• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question for producers: have you noticed that sample pictures uploaded to C4S look worse than the originals?

The Last Laugh

3rd Level Green Feather
There's a technical issue about my own C4S store that's bugged me for a long time. I'm wondering if I'm just imagining it or if other producers have noticed the same thing.

As you know, a clip's dedicated page on a C4S store typically includes a sample picture (and often a preview clip as well). When I look at the pictures I've uploaded to my store, the quality looks noticeably worse than the original pictures that I've created. Now, I won't claim that my work looks great to begin with. But once uploaded on my store they look significantly more blurry and crappy than the originals to me, like some of the data was lost in the process. It's entirely possible that the pictures get compressed, possibly to save space. But if that's the case, that's some pretty bad compression.

I actually talked to a C4S agent on the phone about this about an hour ago. He didn't seem to be aware of this issue, and he said that he doesn't think the pictures get compressed. I can't help but feel this is BS. Or if there's genuinely no compression going on, then there's another factor at play that makes the pictures look bad.

Have any other producers on C4S noticed this about their own pictures on their stores? Is this normal? Or am I just wrong about this?

I've attached a picture as an example. It's actually two versions of the same picture (which itself is a collage of 4 pictures). The version on top is the original picture. The bottom version is what it looks like on my C4S store. Am I crazy to think the latter looks worse? To me it looks like a thin layer of vaseline was applied to it, making it look more blurry and making the colors look duller and washed out.

If I'm right and pictures uploaded to C4S end up looking crappier than the originals, well, that's really unfortunate. A potential buyer might get the wrong impression about the actual product, possibly resulting in a lost sale. But maybe it's not a big deal and I'm making a fuss over nothing, I don't know.

I'm under the impression that something similar happens with video previews, giving the impression that the actual clips look worse than they actually do. But again, maybe I'm just seeing things.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 8
I would agree. Seems like the bottom picture has a lower quality. Especially if you compare the pictures in the top right corner of the collages. The top one definitely has better contrast. Never actually noticed that. I will check in my store if it behaves the same way.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back