• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ribtickler

lovesribs

TMF Expert
hello,

i am very new to the forum. i enjoy watching the video clips and images that you all put up. when i click on a video i dont get in most of the time. i can never ever get anything on .zip--i dont know how to get that one working. i dont know very much at all about computers such as downloading etc. when i click on to a video clip or an image i get responses such as"windows and media player cannot play the file. the file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play." then i simply click close and move onto the next clip. also,i will also get "some files can harm your computer. if the file information below looks suspiscious or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save this file. it will show "open,save cancel or more info." if i click open nothing happens. as i mentioned i know very little about computers. i did not know there were so many different files!!! i dont get onto videos(most of the time) when .zip,.wmv,.rar or.mov appear. i only get to see a very small portion of them. why some but not others? on a positive note, the videos i do see are great!!! thank you all!! as an example , one video clip that did not come up was kristenpreveiw.mov. i hope it is okay to mention this example. if not, please let know and i will not do it again. any feedback or help would be helpful. i would like to know how access clips with ".zip", there are a lot of those i would love to see!!! thank you all very much.

sincerely,

ribtickler

First off, the errors you keep getting may be do to your trying to play them without first saving them to your computer. In order to do this, right-click with your mouse on the link and select "Save Target As" or "Save File As" or something similar and save it to your computer. Try playing it after it has saved and you may find yourself able to view it.

.zip files are not video clips. They are compressed folders tha tcan contain anything. In order to open them you have two options. If you have Windows XP, you can right-click on them and select "Extract All." This opens Microsoft's little unzipping tool that will guide you through extracting the files inside.

The second option is for you to grab a specific program that deals with uncompressing zipped folders. A free example is Winzip, available from download.com here: http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10454671.html?tag=lst-0-1.
In order to use it, download the installation file and then double-clikc on it to start installation.

Did that confuse? Let me know and I can try to clarify. Here is a site that explains zip files in some depth, http://www.eurekais.com/brock/aazip.htm, and provides a step-by-step guide to using one particular program: http://www.eurekais.com/brock/aazip.htm#howto

HDS

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back