• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

roller coasters!

tklgal226

TMF Expert
ok, here's my question:

What's the best roller coaster (or...ok, best ride in general) that you've ever been on? Now, i've done a LOT of em, and I just got back from six flags NJ, and oh...my...gawd, lol, im now OBSESSED with the "superman ultimate flight" coaster! You lay down under the track!! It really feels like you're flying if you sit in the front! So let's compare notes, shall we? for any and all other roller coaster buffs out there, which one's the best? :D

~clair :couch:

I rode a similar ride like that...X Flight at Six Flags in Ohio. That flying sensation is pretty cool.

But, I'd have to go with The Raptor at Cedar Point...and the front car is the only way to go:)

The Sean Man

Claire -

you can't call yourself a roller-coaster aficianado untill you've been on Coney Island's Cyclone. Its the classic wooden coaster. sit in the last car for an extra special g-force jolt.

Gotta agree with Sean

Did my first CP visit in summer of 2003 with 2 work friends,, went on the Raptor,; now I'm not one for rollercosters, but my friends are so I said to hell with it..

Let's jsut say I should ahve taken motion sickness meds:wow: But it was awesome... the total and complete euphoria annd endorphine rush,, funny I often compare the feeling I get when tickle tortured to the feeling of being on a rollar coaster.

But the FRONT CAR SEAN?????:wow: :wow: Ya must be mad.. lool we were in the 3rd car.. twas as close as I could get!

Ghostie

You Haven't Done Coasters

Until you've done Cedar Point. That park has more coasters than any other two parks in the world combined.

The best coaster there is a Millenium Force, you gotta admire a coaster that you can see 15 miles away :)

Raptor is great. In fact all the CP coasters are classics and the best of their types in the world.

My only complaint about the MF is it's original name was the Banshee but some people pissed and moaned so they changed it.

6 Flags Ohio has some decent coasters. The Raging Wolf Bobs is about a neckbreaker.

Tron

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gotta agree with Sean

Ghost2004 said:
But the FRONT CAR SEAN?????:wow: :wow: Ya must be mad.. lool we were in the 3rd car.. twas as close as I could get!

Ghostie

Awwww, you HAVE to go in the front car, Ghostie. Going down that first hill, legs dangling, is the wildest rush...and this is coming from a guy who is afraid of heights...not that's ever stopped me from going on rides:)

And Millennium Force? Man, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be looking DOWN at the Magnum lolololol.

The Sean Man

The Beast at PKI in Cincinnati is one of my favorites. Plunging 135 ft downwards into the ground for the first drop - where I normally leave my stomach! is awesome. The first car late at night, or the last car during the day...doesn't matter.

Second favorite roller coaster (sorry, I've more experience with KI and don't usually waste my time visiting other amusement parks or even bother waiting in line for their versions of roller coasters): Outer Limits. It's an indoor roller coaster that shoots you out at 60+ mph at the start. Just gets better from there since it's all in this dimly lit warehouse setting.

Disappointments at KI: Son of Beast. Certainly couldn't top the original (I don't care if it does have bigger drops and stuff, can't touch it's predecessor). And Tomb Raider...it's ok, but it was hardly worth the wait. Still, many good rides there to be had by all (even backwards facing if you like that sort of thing on The Racer).

so sean, you say you're afraid of heights...

what's the highest one you've ever been on?

as for me, who's DEATHLY afraid of heights, ive done Six flag NE's "Superman Ride of Steel" which is 217 feet high, but i couldn't bring meyself to do NJ's "Nitro", which is 230 feet high. *sigh* stupid fear...if only I could get past the climb...

~clair :D

i think by far the best ride's i have ever gone on were Collases, Scream, Viper, and Riddeler's Revenge. all of those are at six flags magic mountain in Ca. :firedevil :jester:

the_Baron said:
Claire -

you can't call yourself a roller-coaster aficianado untill you've been on Coney Island's Cyclone. Its the classic wooden coaster. sit in the last car for an extra special g-force jolt.

Ah the Cyclone, Baron I haven't been on that in ages but have done it. Its great.

Another one I loved was this rollercoaster in MGM that was in the dark to Aerosmith music, if Giantfan sees this maybe he will remember the name, but it is so cool going on and upside down rollercoaster in the dark.

I love rollercoasters!

Rockin' Rollercoaster!!!

I think as far as overall rides go with atmospheres, that one tops my list! Overall, it's only passed by my beloved "superman ultimate flight" ;)

tklgal226 said:
so sean, you say you're afraid of heights...

what's the highest one you've ever been on?

as for me, who's DEATHLY afraid of heights, ive done Six flag NE's "Superman Ride of Steel" which is 217 feet high, but i couldn't bring meyself to do NJ's "Nitro", which is 230 feet high. *sigh* stupid fear...if only I could get past the climb...

Though I'm incredibly scared of heights, it never stops me from going up in high places. I've made trips up the Sears Tower, The CN Tower in Toronto, The Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado, even the hot air balloon on the New york side of Niagara Falls. Sure, I'm scared, but it's a rush fighting it. I never say no to any kind of ride, be it coaster or Power Tower-type of ride.

Anyway, highest coaster? Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

Now, the ride that completely wussed me? X-Flight at Six FLags in Ohio. The kind where you hang face down, making you feel like you're flying. Though those are some mighty harnesses holding you in, I couldn't break the feeling that mine was going to snap open:rolleyes: I was physically shaking after the ride. And then came the best part...my ex-girlfriend, who's terrified of coasters and thrill rides, declared it the most fun ride she'd ever been on. Yup, you guessed it...she wanted to ride it again, and mustering all the manliness I could, I went with her. Ahhh, the joy of being a thrill ride junkie:D

The Sean Man

The Mine Buster at Canada's Wonderland :wow: It's one of the wildest wooden coaster's I've ever been on! :D

The Sean Man said:
Though I'm incredibly scared of heights, it never stops me from going up in high places. I've made trips up the Sears Tower, The CN Tower in Toronto, The Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado, even the hot air balloon on the New york side of Niagara Falls. Sure, I'm scared, but it's a rush fighting it. I never say no to any kind of ride, be it coaster or Power Tower-type of ride.

Anyway, highest coaster? Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

Now, the ride that completely wussed me? X-Flight at Six FLags in Ohio. The kind where you hang face down, making you feel like you're flying. Though those are some mighty harnesses holding you in, I couldn't break the feeling that mine was going to snap open:rolleyes: I was physically shaking after the ride. And then came the best part...my ex-girlfriend, who's terrified of coasters and thrill rides, declared it the most fun ride she'd ever been on. Yup, you guessed it...she wanted to ride it again, and mustering all the manliness I could, I went with her. Ahhh, the joy of being a thrill ride junkie:D

The Sean Man

How high is X-flight? (just out of curiosity... :p )

JPie1 said:
Ah the Cyclone, Baron I haven't been on that in ages but have done it. Its great.

Another one I loved was this rollercoaster in MGM that was in the dark to Aerosmith music, if Giantfan sees this maybe he will remember the name, but it is so cool going on and upside down rollercoaster in the dark.

I love rollercoasters!

I don't completely remember the name but I think it was called Aerosmith. That ride went from 0-60 in 2.2 seconds. Loved it!!

giantfan121262 said:
I don't completely remember the name but I think it was called Aerosmith. That ride went from 0-60 in 2.2 seconds. Loved it!!

Rockin' Rollercoaster! I loved it!! 31 more days till I go on it again... :D :D :D

~clair ;)

tklgal226 said:
How high is X-flight? (just out of curiosity... :p )

The coaster is fantastic, and hanging there flying-like is a really cool sensation....but it DID scare the crap out of me:)

The Sean Man

LOVE all rollercoasters! The Higher/Faster/Longer the better!

Nitro,Batman,Superman Ultimate Flight are amongst my favs but Superman Ultimate Flight is not really "Fast" but different nevertheless.

All rollercoasters should be ridden in the front row or car. I hear the back is just as good by some people but the front is the best in my opinion.

TTD:D :cool:

JPie1 said:

Hiya JPie!! I went to Universal Studios in Florida (hmmm... or was it MGM? :idunno: ) with my family last year and I think this is very similar to the one my brother and I went on two times in a row, by My request! Yes, it did play Aerosmith, which just added to the whole thing. Can't remember the name of the darn thing. It could have been the Rockin' Rollercoaster, but who knows! The 60 mph start-off is what got the adrenaline pumping. And you go inside a dark area that is only lighted by some "stars" and a few neon signs (If I remember the signs right, it was last year!). You can't tell when the turns are coming, and the dark adds to the fun when you go upside down. Although, my brother had his eyes closed for some of it so who knows if he could tell the difference!

Toodles! :wavingguy
Prinny

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back