• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question about NEST

Thanks for the responses all. Definitely informative and some sage advice as well. Personally I reserve my extremely rare shitfaced moments for old school friends. :p
Just thought a coupla brews might calm the nerves and loosen the tongue so to speak. Not necessary but it helps.

Not only do we want to make sure that you're not an axe

murderer,
but also that you're mentally stable, get along well with most people,
and are looking only to meet up with friends, make new ones, and
have a good time with as little drama and stress as possible. ...

Well, I'm not an axe murderer, and I do get along reasonably well with people. As for mentally-stable, well, I may have to plead the fifth on that one! :)

Thus far, the only kind of gathering I've ever been to is a munch, about a year and change ago (and it was definitely a positive experience!). I've never been to a gathering like NEST before, and I am curious about it. While I've definitely met some great people on online tickling forums (and at the munch), I don't yet know many fellow ticklephiles that well. Would it be worth my while to check out NEST '09, or would I be better off hanging out on the boards getting to know more people better before I consider attending a NEST?

Last edited:
Well, I'm not an axe murderer, and I do get along reasonably well with people. As for mentally-stable, well, I may have to plead the fifth on that one! :)

Thus far, the only kind of gathering I've ever been to is a munch, about a year and change ago (and it was definitely a positive experience!). I've never been to a gathering like NEST before, and I am curious about it. While I've definitely met some great people on online tickling forums (and at the munch), I don't yet know many fellow ticklephiles that well. Would it be worth my while to check out NEST '09, or would I be better off hanging out on the boards getting to know more people better before I consider attending a NEST?

Just go to NEST '09.

I knew almost nobody going into NEST '08 and immediately felt very welcome and made many great friends that weekend even though I did not know almost anybody going into the event. While it is preferable to get to know some of the people attending in advance, it is by no means absolutely necessary.

That being said, there are 6 MONTHS till the next NEST. If you want to start getting to know more people before NEST, you still have an obscene amount of time. The first thing I would do is start coming to some TMF Radio shows, which are all hosted by people that have either been or will be going to NEST and the chatroom is also filled with a lot of veterans of NEST as well. Its a great place to meet a lot of friendly gathering veterans. In addition, just make your voice heard. Post in the discussion forums with regularity and people will get to know you.

Last edited:

This is a very good question. I suggest that you find an hour and listen to Venray and Tracy's Making Friends #4 in the Radio forums section on the home page. Just find the thread (probably on the third or fourth page by now) and click on the link in the first post. That should start the program automatically. The theme of the show is about going to your first NEST. Several people from here were interviewed and gave their thoughts on your question about just going or or interacting on the boards before you go. You might get some insight as to what you want to do.

Thank you, Kered, Baldadonis. (When you say come to TMF radio programs, do you mean come in in person or call in, or either?)

I take it the exact details about when and where NEST '09 will be taking place will be posted a bit closer to its actual date?

I take it the exact details about when and where NEST '09 will be taking place will be posted a bit closer to its actual date?

The location is always in Philadelphia.

The date for 2009 has already been announced by Lee Allure. It is the first weekend in May. So the main event will be Sunday, May 3, 2009.

The hotel information and exact location of the premises where the main event will take place will not be posted here. They will be revealed only to those who register to attend NEST.

Thank you, Kered, Baldadonis. (When you say come to TMF radio programs, do you mean come in in person or call in, or either?)
No, but you can do either if you want. Almost every blogtalk radio show has been preseved for anyone to listen to later. Just click on to the TMF Radio Discussion Forum on the Home page and you will see 5 or 6 pages with threads about each different show. The show I'm talking about is on page three at the moment and is titled TMF Radio Ray and Tracy #4. Click on that then click on the program link in the first post. That should start the talk show automatically and should also work for any other thread that looks interesting to you.

New Ticklee and NEST

My sweetie and I have attended one NEST, and I'm looking forward to going again. We met some great people, and I wish I had had the confidence then to chat with more people. On the way home, he said, "I would have liked to..." I won't do that again! I want to plan better this time!

So... how exactly does one go about finding people to tickle ahead of time when you don't know anyone yet?

A conundrum....

Dixiee

I'm am kinda in the reverse situation. My fiancee is into tickling where I wasn't into it that much, but was open minded about it. Now I am on here and I learned more about tickling (from her and the forums) and I enjoy it. (I think now I went from vanilla to chocolate twist).
We are going to a gathering in Nov. (wow, its closing in fast) and I think it will be fun for BOTH of us. I am interested in tickling others (as I have never done so) but more then that is just meeting people and having fun. People on here are very social and nice and I can't wait to meet some of them. Perhaps your wife may want to come on here and poke around?

If there is anything I can help you (or your wife with) please don't hesitate to PM me:)

I would suggest just start talking with people you may feel good about then give frienships some time to grow. If you and they get comfortable with each other then perhaps you might ask about having a session with them. Or at least talk about it. It seems easier for me to talk about these things with people I know.

My sweetie and I have attended one NEST, and I'm looking forward to going again. We met some great people, and I wish I had had the confidence then to chat with more people. On the way home, he said, "I would have liked to..." I won't do that again! I want to plan better this time!

So... how exactly does one go about finding people to tickle ahead of time when you don't know anyone yet?

A conundrum....

Dixiee

Its really not so hard as you think. If you want to know people in advance that are interested in playing with you, you just got to get to know people on here. Its not hard to do. You just did it a little bit with your last post. You told something about yourself and your husband, and now Kered and I have replied and know you a little bit better. Post and reply more frequently on the forum and you'll find a lot of people will know you better and vice versa.

You also should come to a TMF radio show and hang out with us in the chatroom. Almost everybody that hosts or listens is a gathering veteran or someone who plans to attend gathering. So you can make a lot of contacts this way. Just don't push the issue too quickly. Just as it is important at the actual event itself, its true of the months leading up to it: its much easier to play or plan to play with someone that you are comfortable with first. That means if you don't yet feel you could chat with that person for 10 minutes or so about something other than tickling, you may not know them well enough yet to start discussing a session. That's sort of a base guideline I use.

NEST in 2009

Okay - it's 'official.' My wife & I made a New Year's resolution to attend NEST in 2009, for our first time. So, please add me to the list or keep me informed as to the dates, reservations, etc...........
We're both in our early 50s, and it would be cool to meet some other like-minded souls at the event. If anyone asks, I can fill in more about us & our interests either on this thread, or via PM. We are of slightly differing 'persuasions' as to personal likes & dislikes, and I am rather more 'into' it overall than she is.
This is so cool!
my best,

Okay - it's 'official.' My wife & I made a New Year's resolution to attend NEST in 2009, for our first time. So, please add me to the list or keep me informed as to the dates, reservations, etc...........
We're both in our early 50s, and it would be cool to meet some other like-minded souls at the event. If anyone asks, I can fill in more about us & our interests either on this thread, or via PM. We are of slightly differing 'persuasions' as to personal likes & dislikes, and I am rather more 'into' it overall than she is.
This is so cool!
my best,

There isn't any list to be added to at this point. NEST is the weekend of May 1-3. Just keep an eye out for NEST registration information when it gets posted and then register.

NEST

I have the opposite question about age. Do you tend to get a young crowd at NEST as well (like 18-25)? I'm 19 so I'm not being a creeper...

I have the opposite question about age. Do you tend to get a young crowd at NEST as well (like 18-25)? I'm 19 so I'm not being a creeper...

NEST gets an amazing cross section of ages - in 2008
we had about 20 people 18-25 attend.

Lee

Party in my room!

My party is still on Saturday night, right? Its still going to happen especially if I get a babysitter for Jr for the night.

Jamie

The Brotherhood still rules this NEST! You hear that sistas!

How do get signed up for nest? I have not seen any thread for that.

How do get signed up for nest? I have not seen any thread for that.

That's because registration is not ready yet. Lee is still working on the NEST 2009 website. I'm sure she'll make it known when the site is ready for registration.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back