• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Songs to Get Stoned To

chicago

Potheads of the TMF: what do you get up, up, and away to?

Currently, I'm digging what I like to call "chill-funk" (maybe that's a real term, but it just came to mind as the best way to describe what I mean lol )

Here's an example:

So awesome for a summer morning wake and bake. I float away with that synthesizer.

(Lets try to avoid posting multiple times in a row or more than 3 songs per post. It tends to turn into a list competition and conversation killer.)

Your turn!

Oh I love that Roy Ayers tune, great choice.....listening (and smoking) to it right now! lol.

My turn? Ok, hmmm....well, Roy later recorded with Fela! Not this song, though. All of Fela's stuff is great for a smoke, but this one particularly has some really stoney production on the organ.....long live Fela, Black President, Old Basketmouth....and smoker of a mean spliff!

Fela & Egypt 70: He Miss Road

(I shall refrain from posting on this or any of the other threads for.....24 hours!)

I love the stretched time effect, so baroque soul/funk songs become incredibly detailed. Like, from this guy -

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Or these guys -

Was (Not Was) - Spy in the House of Love

A few old classmates of mine said this is a good song to get stoned to, and I kind of agree lol. :D

Jesus, could be anything. Desmond Dekker, currently...but DEVO or Bad Brains...even Dave Brubeck. (Apologize for the spelling)

A few old classmates of mine said this is a good song to get stoned to, and I kind of agree lol. :D

lol! Yeah, I think that one qualifies!

This one most definitely qualifies - whether or not you like Black Sabbath - this is a supremely stoney, mellow, eerie song....a great "end-of-the-night" song.....which is why I'm posting it here on Monday morning! lol

Black Sabbath: Planet Caravan

lol! Yeah, I think that one qualifies!

This one most definitely qualifies - whether or not you like Black Sabbath - this is a supremely stoney, mellow, eerie song....a great "end-of-the-night" song.....which is why I'm posting it here on Monday morning! lol

Black Sabbath: Planet Caravan

hell ya,pink Floyd is also good

I'm about to get high, take a shower and listen to this at a high volume:

Found this group after seeing Pavement's Stephen Malkmus gush over them on Twitter.

Shippy! FANTASTIC. FANTASTIC. Best thing I've been turned onto in a long time, fantastic. I'll listen to this the rest of my life, THANK YOU. Perfection, every instrument, the composition, the production, the guitar player is fantastic, great beat, they don't let up for the entire 13 minutes.........LOVE IT. LOVE IT. Man, the sax stuff, especially towards the end (and the very end itself), fondly connotates Crimson (Schitzoid Man) and Terry Riley (Poppy Nogood) but TOTALLY it's own thing.....epic.

I love it fifty times more than Malkmus, lol!

Oh....and stoney? Smoke and see for yourself, boys and girls!!!

^^^^ JAYSUS CHRIST, it is good. Same with that Sabbath tune! And same with Roy Ayers (listened to all of "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" on YouTube after making the discovery). Now I'm just really high, full of new music and not showered, lol!

^^^^ JAYSUS CHRIST, it is good. Same with that Sabbath tune! And same with Roy Ayers (listened to all of "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" on YouTube after making the discovery). Now I'm just really high, full of new music and not showered, lol!

What's funny about that is I was thinking as I was listening to it...jeez, that's great music to get dressed to! lol. 13 minutes, and when the band goes crazy at the end, you check yourself out in the mirror and go....perfect! lol
I gave it great thought....should I follow it up with something similar? 5ive Style, a Sub Pop band from the 90s? Or do I go Dead, since Shippy's been in a Dead-head of late. Since the 90s have their own thread.....it's the day of the Dead.

Two resplendent, gorgeous, stoney songs.....most Dead recordings aren't great compared to seeing them live....but these two songs are the exception, two perfect records......both are the last songs on each guy's solo albums (even though it's the Dead themselves as the backup bands!). Also a good segueway from the end of Horse Lords into the beginning of "The Wheel" (which has a similar "wacky" intro). Even if you don't like the Dead, or don't know them, these two songs are worth checking out, especially the Garcia tune, quintessential Jerry, pedal-steel heaven.....

Jerry Garcia: The Wheel

Bob Weir: Cassidy

Last edited:
I dont have the video, but my first thought would be

Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb".

I mean, think about it, the song is about drugs and being on drugs, so it would seem like a very appropriate song to get stoned to.

I don't touch Pot, but I think an appropriate song would be Peter Paul and Mary's "Puff The Magic Dragon". Because let's be honest, the song wasn't about a "Magic Dragon".

Bator, Some good ones!

I'll volley back, the entire "Fear of Music" album is one of the stoniest ever, whoah, here's the last song

Talking Heads: Drugs

And as for The Moody Blues, again, so many to choose from, the stoniest ones are always the ones by Mike Pinder or Justin Hayward.....here's a gorgeous one that will evaporate you into a state of ecstasy....the most serene peace of music ever....

The Moody Blues: Visions Of Paradise

Oh man, how can I forget VU? Well, I already posted the stoniest Velvet Underground track in my "Song of the Day" thread the original version of "Ocean" with Mo Tucker on drums (instead of that horrible version that's on all the Loaded reiusses and which is now the version everyone puts up on You Tube, what morons....)

this song is just beautiful and definitely a gentle song to smoke to:

The Velvet Underground: Candy Says

Ill follow the velvet underground trend

You stoner, Bator already posted that one! :D

lol. It's a great one though, worth hearing a second time! ;)

C'mon everyone! All together now! "Shiny, shiny, (louder!) shiny boots of leather....." :)

Last edited:
Oh. Oops. :blush2:

lol. hey now, no need to blush, smoke one of these! It's called grass, and it gets you high! lol.

Actually NOT lol is the fact that yet another great has gone away, Bernie Worrell, one of the greatest keyboardists in modern music....and who is already on this page! Playing "Swamp" with the Talking Heads! Well, here's one of his most famous, dazzling performances, Parliament's "Flashlight"......all the synth stuff, all Bernie, there's not even a bass on it, it's all him.....feel the Bern, and RIP, great one! We're still listening to you! This joint's for you!

Now everybody put your sunglasses on...so you can feel cool!

Parliament: Flashlight

Can't believe everybody missed the large pink elephant in the room.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back