• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Reducing Smiley Limit Per Post.

On behalf of Dr. Peter P. Prackenpecker of the Center For Smiley Research I think we need as many smileys as possible at least in the Silly Stuff Forum. Thank you. :p :bounce:

I think smiling is a healthy thing, and since we have some things we can add in a post to promote a happy feeling, yay! :justlips:

I have to limit my posts? Oh, wait, my bad, never mind. :D (I hope that's not too many...)

Bit late, but may as well post my thoughts.

I don't see why anyone would end up posting 60 images in one post. Even 20. I'm a member of several forums over the Interwebs, and on most the limit is... fairly low, to be honest. Well, not sure about one, but people never post a stupid amount of smileys there. Even if there was a small limit, the nature of the forum kind of means the members can get around this :p About 10% of the users make their own anyway.

To be honest, I'd say that if your post does not fit on one page properly because of images anywhere, it's too big. I'm all for expressing oneself. However, when I'm using a 1024x1280 screen resolution and fullscreen Firefox, then I should not have to scroll through several postsworth of smileys and images a post... and this extends to signatures as well. I've always gone along the route of "a signature is to sign yourself off. It does not need to be huge. A banner is fine. But if you have a huge as hell pic of yourself in it, then you're pushing it... the signature shouldn't be bigger than a normal post." It's why I have exactly one line (quote from the Animatrix) in mine, and have all signatures turned off in my options.

It's also possible to turn off other images, so... yeah. You can turn them off if needed. Sadly, I can't see how to change it so only smileys are blocked and external images/attachments are not, so I don't bother with this one.

EDIT: Just for comparison on the sig thing, here's an image.

The first bit of the image is the size of the scrollbar buttony thing with no signatures turned on.
The second bit is the size of the scrollbar buttony thing with signatures turned on.

Note the fairly substantial difference...

(Just like to say - I don't have a problem with your signatures, I don't see them anymore :) Just saying is all.)

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back