is since the site's main thing is for members to be able to answer questions to find someones "match", they have a tremendous amount of data from people on the site. They do a ton of statistical comparisons and the like to find some really interesting (and disappointing) thing. They DO have a question that asks something like "foot-fetish friendly?" so they definitely would have a statistically significant amount of data available for such a thing. Unfortunately, there is no "tickle-fetish friendly" :p. I wonder if someone could ask for the data on that.

I read their blogs and some of their findings are hilarious. For example, people on their site (US data only) are statistically 2" taller than the average US person (and since their data set is huge, the only conclusion is people lie about their height). Another was that people lie about their income by around 20% (actually as you get older, the % increases). Great stuff.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back