• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rebecca Black defended by Lady GaGa and Simon Cowell

Another Ark Music Factory child.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RsiRwvGQn_M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RsiRwvGQn_M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I really enjoy the educational aspects of the song. Who knew that Thursday was before Friday or that Saturday and Sunday came right afterwards? Hardcore learning driven by an inspired Roomba's voice!

That being said... I did a recording of Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll in a mall once and she definitely has me beat talentwise :D

The real genius lies with the computer programmers who ensure that every sound every note and every word is created to generate as many bucks as possible.

Lady YaYa or whaterthefuckhermadeupnameis defending this is like Osama bin Laden defending Timothy McVeigh. Nobody with a brain gives a shit about what you think of something nobody with a brain thinks is remotely justifiable as "good".

Lady YaYa or whaterthefuckhermadeupnameis defending this is like Osama bin Laden defending Timothy McVeigh. Nobody with a brain gives a shit about what you think of something nobody with a brain thinks is remotely justifiable as "good".

I'll argue the point. You don't think it's good. But then again it wasn't made for you.

'Good' covers a lot of things, and is much more then musical quality, or lyric writing. It also includes the fun and value that come from seeing a performance.

Do I think Ms. Black is a stunning talent? No. But she is having fun and enjoying herself, and did so in a jumped up youtube video, that rather then singing her favorite performers song to her web cam and posting it, had folks who popped for a nice gift, and posted that.

She had fun. Her friends in the video had fun. And that is a good thing to me, and lends the entire project value.

A decade ago only a few people would have heard Ms Black sing, at a party or such in her own home. The web, and its tools have changed that. She was heard by millions. That is a new thing. ANYONE can be heard and seen now if they are lucky.

The girl handled her surprise fame very well, and presented a pretty level headed image for her years. That is good.

It amazes me that people feel a need to simply be negative about something that at its core was simply a young girl having fun.

Is it a bad song? Yup. But it got noticed, for the expressed purpose of making fun of it. Held up for ridicule. And that is sad. In context, for what it is, it's a fine effort.

Myriads

I'll argue the point. You don't think it's good. But then again it wasn't made for you.

'Good' covers a lot of things, and is much more then musical quality, or lyric writing. It also includes the fun and value that come from seeing a performance.

Do I think Ms. Black is a stunning talent? No. But she is having fun and enjoying herself, and did so in a jumped up youtube video, that rather then singing her favorite performers song to her web cam and posting it, had folks who popped for a nice gift, and posted that.

She had fun. Her friends in the video had fun. And that is a good thing to me, and lends the entire project value.

A decade ago only a few people would have heard Ms Black sing, at a party or such in her own home. The web, and its tools have changed that. She was heard by millions. That is a new thing. ANYONE can be heard and seen now if they are lucky.

The girl handled her surprise fame very well, and presented a pretty level headed image for her years. That is good.

It amazes me that people feel a need to simply be negative about something that at its core was simply a young girl having fun.

Is it a bad song? Yup. But it got noticed, for the expressed purpose of making fun of it. Held up for ridicule. And that is sad. In context, for what it is, it's a fine effort.

Myriads

But while some no talent girl has fun, bands with musicsians that actually write music, play music, live music get overlooked because some chicks mommy and daddy paid 2000 bucks for a program to do her work.

She acted respectfully? If I became famous because of a program, even I would act respectful.

Bottom line, GOOD musicians are being overlooked because mommy and daddy had too much money.

But while some no talent girl has fun, bands with musicsians that actually write music, play music, live music get overlooked because some chicks mommy and daddy paid 2000 bucks for a program to do her work.

Bottom line, GOOD musicians are being overlooked because mommy and daddy had too much money.

Good Musicians are overlooked because they are overlooked. Not because someone else has made a 2000 dollar video and a ha-ha look it's funny website drove traffic to it.

There is no shortage of amazing talent out there. And if you wander about youtube looking you'll see a ton of it. But that's the thing; you need to look for it.

In the long ago days of the 1980's and 90's The music you got to hear was controlled by gatekeepers. The record companies and radio. Very few people got 'heard' then, and lots more very talented people went undiscovered. A few got the golden ticket, and the rest got jobs selling cars, in offices and so forth.

Well the web has killed the gate keepers. Anyone can be heard and seen so long as they can get YOUR attention. No one is stopping you from hearing them, no one is saying they won't take a shot with them. They are out there to be found.

And people who end up watching Blacks video, or any other performer you find less then quality are not the folks that are going to do the work to find good talent. They will sit and listen to whatever they get pointed at, and so forth.

So if you think someone deserves it, go out and spread the word. Point some sheep at quality.

That's the beauty. Anyone can get the golden ticket now.

The argument that crap blocks quality was once true in the old market. Now it's not.

Myriads

Touche.

I guess the real problem is that there will always be more sheep that follow trends and "news of the day" than those who follow actual talent. And so again I say: this world is so fucked up.

Meh.... Bubblegum Music for the 20teens. We've always had shit like this. Its harmless.

...but this Lady Gaga media whore... she can just go away.

And that was pretty much my point. I think the Black tune is crap and, as noted, paid for by mommy and daddy and created solely by technology, not talent. But, I'll admit...it's not my bag anyway. If she's having fun, cool. She'll be gone in 15 minutes. No big. She IS a kid having fun, and I admit that I may have overlooked that in my assessment.

It's the Lady GooGoo endorsement that irked me. Like we're supposed to legitimize things based on what she thinks? And let's not forget that Lady MooMoo didn't just endorse it as eloquently as I'll admit Myr did...but called her a "genius".

Seriously? THAT'S what it takes to qualify for musical genius these days? Entertaining, maybe...if it's your bag. But let's get real...Peter Gabriel is a musical genius, Lennon and McCartney were musical geniuses, Paul Simon is a musical genius...

...not this. Now, I'll openly cop to occasionally overaccentuating my views when I feel strongly about something...but to call this genius (and Simon Cowell of all people should realize he loses all credibility by dubbing it so) is to slap the faces of those like the aforementioned artists who gave their blood, sweat, tears and lives to pursue their art over the course of decades.

This is the "worst song"? Aint' no way. It's early Madonna-gone-Disney-Channel. C.A.B & Myr seem to be on-target.

Tedious, certainly not the best, but everyone's acting like they've never heard anything from the 1970s, or a lot of mid 80s-early 90s rap. And they have. Oh, yes, they have. Pop fluff, nothing worse.

And that was pretty much my point. I think the Black tune is crap and, as noted, paid for by mommy and daddy and created solely by technology, not talent. But, I'll admit...it's not my bag anyway. If she's having fun, cool. She'll be gone in 15 minutes. No big. She IS a kid having fun, and I admit that I may have overlooked that in my assessment.

It's the Lady GooGoo endorsement that irked me. Like we're supposed to legitimize things based on what she thinks? And let's not forget that Lady MooMoo didn't just endorse it as eloquently as I'll admit Myr did...but called her a "genius".

Seriously? THAT'S what it takes to qualify for musical genius these days? Entertaining, maybe...if it's your bag. But let's get real...Peter Gabriel is a musical genius, Lennon and McCartney were musical geniuses, Paul Simon is a musical genius...

...not this. Now, I'll openly cop to occasionally overaccentuating my views when I feel strongly about something...but to call this genius (and Simon Cowell of all people should realize he loses all credibility by dubbing it so) is to slap the faces of those like the aforementioned artists who gave their blood, sweat, tears and lives to pursue their art over the course of decades.

Simon Cowell never called her a genius because she has talent. He called her a genius because of the over the top reactions this video has sparked. If she had auditioned for American Idol, you can bet that he would have shredded her into pieces with his critique.

Instead he said, quoted from EW.com.

“Love it!” says Cowell, who, it should be noted, made a career out of releasing novelty singles by the likes of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in the ’90s. “I’ve never seen anything cause so much controversy. I think it’s genius. The fact that everyone’s getting upset about it is hysterical. Any song to do with the weekend annoys you. It reminds me of ‘Saturday Night,’ do you remember that [1994] song by Whigfield? It’s what we call a ‘hair-dryer song,’ a song girls sing into their hair dryers as they’re getting ready to go out. But the fact that it’s making people so angry is brilliant.”

There are thousands and thousands of people (not just teens) who post themselves singing on Youtube, some good, others horrible. It's amazing how this one girl out of MILLIONS of Youtube clips got picked just to be blasted because she has no talent and it was a horrible song.

Rebecca Black was only having fun with a gift that she got from her parents. Maybe she thought that this could've resulted in her getting noticed like Justin Bieber, but I doubt she would have ever thought that this would result in so many people getting so angry.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back