• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Saying Goodbye

unclebill

2nd Level Green Feather
Damn, she was a good dog. I adopted her when she was six weeks old...a beautiful black and white cocker spaniel. She lived sixteen wonderful years. But last month, I felt a lump under her chin. I took her to the vet, and she told me it was cancer, and cutting on it would only make it more aggressive. Her advice was to enjoy our time left. I changed her diet around, feeding her soft food that would be easier to chew. It worked for a few weeks.

Over this past weekend, things took a dramatic turn for the worse. Walking became extremely difficult, and she lost her appetite. I also noticed her torso seemed to be shrinking. It was obvious the cancer had spread. Friends have been advising me that you can look into their eyes, and they will let you know when they`ve had enough. This morning, her eyes let me know.

I made the appointment to have her put down late this afternoon. I stayed with her till the end. They took her to another room to administer a shot to relax and eventually knock her out. The little stinker actually walked back into the lab and the nurse lifted her onto the exam table with a blanket under her. I was left alone with my dog for a few more minutes. It didn`t take long for her to fall asleep. I rubbed the back of her neck, and she really enjoyed the touch. I cried a little, and a few minutes later the vet entered the room to give her the shot to end her suffering. It was sad, but very peaceful. I gave my dog a final kiss on her head, grabbed a few kleenex off the desk to wipe my tears and didn`t look back.

They don`t call them mans best friend for nothing. Long may you run.:dog:

Bill, I'm so sorry my friend. You lost a member of your family today, but you did the right thing. Cherish the memories you have. I've been there, as so many of us have. Kudos to you for staying with her to the end. That is difficult to do, but I know she loves you for it.

Bill, I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved pet, my friend.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. May she rest in pet heaven. I hope that your memories of your time with her, will help comfort you in this time of loss.

Take care, bud.

Mitch

now Iam crying. I am so sorry for your loss Bill. If anything happen to my dog I would loose my mind

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. It's been two months since I lost my furry life partner and it's still so surreal.

My condolences to you and hope you feel better soon.

Sorry man. There's something about the unconditional love a pet gives you that makes these things so hard.

Cherish your memories. I know how hard it is to face the void, but you made the ultimate sacrifice - and the kindest final decision for your best friend. That's the kind of unselfish act that she deserved.

That always stinks. Very sorry Bill.

Remember the good times with your dog and it will bring a smile to your face.

Sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you Bill.

Sorry for your loss. We humans do learn so much about love by the times spent with our dogs. They are unconditional love machines.

I'm sorry to hear about this man. I can only imagine how much ass this sucks. :(

Sorry to hear that, Bill. That's never easy :(

I am sorry to hear about your loss, losing a pet is no different then losing a family member(pets are family) Know that, she is in doggy heaven now and finally at peace.

Bill I don't know you but your post affected me. As a guy I try to keep my emotions in check but the tears just started flowing with that. I had to go hug & kiss my beagle which turned into 20 minutes of playing bite my hand trying to get the tennis ball. I'm sorry for your loss. Hold on to the memories and remeber love never dies.

Sorry to hear this. I've always said that people should be fined and/or jailed if they turn in their pet because they can't afford it.

They should have never gotten one in the first place. If you wouldn't turn in your children, you shouldn't be allowed to turn in your pets to a shelter. Family is family.

We also need to remember that dogs and cats are skinned alive for their fur in China and other backwards Asian countries. If you've never seen that video where they're screaming and yelping, you need to watch it to know what we're up against.

I disown anybody that wears real fur, and I would seriously consider punching a friend in the face if they did such a thing.

Anyway, back to your dog. Rest in peace. It's backwards that the Holy Bible says that animals don't go to Heaven.

All the more reason to shun that book entirely. Wherever your dog is, hopefully it's a very happy place.

Sorry to hear that, Bill. But, I'm glad you had the strength to help end her suffering. It's never easy. Peaceful thoughts headed your way.

Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Losing a pet (they really are a member of the family) sucks. :sigh:

sorry to hear about your dog. Its never easy to let go but you did the right thing. Hope your ok!

I feel for you Bill, I lost my cat a few months ago and its not easy. My condolences. :(

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back