• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Proposal-3 strikes, and you're banned, permanently

Babyshambles said:
:yawnface:

weren't born yesterday???

mores the pity. we could have started your personality off from scratch. but i jest!

my personality can use all the help available and if that requires my rebirth go for it lolol

isabeau :Kiss2:

isabeau said:
hmm now even i know that didnt happen ya nut... regardless of popular belief i was not born yesterday lol

isabeau
No--but probably in this early hours of this morning! lol
(sorry, melanie--couldn't resist---forgive me!--please)

Is there still some question to this matter????

People keep posting to this thread, and I keep getting notifications that a new issue in suggestions need my attention.

The things I posted in this thread seem to cover the matter pretty well in my opinion. But lets go one more time: A three strike rule would be too inflexable for a place like the forum. For example, the last several posts in this very thread are off topic. So that would be strike one on all those posters. I'm sure I could find other cases of such off topic posting and three strike all of them pretty fast and then ban them. This is not the sort of rules I want to operate under, or I think our members want to have applied to them. So we will continue to use personal judgement on infractions.

Also: This sub-forum is not the place for post count fluffing chat. we have a few sub-forums dedicated to that.

Myriads

Ok Im coming in a little late on this but here's my thoughts.

First I totally agree with what Jeff said it is the best approach every case is different and needs handling as such.

But secondly why has not one said banning a user would be a total waste of time. Think about it. If you ban someone they just re-register using a different email address and different personal details. Hell if you really wanted to flame bad, you would open an account a week so that when one account started to get banned the other 'users' which would also be you the 'flamer' could also see your point of view or at least take over where the banned account leaves.

No the personal approach of dealing with each case as it arises actually works better because there is no point in opening multiple accounts because if you do somthing obscene its delt with straight away.

I do think this is the BEST RUN Forum on the web, Im all for making things better but currently I am unaware of a flaming problem here.

Edited--- Golden rule violation

eeyore46eo.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchell said:
Myriads, I certainly dont want to add any more "fire" to this topic, so to speak, but, since I was unjustifiably called a "facist" by this guy, along with his comment about you, also unjustified I might add, I did want to chime in here, especially since I was the one who started this thread in the first place.
First, I will say that I was very surprised that this thread was reopened, almost six months after Jeff and you clearly stated your points of view about my suggestion of 3 strikes and out. I accepted your decisions, as you and Jeff are the heads of the forum, and to me, this thread was dropped. The fact that is was re opened six months later, and has had three mods post in it in a couple of days time, is to me, troubling. This is how I see things.
Not to parrot or paraphase what Mimi said, but, basically, she is 100% right. This is Jeff's forum. He runs it, along with you, Mimi and the other mods. The mods and admins have the right to make any rules they want, as this site is private. Whoever doesnt like it, doesnt have to be here.
Personally, I like the Golden Rules, and my original point about 3 strikes, was to attempt to tone down, some of the increasing attacks I saw at the point I posted this thread. Jeff made his case clear. I acknowledged it, validated his point, and dropped it.
Basically, without the Golden Rules, this forum would simply turn into a place where everyone who had a bad day could come to, and let out their frustrations on their fellow chatters, for no reason. I see that the rules protect both the chatters and the mods. Without them, we might well have a board or forum filled with all kinds of attacks, just because everyone who had a bad day, decided to come here, and let out their aggressions, which we all have at some point, due to the complexities of life, at our fellow forum members.
One final point: You had mentioned a while back that if people wish to have forums to "bang" on or attack each other, that there are other ones out there, and that as this forum, the TMF, is the mods and users internet home, and private, such will not be tolerated here. The TMF to me is like a private club, the owners and managers, make the rules, and the members can leave or be forced to, if they dont like such. We all read the rules when we first came here, so for anyone who chooses to stay here, the guidelines are clear.
Okay, I am done. As I said, my point here is not to add any more fuel to the fire. I merely wanted to point out my view about the forum and rules here. I will again say that I was surprised, and a bit disturbed, that everyone's time had to be taken up with a thread that is six months old, and which has already been clarfied by Jeff and yourself. I personally would not like a forum such as the one that Way2fun suggested. This one is just fine. Even if we dont agree with all the rules, we need to follow them, to stay here, and to me, the rules here are a heck of a lot better then having a free for all where everyone is attacking each other all day long. End Of Post.

Mitch
boo hooo hoooo
freedom rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no one censors my speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am proud of mty freedoms, damn u must be a boring person to be with with all your rules.

venray said:
Didnt know you were such a fan Doc!.... :)

Oh, definately, Venray! Happy belated B'day, BTW!
Eeyore is my favorite Pooh-character!

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back