• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Returning to a Series?

r4j20c67

TMF Regular
I began writing a series which was by no means the best on here but I was happy with it, my computer decided it had worked long enough and promptly retired so I was unable to finish the series as planned. For various reasons it took me a bit longer than planned to get a new computer, I have one now but over the last few weeks I've tried countless times to pick up were I left off but nothing I write seems to have the right feel, if that makes any sense. I was wondering if any of you had faced similar problems in any stories you've written or any thoughts on how to return to a story you had to lay aside for whatever reason. Thanks in Advance,

I’ve had problems like this on other platforms like DeviantArt, and the best advice I can give is to write a rough draft and nitpick it until it satisfies you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I constantly abandon and return to different storylines with my characters. More than a couple of times, I have found myself opening with "Hey, guys, this is supposed to take place directly after yada yada..." It's a common issue with a lot of authors, I think.

Thanks everyone, I guess I was just a little frustrated with the whole thing. I'll keep working at it, I'm sure I'll get it to where I feel it should be.

All the Jenny stories are exactly the same

Actually I think the JENNI series is GREAT, they were one of the reasons I decided to write my own series. Who knows maybe one day my stories might come close to being as well written as that series.

Actually I think the JENNI series is GREAT, they were one of the reasons I decided to write my own series. Who knows maybe one day my stories might come close to being as well written as that series.

Thank you. I will certainly admit that the Jenni stories follow a formula. But we are writing tickle fiction, there will be similarities in stories, especially when you write literally dozens around one particular ler. If I suddenly had her acting wildly different, I feel that it would throw people off, honestly. I love my fans though, and as long as people keep reading em, I will keep writing em. As per your initial post, just go ahead and write, man. Just do it. You never know what people will respond to and only assholes will negatively judge you for your fantasies on here. We are all fetishists, after all. Just write whatever you want to write how you want to write it... within the rules of the site of course.

They are the same story over and over. Want a wild series?
Off To The Races 24 parter.

Well, if a series isn't working out, I just put it on the backburner, usually indefinitely. I've had tons of plans for sequels a triquels, or multipart stories and I just end up not doing them for one reason or another. I try not to worry about it, if I can help it.

I find that light and or heavy outlines tend to help if I'm processing a story in a specific route. It might help to do a side story within the series, with other characters or another section of the world, or you could write the sections out of order. I'm having a hell of a time sticking to writing in a linear fashion, I keep getting stuck on parts that I'm not as interested in but need to happen, whereas I want to write about some events far further down the road. I got way ahead of myself in that series though.

Alternatively alternatively, write a story outside of the series. I just wouldn't recommend trying to force a story if you can help it. When I'm more awake, Ill try to think of a better response, but my work ethic is shoddy at best and I tend to just let things go if I can't immediately get into it haha.

Thanks ElFewja, I appreciate the advice! I think I was trying to force the story like you said instead of letting the story come to me, I've just always had a hard time accepting when I haven't been able to finish something I've started. The beginning of a different story came to me last night so I think I'll run with that for now and put the other one on the backburner for now.

Thanks again for your advice Elfewja and to all the others who shared their experiences and thoughts, I really do appreciate it.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back