• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ska?

When I was young and incredibly impressionable, I was friends with a lot of ska fans. I enjoy it still, to some extent, but its not something I listen to frequently.

For those who do not know, ska is a type of music. I'd name some bands, but they'd either be too old for people to know, or they wouldn't be really considered "ska". I remember people were very touchy about what was ska and what was not.

I either love ska songs or loathe them so I don't really consider myself a fan as such, but I like it fine. Skankin' is fun :D

I like a couple songs from The Specials, mainly the ones I used to see on MTV: "Message to You, Rudy" and "Ghost Town".

Drew

Have a listen to Gangsters and Monkey Man, dems good Specials songs. Also anything by Madness.

I am! I like a lot of bands, reel big fish, bosstones, the specials, voodoo glow skulls, goldfinger, pilfers, I have such a big cd collection. I also love checkerboard.

'Scuse me while I get my skank on...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sUVQlfJMc0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sUVQlfJMc0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SKA AGAINST RACISM!

Snail Shell

Ha ha excellent, good to see a number of fellow fans already.

I know it's been mentioned, but since I started things, I figured I should give an explanation as well. For Mammers, and anyone else reading this thread and wondering, "what the hell are they talking about?" Ska is indeed a style of music. The ska I speak of personally is also known as "ska punk" and is all about blending sounds. For those unfamiliar with it, I suggest a little Reel Big Fish or Less than Jake to start yourself out. You'll be tapping your toe in no time.

Even the kitten loves it. :marchofthekitties:
(ok, I'll admit, I've been looking for an excuse to use the marching kitten)

OK, let's get specific.... favorite ska album?

Mine would be Borders and Boundaries by Less than Jake.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFkafZZOqEQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFkafZZOqEQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Love the marching kitten.

Mine would be the Slackers "Live at Ernestos". and the Pietasters "Strapped Live!". Now, I want to go to a ska show!

My favorite ska bands are Reel Big Fish and The Specials, but I also like Bad Manners, Prince Buster, The Skatalites, and Hepcat.

My favorite ska bands are Reel Big Fish and The Specials, but I also like Bad Manners, Prince Buster, The Skatalites, and Hepcat.

I forgot all about The Skatalites.......with the great Tommy McCook and Roland Alphonso on horns.

Drew

like someone else said or hinted at..i like ska, but stuff that was ska before the term came about. one of my faves was madness..tunes like "one step beyond", "house of fun"...most folks though will just concider them an 80s 1 hit wonder for their cross over/new wave tune "our house" in 83...which was nothing like their normal sound.

like someone else said or hinted at..i like ska, but stuff that was ska before the term came about. one of my faves was madness..tunes like "one step beyond", "house of fun"...most folks though will just concider them an 80s 1 hit wonder for their cross over/new wave tune "our house" in 83...which was nothing like their normal sound.

Kool and the Gang and Madness? My man :D

Dude...I haven't listened to Ska in foreverz. But yush, I likes it.

Reel Big Fish ftw.

Kool and the Gang and Madness? My man :D

Hell yea! I wonder whatever happened to Madness? Last album I knew of (and bought) was the self titled one from '83.

BTW - I posted something in the Kool & The Gang thread for ya last night if you didnt see it :D

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back