• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Son of a BITCH!!!!! Freakin' blades....

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
I have worked a lot of jobs in my life. A large percntage of them have been retail-related and many of thse have been in some form of food-service. I've worked with slicers, knives and every imagnable kind of blade. On top of that, I've studied Katana and other forms of sword-figting. I have never once cut myself.

Today, finally, I got mine.

Cleaning a meat slicer, as I've djone so many times bfore, I felt that little sting no one who works with this stuff wants to. And it was a pretty good one, too. I wound up taking off a good 3/8" of the end of my right index finger. It was at an angle, so I also sliced half my fingernail off, right through the quick. Funny thibng is, I WAS wering a Kevlar glove at the time. Fuckin blade went right though it.

I've responded in a coupl threads tonight, and wound up goign back to correct things....but screw it, its taking to long. So, my typing is probably goona lok like shit for a little bit until I get used to this with my middle finger taking its place. SO, I'm not on drugs...just trying to relearn toi type, which I just can't slow down and do. Not in my nature. :)

Weird thing...I didn't even feel it at first. Blood everywhere, but just a tiny litte bug-bite sorta thing. Now, sitting home, it hurts like a bitch. One small piece of flesh and nail gone, and it feels like somone shot the end of my hand off. I know i hit the bone, had that feeling on a couple other injuris before. I don't know what's worse...cutting it off, or breaking my streak of 25 years around blades without an incdent.

So, pardon the spelling for bit. :triangle:

Oh no sorry for that... never mind the typing skills, you can use your toes. Agh! But it sucks that you won't be able to run a finger on fretboard!

*plays some minor pentatonic*

Care to watch?

Damn Dave,that sucks big time!Watch out for possible infection,not that i need to tell you that.Hope ya feel better soon.

Oh no sorry for that... never mind the typing skills, you can use your toes. Agh! But it sucks that you won't be able to run a finger on fretboard!

*plays some minor pentatonic*

Care to watch?

Well, I'm a right handed gutarist, so I can still hold the p[ick in my right hand between the thumb and midle finger. It's the bass playing thats gonna be a bitch, I play with my fingers. That, and keys. Ah, it'll heal. Fuck, Tony Iommi wwas missing the ends of his two middle fretbord fingers.

Well, I'm a right handed gutarist, so I can still hold the p[ick in my right hand between the thumb and midle finger. It's the bass playing thats gonna be a bitch, I play with my fingers. That, and keys. Ah, it'll heal. Fuck, Tony Iommi wwas missing the ends of his two middle fretbord fingers.

Do eat more organic vitamin C. It will help with the healing.

so i guess Dave is only less than his former self.

his point comes up a bit short.

can't count on all his fingers, as he's off .10 on his equations.

can now say "There's a little bit of me in every bite!".

sorry, mate. i know they suck but i couldn't resist. hope you get to healing ok.

ew ew ew ew ewwwwwwww fuck!!!!!! been there bro, done that, feel your pain! heal up soon bro!

Jeez, Dave! The words "Fucking ouch!" come to mind rather quickly... :shock:

Take care, try not to get it infected and hope you heal up soon.

In the meantime, don't beat yourself up about the 25 year streak or the typing stuff. The human brain is amazing when it comes to reading comprehension ;)

Take care, hun. :cuddle:

You're making my stomach flip, Dave.
I was thinking about the bass playing when I read your OP.
Dam! And it's yer trigger finger ta boot!
That really sucks. Ouch!
Hopefully it heals and you still have a nail on it.

Workman's comp?

You know I love you Dave, and I'm so sorry this happened to you, but no one has asked the obvious questions.

Where's the rest of your finger? Is it still laying on the floor in the deli department? Did it find its way into a loaf of bratwurst? Did you pick it up and throw it away? Did you keep it? Did it bounce into the public area and get picked up by some toddler who immediately put it in his mouth?

Will they retire that meat slicer and will the people who shop there get meat from the same machine that took your flesh and blood! Will YOU buy meat there, knowing that machine sliced human flesh?

These are things I wonder.

Ai, ai, ai...you guys. ;)

Well, it didn't get into any food, as we were closing at the time, just clening. Not really a piece to find, as it kind of did a "shave" thing. Lots of little bits of meat on the thing to begin with, kinda hard to find. Its such smal piece to begin with, thers no point in looking for it.

I apprecaite the joks, keeping the spirits up. Clotted nicely, pain's gone down a little, and typings gettign a bit better as I slow down and get usd to using the middle finger.

Workmans comp, we'll see. Gotta go in today to fill out th paperwork, the night manager of the place is an idiot and noone goes to him for anything, he doesn't even know whre accident reports are. Useless. But, I got a witness that I was wearing the gloves, saved the one wth the blood and hole in it, so it'll work out.

Aw, shit! :eek: Dave, I feel for you. I once sliced off a small portion of my finger with a razor blade. Not nearly as deep as you, but Jesus, I get an idea of just how ugly an injury that is. I hope you heal up as quickly as possible, man.

My ex-husband is singularly responsible for the sign on lawnmowers that tells you NOT to put your hand under it while it's running. You boys are so silly.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back