• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rebecca Black defended by Lady GaGa and Simon Cowell

Merkle'sBoner

TMF Poster
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...ecca-black-is-a-genius-says-lady-gaga_1209516

REBECCA BLACK has been called "a genius" by the pop superstar Lady Gaga.

REBECCA BLACK, the 13-year-old singer whose YouTube song 'Friday' has been widely mocked and tagged 'The Worst Song in the World', has been called 'a genius' by Lady Gaga, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Black has come in for heavy criticism for her auto-tuned viral hit, but Gaga stuck up for the 13-year-old at a recent Google event, saying, ""I think it's fantastic. I say Rebecca Black is a genius and anyone that's telling her she's cheesy is full of sh*t". Gaga continued her praise of the singer, but admitted that she hasn't yet seen the Black's video, which has racked up some 35 million hits. Recently, the singer claimed that she is being "cyber-bullied" over her song, which she recorded after her mother paid $2000 to the Los Angeles based Ark Studios. According to certain estimates, the 13-year-old is now making around $27,000 a week from iTunes sales and YouTube streams.

REBECCA BLACK has also been defended by the musical mogul Simon Cowell, who reportedly claimed that the 13-year-old had "done nothing wrong".

First, Lady GaGa admits she hasn't seen the video. I wonder if she's even heard the song?? lol And second, you can't tell me if Rebecca Black had been on American Idol when Simon was there and sang that song, that Simon wouldn't have ripped her to shreds!

This is the first I've heard of this song or this girl and it's pretty terrible. Not that I hold any accounting to Lady Gaga's opinions of what makes good music. And Cowell's right. She hasn't done anything wrong. She has tried to immitate Justin Bieber's path to fame, which is more horrific than 10,000 rabid Katy Perrys shrieking their infernal shrieks long into the night.

That was more poetic than I wanted....

SS

While I am not a huge fan of the song, I actually find it semi-obnoxious, it IS the type of music that would sell well to the younger teen or "tween" demographic, like 9-14 year olds. Rebecca Black seems like she is having fun with her music, which is what music is all about...having fun and expressing yourself in any way you can. I won't bring her down, she certainly sings better than I could ever dream :p but if she is following her dream, all power to her and she can just overlook all the haters and drama.

While I am not a huge fan of the song, I actually find it semi-obnoxious, it IS the type of music that would sell well to the younger teen or "tween" demographic, like 9-14 year olds. Rebecca Black seems like she is having fun with her music, which is what music is all about...having fun and expressing yourself in any way you can. I won't bring her down, she certainly sings better than I could ever dream :p but if she is following her dream, all power to her and she can just overlook all the haters and drama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFIzWjT5I4&feature=related
Good Morning America: Worst Song Ever? Rebecca Black Responds: 'I Don't Think I'm the Worst Singer'

i think she is handling the haters pretty well..for being so young!

i think she is handling the haters pretty well..for being so young!

I agree, the way she handles it makes me even more furious. She doesn't seem to break down in tears or say people need to stop or anything that a normal immature "celebrity" would do!!

She IS a genius though. She's probably making more money a month than most of us are making a year. I'm sure that wasn't her endgame... but who knows?

Lada GaGa is a moron though. She hasn't seen the video and she's making opinions. Another reason I don't listen to anyone who has any television time associated with them. It's like these politicians who say they hate/love a bill and then admit they haven't read the bill.

It's not good, but it's certainly not the worst song ever nor is she the worst singer ever. I mean, have they forgotten William Hung?

Anyway, she's a 13-year-old girl just having fun, hoping to maybe be discovered like Justin Bieber was. What teenager today hasn't thought that or uploaded a video on Youtube for fun?

The fact that she's making $27,000 a week from iTunes sales and YouTube streams means she's a winner, no matter what people say.

Of course Lady Gaga thinks Rebecca Black is a genius. Lady Gaga is a fame-whore who has to irradiate her face and put on a dress made of living bowling pins just to make herself interesting enough so that people want to buy her shitty music.

Rebecca Black's done all that without changing a goddamn thing about herself. Lady Gaga is probably worshipping Rebecca Black as her god at this very moment.

Truly atrocious. It sounds like a female computer singing. I wish I could unlisten to it.

She will be defended because she is so young.

If Lady Gaga put out a song that bad, she'd get crushed.

Bottom line is that the song is crap and the people buying it are dumb.

She will be defended because she is so young.

If Lady Gaga put out a song that bad, she'd get crushed.

Bottom line is that the song is crap and the people buying it are dumb.

Correction: When Lada Gag puts out a song that bad, she gets crushed

It's not good, but it's certainly not the worst song ever nor is she the worst singer ever. I mean, have they forgotten William Hung?

Anyway, she's a 13-year-old girl just having fun, hoping to maybe be discovered like Justin Bieber was. What teenager today hasn't thought that or uploaded a video on Youtube for fun?

The fact that she's making $27,000 a week from iTunes sales and YouTube streams means she's a winner, no matter what people say.

winning!

Arc Music Factory Wrote and Produced the song, and did the video for $2000.

They are an outfit that will provide an entire package for a singer, who is usually a young girl or guy getting a nice gift from their parents. It's a small shop that has made a good bit of coin in SoCal doing this for a while.

The good Miss Black has handled her surprise 5 minutes pretty well. She's donated all profits derived from the song to the Japanese relief effort, and has taken her lightning bolt of luck, and her seemingly good attitude and outlook to get noticed by Disney and Nick and several other teen production companies that feel she has potential. She may well get a acting gig out of this.

She's not a horrid singer, and can carry a tune better then most of us could. But neither is she a polished pro. She's a young girl who had some fun making a song and video, did okay, and got lucky thanks to the viral web.

Gaga and Cowell both have supported her not needfully because of her talent, but because of in Gaga's case, how Black has handled her chance to be seen, and in Cowells, an understanding that only a label owner of his experience would have "Here is a way to make money, and the girl is honestly appealing to her age group". People respect things other then the talent.

I feel Black has comported herself very well, and has a stunningly good attitude. She seems to be having fun with it.

Myriads

Truly atrocious. It sounds like a female computer singing.

that's 95% of all mainstream music today sadly with a device called autotune that tries to hide the fact someone can not hold a note or sing a line.

and you know now that this so called "tune" was praised by lady "caca"..all the droans will jump on the train and all of a sudden like it because she does.

let's face it...today, non-talent is rewarded with fame and fortune, and talent goes either unnoticed, noticed by those not brainwashed but not rewarded or just laughed at. what a wonderful world...

Give me 2000 dollars and I can make something better than that.

Without autotune.

As far as the famous whore liking the video she hasn't seen.... exactly.

I could eat a box of alpha bits cereal and crap a better song than this .

Really? I feel that people throw around the " this is the worst ( insert movie/song/whatever) ever!" much too easily these days. While this song seems autotuned it certainly is not the worst..

I don't hear it on any of the radio stations I listen to. I guess that counts for something.

I think the real geniuses here are the dudes who made the Ark Music Factory. They basically make music videos for spoiled rich children, they're making bank.

"the 13-year-old is now making around $27,000 a week".................****.

Last edited:
What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back