• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

This is more an annoying question for CrystalLight, but it's worth noting for other mods.

I can not seem to see the background color in my profile. It's set to some ridiculous pink, but all I see is white. Am I missing something?

Okay. That's weird. It's showing up as white for me too. Wasn't like that when you first did it.

I know this is getting annoying for everyone; but what browser are you using? I'm on Chrome.

Edit: Nevermind. Browser is irrelevant. It's happening for me in FF & someone else in IE as well as Chrome.

Moar Edit: It seems the Default setting for Backgrounds IS white now.

When I revert, it's still white. When I hit Default, it's white. So after I performed these steps, I put in a basic gray.. and it showed up. But when I saved and viewed my profile, it was still white.

I can see this as well. I'll put in a support ticket. I would note that profile customization in vBulletin 4 is very broken, and I'd bet this is just one other symptom of that.

I cannot seem to get into chat.. I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see anything on this. Is there a new version of Java I need to upload or flash?

I cannot seem to get into chat.. I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see anything on this. Is there a new version of Java I need to upload or flash?

Just got in okay.

If you're using Internet Explorer, we are encouraging folks to update their Java.

If you're not, try clearing your cache, closing and re-opening the browser after & trying again.

If it still gets wonky, let me know. <3

Hi
I cannot post a new thread. I can only put the title but I am not being able to write

Thanks
Diego

Hi
I cannot post a new thread. I can only put the title but I am not being able to write

Thanks
Diego

There are no issues with posting threads. -- Where are you trying to post a thread?

Hi Cristal, thanks for your reply

In the discussion forum I try to post. I can put the title but when I try to write in the body of the thread (please sorry for my English), its like a grey area and I am not being able to do it. This was not a problem before the update to this V4.

Hi Cristal, thanks for your reply

In the discussion forum I try to post. I can put the title but when I try to write in the body of the thread (please sorry for my English), its like a grey area and I am not being able to do it. This was not a problem before the update to this V4.

Could you tell me what area of the forum you're trying to make a thread in?

Tickling Discussion?

General Discussion?

A different area?

I am not having issues making a thread in any of those.

Thank you, Now its working!
Probably your good thoughts!!!!! Thank you Cristal
Best
Diego

I can't get the chatroom to open! The page opens but the pop up box doesnt appear :(

I type in "BBW" (big beautiful women) in the search and nothing comes up....that's how I used to find BBW tickling which i'm only interested in...now I feel all hope is lost :(

As noted above the search engine is not functioning properly. Use HDS's instructions on how to use Google or Bing to search the site.

Myriads

I'm not even home yet, so maybe this is a premature question to ask until I see, but I was just wondering...

I havent been able to get into the chatroom for quite some time, even at home. I've tried updating java, to no avail, but this is more about accessing the forum itself.

My computer (If it still works God willing after being off for 2 months) is an old Dell from 2002, with a very old version of IE. I think I updated IE once since I've had the computer.. maybe seven years ago.

So.. my question is.. is it likely I will still be able to access even the forum itself with my very old version of IE, or will I probably have to update it?

If anyone has any info, it will be appreciated. Thanks. I probably wont be home until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway, but I was just wondering.

Mitch

I know the search problems have been discussed already but I have to say something. My searches for clips were pretty much the only reason I joined the site. If I'm to be told that from now on I'll have to search in Google or Bing as pakkarot was told then this site is of no use to me anymore. I'm sorry if this is harsh but you have to understand how extremely frustrating it is to just come along one day to find a completely revamped site where the one functionality I used no longer works. What I'd like to know is will these problems ever be resolved? My specific search term is the same as pakkarot's.

Last edited:
We upgraded the forum because support for the last version was waining, and hacks and exploits were starting to be a big issue as the software had been taken apart and studied by bot makers and such.

So our upgrade was needful. We had little choice in the matter, as if we didn't the odds of you logging into a TMF that had been hacked/erase/whatever was growing.

The new version of VB is far from perfect, the search function sucks. There is no fix for this issue until the writers of the code serve a patch. When will they do this? No idea. Could be next week, could be next year. We have no control over their update speed. That this version of VB has been out for almost a year can give you an idea as to how long they let things ride broken.

Using Google or Bing to search us is not any harder or more difficult then using the built in function. HDS describes how to do it above, and it does return good results. It is a hassle to not be able to use the built in search, but its how it is.

I regret that the forum that we supply to you free of charge, and ask nothing for from you to use is not operating up to the levels of performance that you wish it to.

Myriads

As it turned out, one of the fixes for color broke the customizable background colors on profiles. It was a relatively minor fix (the white behind posts was slightly darkened) and I've removed it. Customized backgrounds should now work.

Search on vBulletin is bad. vBulletin knows this. Many, many angry users have told them this. They are supposedly working on it, but I've seen no sign of this. I just tried installing a commercial solution that another large vBulletin forum uses and have found that it works no better. I simply don't have a way to fix it until they do. The time and manpower is simply not here for us to create a fix on our own. Using Google or Bing is fortunately simple; all one has to do is go their and put site:www.ticklingforum.com before their search. Is it annoying to have to leave the site to search? Sure. But, at least there is an option. Believe you me, we don't like it any more than you do.

Last edited:
I think with most browsers you can open a separate Browser tab and do the search their and stay logged into the TMF. I do this all the time not for searching the TMF but for business stuff I need to look up while posting. Hope this is helpful. :)

Thanks, kurch. Yes, it is helpful. Hopefully when I do finally get home, I'll be able to access TMF from my home computer just as I always have been.

Mitch

Hey, thanks for the update!

I have one small question:
Could AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type be set to (o) Database , so one wouldn't loose all unread threads/post, just because one were idle too long or logged out during reading through the new posts.

Thanks in advance.

Hiya!

I'm using Safari on my Mac but I can't open the chatroom :(
I can open all the relevant link but the chatroom box that used to pop up doesnt pop up for me anymore :/ Help!

Thanks, April xxxxxxxx

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back