• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Romantic "How We Met" Story

BlackestLily

3rd Level Green Feather
So I just got done crying like a ninny after reading this, so I figured I'd share it with all of you. :)

True Romance: Love At Long Last
By Thomas Peter Headen and Jacqueline Marie Headen from Reader's Digest February 2012

PETER: I was at a skating rink one night when I was 16, in 1958, and I saw this young lady. I waited for you to take a break and get a Coke before I made my move. I grabbed you by the hand and said, “My name’s Thomas Peter Headen.” And you said, “My name’s Jacqueline LeFever.” I looked in those big green eyes, and it was a done deal. So we dated. Then, in 1959, your father got transferred to Japan. I decided, Well, I’ll go get her. I joined the Marine Corps, and I said, “I want to go to Japan.” The Marine Corps said, “You’ll go to Japan when we tell you you can go to Japan.” So I went to a base in California.

JACQUE: I dated a Marine while I was in Japan, and I ended up getting married — I guess just because I thought that’s what I was supposed to do. We came back to the States in 1962, but I didn’t know what happened to you.

PETER: Well, I finally got orders to Okinawa. And I said, Oh, boy. I’ll go see Jacque when I get to Japan! I was home on leave — you always get leave before you go overseas — and stopped by to say hi to your mother. And she said right away, “Jacque got married. But here, you can have this picture of her.” I made some excuse that I had an appointment or something — the walls were kind of crawling in on me — and I left. I went overseas for 14 months, and then I came back to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, not knowing you were right outside the gate of that base. I got discharged, and I went home to Maryland. One night the phone rang — it was you.

JACQUE: I came to visit my mom. And I was calling your mother to see where you were, and you answered the phone — I was shocked, needless to say.

PETER: You said, “I want to show you something.” We went to your mother’s house, and here was this little baby. Your daughter was about three months old, and she had those same big green eyes. You went back to North Carolina, and I re-enlisted. That was 1964, and I said, “Send me overseas.” I didn’t want to be in North Carolina where you’re sitting outside the gate. So I left on August 12 for Vietnam. I came back to the States after 26 months and was stationed at Camp Pendleton, California. One day I was sitting in the barracks, and I decided, I’m going to write her a letter and tell her how I feel, because we were going back to Vietnam.

JACQUE: You wrote, “I just have to get this off my chest — I love you. I’ve always loved you. I have to say it and get it over with, and I’m done.” In the meantime I’d had another child — a little boy. So there I was in an apartment with two little babies and just miserable, actually. I got married for all the wrong reasons. But I came from a divorced family, and I didn’t want my kids to have a broken home.

PETER: When I came back from Vietnam, I spent 24 hours at home, and then I went to my mother at about 4 a.m. and said, “I’ve got to go to North Carolina.” And she kind of looked at me: “I think you better leave that one alone — she’s married. But I guess you got to do what you got to do.” I said, “Yeah, I got to do what I got to do.”

JACQUE: I sent you away.

PETER: That was September 25, 1968.

JACQUE: Thirty years after that, I left my husband. It wasn’t easy. My kids were grown, they had their college education, they had their families, but I was lonesome and miserable.

PETER: I was sitting there one night, and the phone rang — matter of fact, it was September 25, 1998.

JACQUE: That night, I had made up my mind: I am out of here. I’m so unhappy. And I sat there and I said, Nobody ever loved me but Peter. And that’s when I thought, I’m going to go find him. I asked the operator, “Do you have a T. P. Headen in Waldorf?” And she said, “No.” And I said, “Well, I’m really desperate to find this person. I know he’s in Charles County, Maryland, somewhere.” And she said, “I have a T. P. Headen in White Plains.” So I said, “Oh, my God, that’s it! That’s him!” I started crying, and I said, “I have been trying to find this person for 30 years. He’s the love of my life.” And she said, “You want me to dial the number for you?” I said, “Yeah, you can dial the number.” She said, “Can I stay on the line?” I said, “I don’t care what you do!”

PETER: And you said, “You know who this is?” I said, “Yeah, I know exactly who this is.” You said, “I bet you’re mad at me.” I said, “No. Matter of fact, I’m still in love with you.”

JACQUE: I felt like I was 15 all over again. We decided we would meet in Memphis, and I picked you up at the airport. You jumped in the car and gave me a big old kiss.

PETER: We got married in May, the 15th. I took you down to Key West and out on a three-masted schooner, and we married at sunset. There’s no address on our marriage certificate, just a longitude and a latitude. It’s worked out well. It’s just sad, the time we lost — you can’t get that back. We could have been together when we were 18, 19, you know? But I got you back. And you’re just as beautiful as you were when you were 15.

JACQUE: That’s because you make me feel beautiful.

RECORDED IN CHARLOTTE HALL, MARYLAND, ON JUNE 4, 2009.
The Headens now live in Peter’s family home. The picture Jacque’s mother gave Peter in 1962, which he carried to war, is on their nightstand.

Ahhh! That is SO sweet! I love stuff like this...it gives you hope there is real and true love in this world :) It almost reads like a romance novel :bubbleheart:

I'm not sure you would classify this as romantic, but...

It was a beautiful Sunday morning so I took my car to the carwash to have it cleaned and vacuumed. There was a small line of cars in front of me so I waited patiently for my turn. I ordered the fully wash and wax routine. My car came out all nice and shiny. As the attendants were toweling off my car I noticed a very cute girl get out of her car as hers went into the carwash. She was short, pretty, cute and sexy. As I was staring at her one of the attendants told me that my car was finished. I really didn't want to leave at that point because I thought I might never see her again. I drove my car around and back on line to the wash. My car was still dripping water. The attendant that took my money just minutes ago asked my if everything was ok. I just looked at him and told him it needed another go through so he sent it in. While our cars were being washed I approached her with some small talk. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. We hit it off very well so I asked her for her phone number and she gave it to me. As she was getting into her car she called me over. She said "You know, you really didn't have to get your car washed twice just to talk to me. I noticed you as soon as I got out of my car." I had no idea she knew I did that. We started dating soon after that and have been together ever since. We're now married over 28 years and by the way, she loves being tickled.

This IS a sweet story but I just can't past the number of times I facepalmed at all the lost time in between. What I walk away from after having read this is don't waste time. If you want something, go get it. Or die trying. Don't waste time drawing out charts and graphs and weighing the pros and cons and second guessing your fourth or fifth second guesses.

If you're not happy, fix it. If you're happy, share it and go get more of it.

You only live once. Carpe Diem, etc. My GOD if only these two had listened to their hearts instead of logic.

This IS a sweet story but I just can't past the number of times I facepalmed at all the lost time in between. What I walk away from after having read this is don't waste time. If you want something, go get it. Or die trying. Don't waste time drawing out charts and graphs and weighing the pros and cons and second guessing your fourth or fifth second guesses.

If you're not happy, fix it. If you're happy, share it and go get more of it.

You only live once. Carpe Diem, etc. My GOD if only these two had listened to their hearts instead of logic.

True that. Personally, I was blown away by just how long they kept the love for each other, particularly him. I don't know many people who could experience that level of a rejection over and over, while still having the love and patience to end up seeing it through. More incredible than I could probably describe.

True that. Personally, I was blown away by just how long they kept the love for each other, particularly him. I don't know many people who could experience that level of a rejection over and over, while still having the love and patience to end up seeing it through. More incredible than I could probably describe.

Yeah. That I can relate to. Brownie points for him for having so much patience. You wanna REALLY start bawling? :p

Listen to this and think of the story:

Yeah. That I can relate to. Brownie points for him for having so much patience. You wanna REALLY start bawling? :p

Man...this kinda stuff gets me...no idea why. Even when I had comic book classes in college and we had to write a story to draw to, I would write about stuff like this.

I see your video and raise you this:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptDBuNlbG0A?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptDBuNlbG0A?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It's really sweet and noble and oh.............. but at times like this, I wish Merlin saved the (2nd) best for last. :witchy:

Last edited:
NICE STORY!

I can relate to parts of this having been in the service.

Man...this kinda stuff gets me...no idea why. Even when I had comic book classes in college and we had to write a story to draw to, I would write about stuff like this.

I see your video and raise you this:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptDBuNlbG0A?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptDBuNlbG0A?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

COUNTRY MUSIC!!!1123456 :panic:

:p

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back