• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question concerning male ego and relationship dynamics

AquaFeline

TMF Expert
Would some guys be humiliated if they were dating a gal who made more money than them? What about if they were older or younger?

I wouldn't mind dating a girl who made more money than me. But I doubt I'd ever move in with or marry one, mainly because it would feel too much like I was being dependant on them. Which is something I hate regardless of gender,

I wouldn't mind dating a woman who made more money than I do.

Most men of my generation, howerver, were brought up to believe that we ought to be taller, stronger, older, and richer than our girlfriends (or wives).

Absolutely Not! I would not be humiliated! Dating or married, younger or older, doesn't matter!

Many women have told me that they would like to quit their job and stay home while I worked. BullStuff! So I figure I'll turn the tables on them.

Please just be nice, nice looking, and ticklish of course. And be away on business all the time and leave me the debit card.

naww it wouldnt matter to me. Financially, I depend on myself in life and not others. If she made more then thats great, if not, oh well. I have no problem helping others out if I can. Im definately not selfish with my money. All that would matter, is if she treated me well, that I had feelings for her, she was decent looking, and had a personality that fit good with mine. Age, I try to keep it within 3 years younger...18 and about 4 years older..25. Im 21 and have been turned down by a 19 year old cause i was too old. lmao Anyways, im basically independant person as it is, but im always lookin for someone to chill with and maybe even have a relationship with. Just not too many girls in ohio that are actually lookin for a guy/relationship.

Hmm. I guess it's not so much about the male ego, but about the upbringing (as milagros mentioned). Therefore I'd prefer the woman to be about as rich or poor as I am. I'd hate to be dependent on somebody else; besides, I'd make a lousy housewife. But nobody knows the target of Cupid's arrow...

Personally, I prefer younger, slimmer women. I'm old and fat myself, so I need a counterpoint... :p

AquaFeline said:
Would some guys be humiliated if they were dating a gal who made more money than them? What about if they were older or younger?

Good question... When it comes to age, I try to date women that are between the ages of 20 and 26. In other words, I prefer women my age or younger, but still in their twenties. It's not that I don't want to date women older than myself, but it seems like the vast majority of women I meet prefer to date men older than themselves. I wouldn't have a problem dating a 30 year old woman, but I probably would feel weird dating one older than that -- mostly because of generational issues.

People say age is just a number, but to me, age is both the difference between legality and illegality, and it's what determines how well you can relate to someone. Being 26, I doubt I'd have much in common with a 36 year old woman. Likewise, I wouldn't have much in common with a 17 year old either (but there are legal issues aside from that in this case anyway).

When it comes to money, I have to admit that my viewpoint is somewhat traditional. I prefer dating women that make either the same amount as me or less. Perhaps, part of this is ego, but another part of it is because most women I meet prefer to date men that make more than them.

As you can see, traditional gender roles in courtship are often reinforced by women themselves. Male ego may or may not have begun these traditional outlooks, but most women that I've met don't seem to have a problem with them either. Maybe this is just because I live in the Bible Belt. I'm guessing things are different in the Northeast and the West Coast.

I was 25 and my wife 30 when we married. I had a fun professional career but made peanuts and she always made twice as much as me. Now that I'm back in school and don't make anything I'm especially thankful that she does well. I wish I was contributing more now but in general my attitude has always that our lifestyle is better because one of us, at least, was making good money. I didn't care if it was her or me...

Thanks for all the responses. Keep them coming if you feel so inclined :) I guess I phrased my question wrong, I was more curious if a gal being younger or older affected if you cared if she made more money or not, so if anyone wants to answer that too I'd be grateful.

I always say I'm just looking for my hieress, so I wouldn't mind.

AquaFeline said:
Thanks for all the responses. Keep them coming if you feel so inclined :) I guess I phrased my question wrong, I was more curious if a gal being younger or older affected if you cared if she made more money or not, so if anyone wants to answer that too I'd be grateful.

That's a weird correlation... hmmm... If she was older, I don't think that I'd care if she made more money than me -- in fact, I'd probably expect it. If she was younger, I probably would be a little embarrassed.

This is going to sound weird, but I think the nature of the occupation matters as well. For example, if she was a scientist or doctor, then a higher income probably wouldn't bother me as much, because she would likely be very intelligent... and personally, intelligence is probably the biggest turn on for me. A girl that I can relate to on an intellectual level is basically what I look for more than anything else.

If she was a businesswoman, then I'd respect that, but I'd hope that her success was more due to wisdom than inheritance or manipulativeness.

i definitely would not mind if my girlfriend/wife made more money than i do. hey, that means WE have a lot of money! besides, i wouldnt mind being a house husband....

as for age, now that i am 33, age doesnt bother me as much when it comes to older women. women who are between 30 and 45 for example seem okay to me. i remember the days when that seemed impossible. i guess it's that maturity thing. there is a big difference between an 18 year old and a 35 year old for example. HOPEFULLY the 35 year old is more mature and settled....it would be sad if it's the other way around..

hmm

I would basically search out a way to make more money than my spouse. I look at it as I am the breadwinner by design so I should by all means bring in the bigger paycheck. That does not mean I would force my woman to get a lower paying job, that just means I'd strive for a higher paying one. I think a man should be able to take care of his family in all facets. I suppose it wouldn't bother me if my woman was a model or an actress of some kind. Then there'd be no way I could compete. Another thing I respect a house husband but I'll be damned if I end up like that.

Only the insecure ones...

...I, on the other hand, am still holding out for my ticklish nymphomaniac coke connection who owns a Ferrari dealership. :evilha: C'mere, sugarmomma!

hmm

I wouldn't mind as long as she loved me.
Hell i might be flattered if a succesful woman choose me over other men.
Would mean someting wouldn't it?

I wouldn't mind at all. In fact when we married, my wife did make more money than me. :xbee:

To me, the bigger issue is one of respect. Her earning status didn't threaten my self-respect. Also, she's always respected me, even when she earned the big bucks.

I used to date a girl who was much smarter than me. It didn't bother me at all until we were fighting, at which time she pointed this out. :sowrong:

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back