• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Reasons the Dallas Cowboys of the 90`s are the best dynasty ever...

FlockOfSeagulls

3rd Level Yellow Feather
There have been many people who have debated on which NFL team is the best. That being said, here are just a few reasons why the Cowboys of the 90`s are the best dynasty since the SuperBowl have been played.

1. They were the most complete team that has ever been assembled. They were one of the few teams that could play any style on ball and beat you at your own game.

2. The defense had Big-time playmakers and the team speed was ridiculous. They could pressure the QB with just a 4-man front and also played as physical as anyone in football.

3. The special teams were the best in the biz, they were led by Bill Bates

4. The offense was so balanced and multi-dimensional. They could run and pass the ball so effectively that if you tried to stop one, the other would dominate the game.

5. The offensive line of Mark Tunei . Nate Newton, Mark Stepnoski, Larry Allen, and Eric Williams was as good as any in the history of football. They were the most physical line in the 90`s by far; in the 4th quarter they just wore the defense down

6. The triplets are the best group of 3 DOMINANT players that has ever been assembled or any amount of time while still in they`re prime.

7. Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson revolutionized how modern football is played, drafted , managed and strategized.

8. They won 3 SuperBowls in 4 years. They won all the SB`S they played in and there was no questions to whether they cheated or not, nor were they docked a 1st round draft for cheating

These guys even won the last Superbowl with a lame duck coach in Barry Switzer. They won the biggest games on the biggest stages...no othet teams compare... no one else is even close

Yeah can't argue with all those arrests and what not. :rolleyes:

BTW: Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Roger Craig > The Triplets

I agree with everything but the very end: I'm a Switzer fan, too........ :wavingguy

Kinda of arrogant to say no one is even close. Ya the Cowboys were most likely the best team of the '90s, but the 49ers are a very close second. The 94 Niners may very well be the best team of any single season of the 90's.

Yeah can't argue with all those arrests and what not. :rolleyes:

BTW: Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Roger Craig > The Triplets

Roger Craig compared to all-time rushing yards leader Emmitt Smith; are you freakin` kiddin me??????:scared:

Roger Craig compared to all-time rushing yards leader Emmitt Smith; are you freakin` kiddin me??????:scared:

Roger was the standard for all round RB's, paving the way for Marshall Faulk. Take Emmitt away from that oline and he's a journey man. Roger > Emmitt

Roger was the standard for all round RB's, paving the way for Marshall Faulk. Take Emmitt away from that oline and he's a journey man. Roger > Emmitt

Wow

You just showed you HAVE NO CLUE about pro football. If you will check the stats from his career, you will see he is one of all-time best at getting yards AFTER first contact.Yes his line was fantastic, but his yards after contact propelled him to all-time rushing yards leader. And no one was a more COMPLETE back than Emmitt

What a crazy world this is. I am going to agree with a poster I recently went toe to toe with in "Storm" and disagree with a guy who had the same viewpoint I had in another thread. Amazing how the sports world works. I'm laughing hard right now at the irony.....

Flock, I know you are a Cowboys fans, but GET REAL. The Cowboys of the 90's are the best dynasty? Um.....NO. The 49ers of the 1980's are. Their offense REVOLUTIONIZED football. Ever hear of the West Coast offense? Yeah, what franchise perfected it?

Like Storm said, Roger Craig was a bigger threat than Emmitt Smith. Now, before all the Cowboy fans come running in blasting me, keep in mind I never said Roger was a better RUNNING BACK, I am simply saying Roger was a bigger threat. Roger was a threat at RECEIVING and RUNNING the ball. Emmitt never was a threat at receiver. Emmitt, also had a great offensive line. All this talk about Emmitt Smith, but if he played with a different line, he's in the league for 3-4 years TOPS.

Troy Aikman. I got a lot of love for Troy as he is a UCLA Bruin. BUT, is he better than Joe Montana? HELL NO. If you even say he is, then you are smoking some serious stuff.

Michael Irvin? Mr. push off? Yeah, he's great, but does even remotely compare to Jerry Rice? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HELL NO!!!! Not even close. Plus what happened to Alvin Harper? Yet, John Taylor was STILL the man at receiver. He never disappeared.

The 49er offense was a LOT more potent than the Dallas offense. I will give Dallas' O-line the edge, but the triplets over Montana/Rice/Craig? Give me a break....

Defensively, the 49ers didn't get enough credit in the 1980's for their defensive prowess. Are you really going to question Ronnie Lott's greatness? Dallas was good, but the 49ers defense was just as good or even better.

Jimmy Johnson is a damn good coach, but c'mon, is he better than Bill Walsh? Um, NO.

Jerry Jones vs Eddie DeBartolo. Eddie's control of the 49ers helped shape what ownership does to create dynasties. Jerry is just pure evil.....

Yeah, Barry Switzer won a SuperBowl (with Jimmy's team), but the same can be said about George Seifert, who even won a second Superbowl in the mid 90s.

Dallas? The best dynasty ever? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this post did make me laugh. Sorry, but the 49ers were the best ever. (Now, watch some Steelers fan show up about the 70's Steelers. Wait and see.....)

The only reason that this is an argument is because the 'Boys let egos and off-the-field issues get in the way of holding the 90's hostage. That West Coast crap was revolutionary THEN. The Cowboys did beat the '9ers twice (should've been three times) to get to the promised land. I think that most of the so-called experts would say that America's Team was the greatest that we have ever seen.

What a crazy world this is. I am going to agree with a poster I recently went toe to toe with in "Storm" and disagree with a guy who had the same viewpoint I had in another thread. Amazing how the sports world works. I'm laughing hard right now at the irony.....

Flock, I know you are a Cowboys fans, but GET REAL. The Cowboys of the 90's are the best dynasty? Um.....NO. The 49ers of the 1980's are. Their offense REVOLUTIONIZED football. Ever hear of the West Coast offense? Yeah, what franchise perfected it?

Like Storm said, Roger Craig was a bigger threat than Emmitt Smith. Now, before all the Cowboy fans come running in blasting me, keep in mind I never said Roger was a better RUNNING BACK, I am simply saying Roger was a bigger threat. Roger was a threat at RECEIVING and RUNNING the ball. Emmitt never was a threat at receiver. Emmitt, also had a great offensive line. All this talk about Emmitt Smith, but if he played with a different line, he's in the league for 3-4 years TOPS.

Troy Aikman. I got a lot of love for Troy as he is a UCLA Bruin. BUT, is he better than Joe Montana? HELL NO. If you even say he is, then you are smoking some serious stuff.

Michael Irvin? Mr. push off? Yeah, he's great, but does even remotely compare to Jerry Rice? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HELL NO!!!! Not even close. Plus what happened to Alvin Harper? Yet, John Taylor was STILL the man at receiver. He never disappeared.

The 49er offense was a LOT more potent than the Dallas offense. I will give Dallas' O-line the edge, but the triplets over Montana/Rice/Craig? Give me a break....

Defensively, the 49ers didn't get enough credit in the 1980's for their defensive prowess. Are you really going to question Ronnie Lott's greatness? Dallas was good, but the 49ers defense was just as good or even better.

Jimmy Johnson is a damn good coach, but c'mon, is he better than Bill Walsh? Um, NO.

Jerry Jones vs Eddie DeBartolo. Eddie's control of the 49ers helped shape what ownership does to create dynasties. Jerry is just pure evil.....

Yeah, Barry Switzer won a SuperBowl (with Jimmy's team), but the same can be said about George Seifert, who even won a second Superbowl in the mid 90s.

Dallas? The best dynasty ever? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this post did make me laugh. Sorry, but the 49ers were the best ever. (Now, watch some Steelers fan show up about the 70's Steelers. Wait and see.....)

Talking about making someone laugh

Comparing Roger Craig to Emmitt Smith is like comparing a decent car painter to Picasso.And if you will go back and look Smith did get the ball out of the backfield ALOT.

Troy Aikman was a fantastic Qb and all he did was win every Sb THAT HE PLAYED IN. He was as accurate as any Qb in NFL history. Montana is a phenomenal QB as well, but is it really that hard to throw 3- yard slants all day long?

And Jay Novacheck is 100 times better than any TE that SF ever had.

The BOYS` defense was far superior to anything the 49ER`S ever had to offer.

All Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones did was rebuild 1-15 team into a dynasty

Did the 49ers EVER WIN 3 Superbowls in 4 years????um that would be no!!!!!

oh yea , one more thing

Jerry Jones is evil huh

Didn`t EVIL eddie have to relinquish control to his kids [ FORCED BY THE LEAGUE}because of all the illegal shit he did. Jones is a choirboy compared to Eddie. hahahahahahaha

sorry...

The Cowboys of the 1990's may have had the best draft ever, a solid team from top to bottom, a brutal offensive line that paved the way for Emmitt, gave Troy an almost impervious pocket...and Michael Irvin's play making were instrumental in getting those 3 rings.

Jerry Jones made the greatest mistake in the history of the NFL in personnel decisions by firing Jimmy Johnson right after winning the Super Bowl and hiring hated Oklahoma coaching legend Barry Switzer, thinking he could win more titles in auto-pilot.

That third title was not an easy blowout for the 'Boys. Barry's WWE-esqe performance on the podium with the trophy was a disgrace that I will never forget. The dyansty ended soon after.

It's my belief that the Cowboys would have won 3 if not 4 Super Bowls in a row, if Johnson was retained, and probably would have won a few more later on.

For me the greatest team of all time will still always be...

White_Holmes_Greene_Greenwood_Photo_mid.jpg

Triplet this...

Flock, c'mon man. Did you think about your reply? Several things wrong with it. First, I said Roger Craig was a bigger THREAT than Emmitt Smith. Correct me if I am wrong (I'm not), but didn't Roger Craig rush for over a 1,000 yard AND had over 1,000 yards RECEIVING in the SAME season? Also answer this question too. Did Emmitt ever do that? Nope....

Again, I love Troy Aikman. He is a UCLA Bruin baby! Yes, he did win THREE Superbowls. He did go undefeated in SuperBowls as well. Now, let's look at "Joe Cool". He has FOUR Superbowl titles. He was also undefeated in those games as well. Now, isn't FOUR rings greater than THREE?

Also, the Cowboys won 3 titles in the 1990's. 3 in 4 years. Pretty impressive. But all of those titles came by the mid 1990's. Where were they the rest of the decade? The 49ers won FOUR titles in the 1980's and they occurred in the early 1980's and the late 1980's (1981, 1984, 1988, 1989). That's staying power. That is a true dynasty.

Oh yeah, did you also know that the 49ers are the ONLY franchise that has won more than one Superbowl to have NEVER LOST in the SuperBowl? Go back, do the research. EVERY SINGLE FRANCHISE that has won more than ONE title (in other words, 2 or more) has lost a SuperBowl, except ONE franchise. That's right, the 49ers who are 5-0 in those games. Can the Cowboys say the same?

You talk about Jay Novacek. Yeah, he was good, but what? Brent Jones was a nobody? Novacek was about the SAME as Jones.

Again, not enough credit is given to those 49er defenses. The 84 defense was pretty damn good, as well as the 89 defense. Did you think the 49ers simply outscored everyone? Nope, they had defense too.

Yes, Eddie Debartolo did some "not so nice things", but Jerry Jones is not exactly "innocent" as well. Fires Tom Landy, fires Jimmy Johnson and what has happened since then? The 49ers went south as soon as Eddie left. Jerry is still there. What's his excuse?

4 titles in a decade always beats 3. Bill Walsh is a genius. Joe will always come before Troy. Jerry Rice is the greatest receiver to ever play the game. Don't forget. The 49er franchise has also beaten the Cowboys to get to the SuperBowl before. Remember "The Catch"? Remember Steve Young running around the field after the game? I sure do.....

Flock, c'mon man. Did you think about your reply? Several things wrong with it. First, I said Roger Craig was a bigger THREAT than Emmitt Smith. Correct me if I am wrong (I'm not), but didn't Roger Craig rush for over a 1,000 yard AND had over 1,000 yards RECEIVING in the SAME season? Also answer this question too. Did Emmitt ever do that? Nope....

Again, I love Troy Aikman. He is a UCLA Bruin baby! Yes, he did win THREE Superbowls. He did go undefeated in SuperBowls as well. Now, let's look at "Joe Cool". He has FOUR Superbowl titles. He was also undefeated in those games as well. Now, isn't FOUR rings greater than THREE?

Also, the Cowboys won 3 titles in the 1990's. 3 in 4 years. Pretty impressive. But all of those titles came by the mid 1990's. Where were they the rest of the decade? The 49ers won FOUR titles in the 1980's and they occurred in the early 1980's and the late 1980's (1981, 1984, 1988, 1989). That's staying power. That is a true dynasty.

Oh yeah, did you also know that the 49ers are the ONLY franchise that has won more than one Superbowl to have NEVER LOST in the SuperBowl? Go back, do the research. EVERY SINGLE FRANCHISE that has won more than ONE title (in other words, 2 or more) has lost a SuperBowl, except ONE franchise. That's right, the 49ers who are 5-0 in those games. Can the Cowboys say the same?

You talk about Jay Novacek. Yeah, he was good, but what? Brent Jones was a nobody? Novacek was about the SAME as Jones.

Again, not enough credit is given to those 49er defenses. The 84 defense was pretty damn good, as well as the 89 defense. Did you think the 49ers simply outscored everyone? Nope, they had defense too.

Yes, Eddie Debartolo did some "not so nice things", but Jerry Jones is not exactly "innocent" as well. Fires Tom Landy, fires Jimmy Johnson and what has happened since then? The 49ers went south as soon as Eddie left. Jerry is still there. What's his excuse?

4 titles in a decade always beats 3. Bill Walsh is a genius. Joe will always come before Troy. Jerry Rice is the greatest receiver to ever play the game. Don't forget. The 49er franchise has also beaten the Cowboys to get to the SuperBowl before. Remember "The Catch"? Remember Steve Young running around the field after the game? I sure do.....

Let me see

Did Craig even sniff the Hall Of Fame....Emmitt is a sure thing the first year he is eligible.Even you will have to admit that

I am a huge huge Montana fan ..but what did he do when he went to KC....NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING He was a greatly aided by the system he played in. Aikmans career was cut BIGTIME short because of the concussions.

Again 3 in 4 years..your so called team NEVER EVER DID THAT...

Brent Jones wasn`t a pimple on Novacheck`s ass. That is being AHUGE HOMER by even saying that.

The biggest reason why people didn`t give the 49ers defense more credit because they were average. this post was about the most complete team ever. A mediocre defense doesn`t fit the criteria.

Bill Walsh was a genius ...I give him that; but so was jimmy Johnson

BY THE WAY...why not answer my question. if Jerry is so evil and eddie is so great then why did the NFL TAKE THE TEAM AWAY FROM EDDIE?????????

Tell me Flock, what's better? THREE SuperBowl rings, or FOUR in a decade? I would love to hear your answer.

Let's see, you said Joe did NOTHING when he went to Kansas City. Well, he did lead them to the AFC title game, I guess that's nothing if you're Joe Montana and winning FOUR SuperBowls.

Using your same logic (Montana at KC), then what did Jimmy Johnson do when he went to Miami? NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. Keep in mind this Dallas Cowboy dynasty was largely created to the idiotic Minnesota Vikings. They traded the farm for Herschel Walker. Thank the Vikings, not Jimmy and Jerry.

Emmitt Smith should have his O-lineman induct him into the Hall Of Fame. Without them, he would have been in the league for 4 years TOPS. Emmitt really isn't that good. He's decent, but not great. His line made him what he is. Remember the debate in the 90's? If you put Emmitt in Detroit, would he have the same career? Now put Barry Sanders in Dallas and he shatter Payton's record by a good 10,000 more yards. Emmitt is a good back, but his line made him great.

Jay Novacek was NOT that great. Brent Jones was faster and a better TE than Jay will ever be.

As for defense. Name one Cowboy during their "dynasty" that was better than Ronnie Lott. I can hear the crickets chirping as you try to answer.

Okay fine. Eddie did some illegal crap, that's what cost him his franchise. Just remember, Jerry never got caught. I wonder who really ran "the White House"?

Did the Cowboys have an offense named after them? Nope. West Coast offense. Gee, what franchise was known for that?

I'm glad you never mention Michael Irvin ever again. You really do not want to argue against Jerry.....

So, once again tell me. What's better? FOUR SuperBowl titles in a decade, or THREE? It should be an easy answer......And the Cowboys won that 3rd one because Neil O'Donnell is a fool.....

Tell me Flock, what's better? THREE SuperBowl rings, or FOUR in a decade? I would love to hear your answer.

Let's see, you said Joe did NOTHING when he went to Kansas City. Well, he did lead them to the AFC title game, I guess that's nothing if you're Joe Montana and winning FOUR SuperBowls.

Using your same logic (Montana at KC), then what did Jimmy Johnson do when he went to Miami? NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. Keep in mind this Dallas Cowboy dynasty was largely created to the idiotic Minnesota Vikings. They traded the farm for Herschel Walker. Thank the Vikings, not Jimmy and Jerry.

Emmitt Smith should have his O-lineman induct him into the Hall Of Fame. Without them, he would have been in the league for 4 years TOPS. Emmitt really isn't that good. He's decent, but not great. His line made him what he is. Remember the debate in the 90's? If you put Emmitt in Detroit, would he have the same career? Now put Barry Sanders in Dallas and he shatter Payton's record by a good 10,000 more yards. Emmitt is a good back, but his line made him great.

Jay Novacek was NOT that great. Brent Jones was faster and a better TE than Jay will ever be.

As for defense. Name one Cowboy during their "dynasty" that was better than Ronnie Lott. I can hear the crickets chirping as you try to answer.

Okay fine. Eddie did some illegal crap, that's what cost him his franchise. Just remember, Jerry never got caught. I wonder who really ran "the White House"?

Did the Cowboys have an offense named after them? Nope. West Coast offense. Gee, what franchise was known for that?

I'm glad you never mention Michael Irvin ever again. You really do not want to argue against Jerry.....

So, once again tell me. What's better? FOUR SuperBowl titles in a decade, or THREE? It should be an easy answer......And the Cowboys won that 3rd one because Neil O'Donnell is a fool.....

where do I begin

lets see ; we won 3 SB`S in 4 years...that is total domination ...

The Emmitt logic you use is completely ridiculous. But lets go with it...Lets see... if joe Montana didn`t have Jerry Rice and John Taylor he would have been a mediocre QB. OR if he played with the Cardinals he would have been out of the league in 4 years...See how ludicrous your reasoning is

When you day Jones was better than Novachek... that just ruins your football credibility here... just makes you sound like you are full of'' ''

And for the offense....If the 49ers passing offense was stopped in a game, the run offense could not carry the team....again that is when the word COMPLETE team comes to play....the Cowboys run offense could and did carry the offense when needed.....ask someone to name the top ten best running backs of all-time; Roger Craig NEVER EVER comes into that conversation.

Jerry Rice is the best receiver of all-time.... all Michael Irvin did was lead his team to 3 sb`s and get inshrined into the Hall OF Fame...not to shabby

And Ronnie lott...he is one of the best hitting safeties of all-time....BUT he couldn`t cover Grandma Moses when she was asleep..

And your favorite player.....Deion Sanders went from the 49ers to the Cowboys after one year.....Guess he saw the writing on the wall. Where does deion live now bye the way????? And Deion has already said he wants to be enshrined as a Cowboy...so put that in your pipe and smoke it...your fav player dumped the 49ers to be a Cowboy....that must rip your heart out

You question my football knowledge huh? Man, you crack me up. First of all, I love how you avoid the simple fact that the 49ers won FOUR titles in a decade and the Cowboys only THREE. I can understand why you want to skip that simple fact that kills your whole argument....

3 titles in 4 years? Yeah, impressive, but so is 4 in 6 (Steelers) and hell, the Patriots did the same thing (3 in 4). Your point is what? FOUR titles still beats THREE titles in a decade.

Ah yes, your defending little Emmitt. I guess you missed the part of me saying I never said Craig was better, I said he was a bigger threat. Roger can beat you with running or receiving. Emmitt was only a runner. Plus, you make it seem like Roger Craig was some stiff. He received the NFL Offensive player of the year award. He was the first RB to ever rush for a 1000 yards (1050) and receive for a 1000 yards (1016) in the same season. Only one other RB has ever done that since. Marshall Faulk. He was voted onto the NFL's all 1980's team. So, Craig might not have been the dominant rushing back, but man, you HAD to pay attention to him.

Emmitt was an average RB. His line did a lot for him. Stick any other RB behind that line and they're breaking Payton's record as well. But, you can't stick any QB into Montana's system and expect the same result. Only Steve Young got close. Notice no other 49er QB has even come close.

As for Jay Novacek. C'mon man, you seriously can't think Novacek was that much better than Brent Jones. Why don't we break out their career statistics shall we?

Jay Novacek: 422 receptions, 4630 yards, 30 TDs. Pretty impressive, BUT...

Brent Jones: 417 receptions, 5195 yards, 33 TDs. Yeah, Brent Jones was such a stiff to have better numbers than Novacek. And you say my football credibility is bad....Look in the mirror. You will see some bad credibility. Now tell me, what made Novacek better than Jones?

Okay, you still didn't name ONE Cowboy defensive player that had more of an impact than Ronnie Lott. I wonder why.....

As for "primetime". Yeah, he drank the Jerry Kool Aid and loves the Cowboys, which burns me up. Notice that I have him in 49er gear. I HATED the fact he went to Dallas. Jerry paid him the highest salary for a DB at that time and would allow him to play offense and defense. The 49ers weren't going to do that. Management mistake, but who did he get his first ring with? That's right, the 49ers.

Oh yeah, who was the first franchise to 5 SuperBowls? Who is UNDEFEATED in SuperBowls? Time for you to recognize that the 49ers had the greatest dynasty ever. All you guys ever did was the same thing the Patriots did recently. (By the way, I HATE the Patriots...) You couldn't even win FOUR titles in a decade, unlike the 49ers. You won that last SuperBowl and haven't won a playoff game since. At least after the 80's we were able to win another one....

Last edited:
Which team has the most playoff appearances?
What team has won the most playoff games?
What team has appeared in the most Super Bowls?
Which team had 7 SB MVP's with only 5 victories?
Which team is more likely to move to 6 SB wins first?
Which team holds the record for consecutive games in front of sold stadiums, both home and away? (160)

The Cowboys franchise has had staying power. They had some success pretty quick, and were this close to being the team of the 70's. They went to championship games in the early 80's and had some success until the mid 80's. And everyone knows what happened in the 90's and what will happen in the future. The Steelers success was in the 70's and the '9ers in the 80's. They had one SB win after their dynastys, but that's what they're known for.

9781401603403.jpg

Last edited:
Emmitt was an average RB. His line did a lot for him. Stick any other RB behind that line and they're breaking Payton's record as well. But, you can't stick any QB into Montana's system and expect the same result. Only Steve Young got close. Notice no other 49er QB has even come close.

And you say my football credibility is bad....Look in the mirror. You will see some bad credibility.

It's comments like that. I realize that most people won't give any Cowboy credit because they hate them so much, but you can't truly believe this crap. Being a great running back isn't about what's around you, it's about what's inside you. You can teach what RB's like Emmitt possess. How in the hell can you credit the O-line with Emmitt breaking countless tackles and making defenders miss with ease. There's just no way you can really think that shit. And I just laugh when people say Emmitt was great because he had a great offensive line. What the fuck do you think a great team is made of? Great mothafuckin' players. And that's exactly what they were, the greatest team of all-time.

And I'm sure it is hard for the QB's who've come after Montana to match his success without the people who surrounded him. Jerry did a lot for Montana as did the 'Boys O-line for Emmitt. And after Young who was there, really? Dorsey, Alex Smith and who knows.

The Cowboys record speaks for itself, & they could easily have more then 5 Super Bowl titles.

The Detroit Lions of 2000-2008 would tear both the 90s Cowboys and 90s 49ers a new buttocks-hole! They are easily the greatest dynasty in all of professional sports.

Ah Cowboy fans....You know why I like them? Because they are so self absorbed in their team, they see nothing else. Can't blame them, Cowboy fans are some of the most passionate fans ever. Just like Yankees fans, Laker fans, etc...

Fellas, let's go back to the mid 90's when the Cowboys were in their heyday. The argument at the time was, "who's a better RB? Emmitt or Barry Sanders?" The response was usually "Barry" because if you put Barry behind that line, he rushes for 3000 yards in a season. What happens if you put Emmitt in Detroit? Out of the league in 4 years.....

Emmitt Smith is no stiff. But all this "breaks tackles and shake people" happens with the secondary. If your first contact is usually 5 or 6 yards from the line of scrimmage, Emmitt BETTER break the tackles of some DB. Shae people? Emmitt was a north-south runner. He wasn't known for "shaking" people. Be honest with yourselves. Emmitt will go down as one of the greatest backs ever, but he better has his O-line induct him when he gets to the Hall.

As for the other questions posed by TickleFiend. Hey, stay on topic. We are talking about the dynasty days. You are talking about their entire franchise history. Since you want to, here are my questions to you.

Who got to 5 SuperBowls FIRST?
Who is the ONLY SuperBowl championship franchise that has won more than ONE, UNDEFEATED in the big game?
Who has actually created most of the offenses we see in today's NFL?
Who had what is considered the greatest QB and WR of all time?

As for Jerry doing a lot for Montana, yes he did, but did Montana win all FOUR of his SuperBowls AFTER he got Jerry? In fact, how many did Montana/Rice win as a combo? Montana was good for a very long time, Jerry only enhanced his career from the greatness that it already was.

If you really consider the Cowboys of the 90's the greatest dynasty of all time, then you are smoking something. It is the 49ers considering they did more DURING the "dynasty" days. But also keep in mind, the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70's can also lay their claim to best ever as well. It is too hard to call something the greatest ever because of different times when they played. Plus, we only hear from the fans of those dynasties. I am curious to see what NON Cowboys, 49ers, and Steelers fans have to say about what is the greatest "dynasty" ever.

Plus, always remember, FOUR titles always beats THREE. How come no one understands that?

OK as a true fan of football as the sport and not of a team I figured I would do a tale of the tape so to speak....
I am using the stats from the Cowboy's 3 Wins and 3 of the 49er's wins closest to the Cowboy's wins. The 49er stats are from the 90 (89 season), 89 (88 season) and 85 (84 season) super bowl wins.
I found some very shocking numbers....I expected this to be closer....but it was not....
Often times people look at certain numbers...rush yds, avg, total yds, avg per play...first downs, Turnovers and of course score to look at 2 teams and rate them. Well here is what I found from the stats available at nfl . com

COWBOYS:-- Opponents:
Score: 109 ------ 47
First Downs: 57 ------ 72
Total Yds: 957 ------ 1032
Avg per play:5.3------ 4.8
Rush yds: 301------ 327
AVG: 3.3------ 3.7
Pass yds: 656------- 705
Turnovers: 2-------- 15

49ers:------- Opponents:
Score: 113------ 42
First Downs: 82------- 44
Total Yds: 1451------ 710
Avg per play: 6.6------- 4.0
Rush yds: 467------- 195
Avg: 4.2------- 3.5
Pass yds: 984-------- 515
Turnovers: 3 -------- 7

OK, what do I make from this.....
The 49ers...on paper look much better. No biases, no homering, just the numbers. In 3 super bowl wins the 49ers had 25 more 1st downs, almost 500 more yards, averaged 1.3 yds more per play and allowed their opponents less yards. Now I am aware the the Cowboys were playing with a shorter field because of turnovers..but that works both ways.
Yes perhaps their defense was better, but also the teams they were playing were perhaps less focused.

Now this is just set 1 of numbers Im plugging for this argument. Next Ill look at some stats from the regular season and more on their opponents.

I gotta go...Im late for trivia!!

Rob

It's comments like that. I realize that most people won't give any Cowboy credit because they hate them so much, but you can't truly believe this crap. Being a great running back isn't about what's around you, it's about what's inside you. You can teach what RB's like Emmitt possess. How in the hell can you credit the O-line with Emmitt breaking countless tackles and making defenders miss with ease. There's just no way you can really think that shit. And I just laugh when people say Emmitt was great because he had a great offensive line. What the fuck do you think a great team is made of? Great mothafuckin' players. And that's exactly what they were, the greatest team of all-time.

And I'm sure it is hard for the QB's who've come after Montana to match his success without the people who surrounded him. Jerry did a lot for Montana as did the 'Boys O-line for Emmitt. And after Young who was there, really? Dorsey, Alex Smith and who knows.

Prime`s judgement will always be clouded because Deion ripped his heart out and he will NEVER get over it

Barry sanders was a phenomenal , fantastic , incredible running back. But many insiders in football have gone on record as saying the MAIN reason why Barry retired when he did is BECAUSE THE WHAT IF QUESTION WILL ALWAYS BE THERE. At some point most record will be broken...but people will always say ''what if'' when it comes to Barry. Just like they do with Jim Brown

Jay Novacheck vs. Brent jones

as usual Mr. prime you are misinformed

Jay Novacheck was used as an h-back the first years of his career. in his 6 years with the boys he but up the majority {over 75%} of his career numbers

Brent jones was a tightend his entire career

Jones went to 4 pro -bowls and was a 2-time all-pro in 12 yrs at tight end

In Jay Novacheck`s 6yrs as a tight-end he went to 5 pro bowls and 5 all-pro teams. In 1/2 the time he went to more pro-bowls and made more all-pro teams....

Flock, c'mon my friend. You are making it seem like Brent Jones was a nobody. Brent Jones was a legit threat. He opened up the 49er running game. He helped keep defenses honest against Jerry Rice and John Taylor. You are saying all this about Novacek, but Jones was just as good or even better than Novacek. Look at the career stats I posted. You think Jones was nobody? C'mon dude, talk about clouded judgement.

Yes, Deion leaving hurt. Then again, he was only a 49er for ONE year. We are talking about the "dynasty" period. As for Barry Sanders, YOU KNOW and I KNOW Barry Sanders was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Emmitt Smith. Let's see if you can be honest. We are going to play the "what if" game. Do you think Emmitt would have the same numbers if he played in Detroit? Be honest. Do you think so?

Look at the numbers that RobAce put up. Looks like the 49ers were more dominant in their SuperBowl wins than the Cowboys and he is only looking at THREE out of the FOUR. Remember, the 49er dynasty lasted for a decade. The Cowboys only last a half decade.....

We have compared offenses. Do you agree or disagree on the following comparisons?

Montana is better than Aikman
Rice is better than Irvin
Emmitt is better than Craig
(I'm sorry but....) Novacek is EVEN with Jones
Taylor is better than Harper

You say my judgement is clouded, let's see if you can be objective....

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back