• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question for those that put up Xmas lights

GirlWhoLikes2Laugh

4th Level Orange Feather
I know that since I am Jewish that I obviously don't put up Xmas lights but I have a question for those that do. Do people prefer still or moving lights? Look forward to your responses.

:xpulcy: :atom: :couch: :blaugh:

Moving lights have a better effect in my opinion, it's like they are dancing :D

Still lights here, good question!

My relatives, Christian, would put up blue lights simply because they found them relaxing, I think
(and I'm sure I've seen blue and/or white lights on homes with menorahs, too!) :)
Maybe it was also because Christ was Jewish, I don't know if that influenced my relatives' decision...

I like plain white lights, very soothing, like electrified snow --- the smaller the better, daintier, especially when a person's able to kinda "fit" them to the shape of trees, or tree limbs.... Or even just around the front of a house, in random patterns on bushes, it really brightens up the night psychologically as well.

Kids might like the multi-colored lights more...

Also love the sight of (electric, of course) candles in windows from inside the house :D as well as outside.

People are putting up lights for every holiday, even orange lights for halloween or thanksgiving, no one should be excluded if they want the effect! :grouphug:

I just want to say that if I were Christian, I would put up still lights instead of moving lights if I had a house or an apartment with a patio. That's just what I would prefer. I would like to go to a display where they would have moving lights like if I were to go to Longwood Gardens that's in Philly for example where they have moving lights along with music. That would be cool to see!

:bouncybou :bowing:

I favor still, multi-colored lights, which I think are the prettiest, but I've yet to see a set of xmas lights I haven't liked. Touring the more festively-decorated neighborhoods in my area makes me appreciate the wide variety of holiday decorations out there.

while im not christian , i put up lights every year just because i enjoy the look. my neighborhood is very competetive and we are always trying to one up the next house, so i usually have the flashing/moving lights, and alot of them. i havent broke down and got the giant inflatable snow globe yet, but if i need one this year to stay ahead of the competition, i just might......

I know that since I am Jewish that I obviously don't put up Xmas lights but I have a question for those that do. Do people prefer still or moving lights? Look forward to your responses.

:xpulcy: :atom: :couch: :blaugh:

Hi Jen, Actually, I like both still and moving lights, but for this season my lights are still. :D

We celebrate Christmas, but since I've grown up, I don't think theres much need for lights on every window and a chocolate on every branch of the tree.

We still have a small,fake tree that lights up. There are a fair amount of options, white, blue, multicoloured, flashing or still. Personally I prefer blue, at a slow speed without music (I suppose I should have mentioned that this tree is musical)

Yeah, no reason why everyone can't put up lights!!

I was trying to say the same above ----
Doesn't matter if you're Christian or Jewish, Wiccan, Buddhist, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu --- You can put up lights for any holiday or season,

Hanukkah is early this year, Dec. 4, but you can keep blue, blue and white, white, more specifically, or multi-color, whatever you want, all winter --

As wrote above, I've seen LOADS of outdoor lights on houses with menorahs in the windows,
you should have fun with this yourself, Jen :xpulcy:

We keep our decorations until February, white lights with a wreath, then we switch to a little bit of understated Valentine's... :cupid:

But I love the extra-bright wintry effect throughout January :dogpile:

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back