• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Some Atheist quotes.

Dude'sonfire

TMF Expert
lol I found some of these quite amusing. More can be found on: http://www.militantplatypus.com/blog/archives/3200

P.s. For Religious members of the Forum, I only post these for humour's sake and do not mean any disrespect (see the funny side! :happy: )

Stephen Roberts
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Blaise Pascal
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions.

Doug McLeod
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence.

Seneca the Younger
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Bertrand Russell
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence

Emo Philips
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn’t work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Heh that last one's my personal favourite.

lol. Love the steeple one too though.

Rock on.

Good stuff, Dude...I love the steeple one. In my circles, we have quite a few in a similar vein about atheist/agnostics...

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-George HW Bush

“If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion.”
-Edmond de Goncourt

“A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism.”
-Donald Morgan

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."
-Unknown

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
-Susan B. Anthony

"The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions."
-Frank Zappa

“It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so”
-Ernestine Rose

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
-Richard Dawkins

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
-Galileo Galilei

"When a religion is good, I conceive that it will support itself; and, when it cannot support itself, and God does not take care to support, so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one."
-Benjamin Franlin

"Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seems to me to be empty and devoid of meaning."
-Albert Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
-Einstein

LOL, I love Atheist logic. I wonder how they think the Earth and all life on it came to be. Let me guess.....the Big Bang theory (AKA the "We're all the result of a random explosion" theory) :laughing:

Betchass said:
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
-Galileo Galilei
Actually that isn't an aethiest quote, unless there is proof that Galileo was an aethiest, in which case I would gladly accept it as such. I think that the quote was just in protest of the manner of which The Church was going about oppressing the citizens by way of Deprivation of Knowledge, telling them what was right, even though many of them couldn't even read for themselves what the bible said. Telling them that earth is flat and at the center of the universe, and forbidding others to find something contrary to that concept.
Such insolent fools those churchmen were.

Excess said:
LOL, I love Atheist logic. I wonder how they think the Earth and all life on it came to be. Let me guess.....the Big Bang theory (AKA the "We're all the result of a random explosion" theory) :laughing:

typical man logic. if you can't explain it, blaim it on a cool, really big explosion. - Me

BigNorm said:
typical man logic. if you can't explain it, blaim it on a cool, really big explosion. - Me
Or the church. :D

Well i am a christian (and yet on an adults only fetish site...hm, explain that one) but like those aethist quotes. The trouble is, a lot of religious quotes, unless they're said by the late great JC himself, tend to come from closed-minded, bigoted fundamentalists. Or those are the ones people are so fond of throwing in my teeth anyway, haha...

evolution is one big scientific theory, yet and all scientistics don't believe in theories, only scientific facts, which can be proven. yet most scientists and others believe evolution to be true? it goes against everything they were taught.

avidler said:
Well i am a christian (and yet on an adults only fetish site...hm, explain that one) but like those aethist quotes. The trouble is, a lot of religious quotes, unless they're said by the late great JC himself, tend to come from closed-minded, bigoted fundamentalists. Or those are the ones people are so fond of throwing in my teeth anyway, haha...
AHahahaha...yeah...*devil voice* I am a fundamentalist!!!!!!

BigNorm said:
evolution is one big scientific theory, yet and all scientistics don't believe in theories, only scientific facts, which can be proven. yet most scientists and others believe evolution to be true? it goes against everything they were taught.

Well I think the idea is that they make a theory so that they have something to attribute their studies too, thus working to prove that theory as a fact. Of course, this is, in a sense, true with all theories, but scientist tend to use it as the groundwork for studies. However, it is true that they work against what they're taught in this sense.

And BTW, I'm quite familiar with the BB theory (I was just down playing it like Atheist do to Religion), but I find the idea that we, and all we know, came to be because of some uncontrolled event a bit unusual. But the truth is that it will likely never be known what started such things, as such events predate our existence, and as such, the same events can only be known thru whatever predates that.

Last edited:
Ok, after being on the Internet and seeing some Atheist talk, I can safely say this.....many Atheists (don't wanna generalize like many of them do) are hypocritical idiots. Just wanted to get that out.

Excess said:
Ok, after being on the Internet and seeing some Atheist talk, I can safely say this.....many Atheists (don't wanna generalize like many of them do) are hypocritical idiots. Just wanted to get that out.

Very true. It may be the only thing they have in common with the devout.

GiveMeFeet said:
Very true. It may be the only thing they have in common with the devout.

Sad, but sometimes very true....

BigNorm said:

No, theories remain theories no matter how much evidence there is. Evolution has been demonstrated. Scientists don't believe in scientific facts, they believe in the scientific method. And the most likely explanation of the existence of humans is that they evolved from other life forms.

Excess said:
And BTW, I'm quite familiar with the BB theory (I was just down playing it like Atheist do to Religion), but I find the idea that we, and all we know, came to be because of some uncontrolled event a bit unusual. But the truth is that it will likely never be known what started such things, as such events predate our existence, and as such, the same events can only be known thru whatever predates that.

Anyone who claims to know the details of how the universe came to be is a liar.
As for life, it came about, one way or another, and here it is. It is its own precedent. How do you judge whether it was likely if you don't understand how it originated? There's no reason to assume it couldn't have been an accident simply because it doesn't make sense according to your experiences.

it's not that bad that they have different religious views, just then ruin things for all other people of religion by throwing the legal books in our face. from removing the 10 commandments from that courthouse in California, to this i just heard about now that's happening in my own town:

here in Jacksonville, Florida, we've recently been named city with the most murders in Florida, even beating Miami. we have over 100 murdewrs now, and the police are taking drastic actions like hiring 3 times more police officers than we have now. and the city and the community has come together to have an anti-violence rally real soon, it's religious based, yes, but the city is joining this to help the community to be aware to help stop crime. well, i heard just this evening that a group called American Atheists Inc. is sueing the city for guess what? separation of church and state. here is a city-wide rally to help stop violence and we might not be able to have it because some group of atheists and their lawyers has nothing to do but f*ck us over.

I'm just tired of some Atheists making the supreme court get rid of stuff that's important to America, like saying the pledge of allegiance in the classroom WITH the "one nation under god" line.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back