• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

RIP Donna Summer

CellarDweller

3rd Level Orange Feather
Donna Summer dead: Her voice soared through disco and beyond

Donna Summer died Thursday after a battle with cancer. The 63-year-old Summer was known for her soaring voice and sensual purrs that made her a queen of disco when the genre was in its heyday in the 1970s. And it was a title she held well beyond those years.

A statement from her family called Summer "a woman of many gifts, the greatest being her faith."

"While we grieve her passing, we are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy," according to the statement released by Universal Music, her record label. "Words truly can't express how much we appreciate your prayers and love for our family at this sensitive time."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/05/donna-summer-disco-hitmaker-dies-at-63.html

Although she had her "start" as a Disco artist (later becomming the Queen of Disco), she had a ton of hit singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Love To Love You Baby - #2
I Fee Love - #6
I Love You - #37
Last Dance - #3
MacArthur Park - #1
Bad Girs - #1
Dim All The Lights - #2
Heaven Knows - #4
Hot Stuff - #1
No More Tears - #1
On The Radio - #5
The Wanderer - #3
She Works Hard For the Money - #3
There Goes My Baby - #21

It was at this point (1984) that an article appeared that claimed Donna Summer (then recently "born again") made the statement that AIDS was God's punishment for gay people. Donna denied this for years, but she was boycotted by radio and clubs/DJs and she hit a slump. She later sued to clear her name, and won, as the person making the claim could provide no proof that the statement was ever made.

She was able to rebound on the charts in 1990 for one more hit.

This Time I Know It's For Real - #1

While she stopped having "Hot 100" hits, clubs began playing her music again, and she scored many more dance/club hits.

While this song was not one of her big hits, it was huge in the clubs and on the dance charts. I always loved it.

Thanks for all the music, Donna.

Donna Summer - I Will Go With You (Con Te Partiro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl0osdF5h9A

Last edited:
Even though her music was before my time, it's always sad to hear the loss of a musical artist - especially one of such great caliber. =<

She was quite a singer, and an inspiration to many. I love her music, even thirty years after she originally blasted through with her talents. Her music was among the earliest I remember listening to in the car-ride to school every day. I'm certain she's continuing her great work somewhere up there. Rest in Peace.

Thanks, dwellar, for making this thread.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back