• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rooting Interest, being a '50/50 fan'...?

Who/how do you root for after your team loses or if you don't have a team?

• No one. Death to all teams but mine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No one. I simply wish for the best team to win and/or the best for the sport.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No one. I don't care once my team is out.

• I root against my rival team and/or the most overexposed squad.

• I root for my division/conference. Better 'our side' gains prestige than the 'other side'.

• I root for one of the teams left for the fun of it.

• I root for one of the teams left because I love the sport.

• I root for the underdog. I also love kittens, lawn gnomes & Kate Hudson movies.

• Screw sports. Have you seen the national deficit?!

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cy/MiG

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Another whopper of a WS matchup is upon us and I'm sure >90% of America couldn't have predicted this matchup, nor do they really care who wins.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I know a alot of 'fans' who HAVE to choose a side regardless of the sport or matchup.

You know, the type of people who don't follow the sport for the entire season, but then decide to 'choose a winner' when there are only two teams left or when there is a big matchup, such as:

"Steelers-Packers SB, Bruins-Canucks SC Finals, Mavs-Heat Finals, Cards-Rangers World Series, Man-U vs. Man City... who should I root for even though I have ZERO invested interest in either team outside the fact that these sports matchups are jammed down the collective throats of the nation and will provide water-cooler talk?"

Maybe they just love the sport, or the competition, gloating/the bragging, or being right, but whatever the case they HAVE to choose a side of a 50/50 proposition.

Now, some blokes have allegiances to particular clubs/franchises/squads/teams and when 'our team' loses we either root against our rivals or for 'our conference or division', or even nobody at all.

Who do you root for after the ride is over for your team? Or do you? How do you follow the sport once your team is out of the running?

Are you a 'may the best team win' type person, a 'screw everyone else' guy, a 'I want to choose a side even though this isn't my fight' type of fan, or some other type (maybe not even a type at all)?

And what are your feelings about the myriad of different fans which decide to actively engage in sports on levels above or below your passion(s)?

If the Dodgers are already eliminated from the NL pennant race, then I concentrate on rooting against the hated jints. If both teams are eliminated, then I root for some team with an ex-Dodger that I like on it (or managing it, as in the case of rooting for Mike Scioscia's Angels in the AL). :D

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back