• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Southern Ontario Ticklephiles

ogre

Hello,

Your friendly neighbourhood Ogre here. After some discussion a few of us in the Southern Ontario region of the Great White North would like to take some steps toward bringing our tickling community at the least, a little closer. Nothing fancy to start with I was thinking along the lines of coffee and a meal out somewhere at a location central to most...perhaps two if needed. This is not meant to be a gathering in the sense we are most familiar with..simply a chance to meet of few of the people in your neighbourhood in safe friendly environment. At the worst, you might have spent a couple of hours with people that have a common interest. At best, you may make a few new friends and have a nice night out. Simple events like this begin to lay the ground work for a community that could take part in something along the lines of a more formal gathering in the future. Please use this thread to respond and give some suggestions. I will volunteer some time to this, but need not be in charge if there is someone who would really like to be the organizer. However, in the interim, let's hear from you in Southern Ontario. I will post an email address shortly to which you can send simply your nick name and city or region you hail from...and I will begin trying to sort it all out...to find some common locations. I suspect there are enough people in Toronto alone to make a sizable group..but it would nice to hear from all over the region. Remember...this is simply a social gathering nothing more. A chance to meet and say hello. Communities are built on friendship and trust...and both must begin somewhere. I prefer to start them both with Hello.

Yours in ogredom,

Ogre :couch:

Contact Information

Hello again,

As promised: This thread is available to organize information from ticklephiles in Southern Ontario and surrounding areas. There are two options to keep it simple. Post here if personal information is a concern to you. Send a message to the following email address if email contact is not an issue: [email protected]

Essentially what I hope to accomplish is to get a sense of how many we are in Southern Ontario and where we are. That way we can organize one or two first meetings...just meetings, to say hello. From there, who knows..but everyone here that I have spoken to and chatted with has said: "Why don't we have a community here?" Simple answer..we haven't done this yet. So please, post here if you would like to move in this direction or email me and I will try to help things begin. (If you want to help, email me too)

Yours in ogredom,

Hey Ogre,

Thanks for getting the momentum going on a Canadian meeting. I'd love to have a night out with my Southern Ontario peeps. I'm in Montreal right now, but visit the Toronto area often (the next time will probably be in May... when were you thinking of holding this event?)

Ok people, speak up! Let's make this happen!

You can count me in :) Hopefully more people respond, its a great idea!

That's what I like to hear!!!

Thank you both!!! You've started the ball rolling. We could very certainly look at a time in May for somewhere in the Toronto Area. For those of you out there that are not in the Toronto area, please pass on your locations and we can look at a second hello dinner/coffee for the other regions too. Together we will make it happen.

Yours in ogredom,

Thanks for taking on the task, it sounds like a great starting point. Keep us posted, my schedule is pretty flexible. Ofcourse it would be nice to hear from more out there, but its a good start. Thanks,

So Ogre, what are your thoughts? Is this thing still on?

small but commited

Well, the response has been underwhelming so far. However, I'm still committed to getting us all together. I'm in play that is running until the 6th of March...after that, I am free to look at times and places that best meet circumstances... So, Let us aim for early in April...first weekend? I know that Angel would prefer May..if we can wait that long, it is also fine. Somewhere in the Toronto area...or just outside if that serves us better. I would suggest a restaurant that is easy to find...I know a nice Chinese buffet on Vic Park North off the 401. Lets have some suggestions about where. I'm looking forward to taking our first steps.

Yours in ogredom,

Don't let the size fool ya, Ogre. It ain't just a myth that size doesn't matter, after all. ;)

Honestly, the West Coast Gatherings hasn't had under a hundred active members in 6 or 7 years, and it's work to get a score of 'em in the same place.

NEST is unique in the volume of people that show. Don't let the numbers fool ya, brother. For everyone posting that you see here, when you have them email you, and can promise privacy for them, you'll find more that will show to a munch, to meet folk.

I know of a few more in your side of Canada, after all. They're just shy. Get this started, even with a handful, and it'll grow. Always does, everywhere they've started.

dvnc

wow!

Hi everybody!

More people in southern ontario! YAY! I'm close to Toronto, frequent there too, so if that's a common place, sounds good to me. You can count me in!

Re: small but commited

ogre said:
Well, the response has been underwhelming so far. However, I'm still committed to getting us all together. I'm in play that is running until the 6th of March...after that, I am free to look at times and places that best meet circumstances... So, Let us aim for early in April...first weekend? I know that Angel would prefer May..if we can wait that long, it is also fine. Somewhere in the Toronto area...or just outside if that serves us better. I would suggest a restaurant that is easy to find...I know a nice Chinese buffet on Vic Park North off the 401. Lets have some suggestions about where. I'm looking forward to taking our first steps.

Yours in ogredom,

Yeah, I certainly think we should wait so that Angel can join us, May is fine. I think first weekend in April is Easter weekend anyway, so that wouldn't work. Like DVNC said, lets keep the ball rolling, who knows how many may like to join us :) BTW, Vic Park and the 401?! I'm like, 5 minutes from there LOL!

I wish I could make it in for April, but it's a really bad time for me in terms of schoolwork, not to mention a Jewish holiday. If you have to have it then, I understand, but if it's all the same to you then May is better for me.

The restaurant on Victoria Park sounds good. Mmmmm... Chinese food...

PS - Where are all the other Canadian ladies?:confused: Speak up! I know you're out there.

Another reality in event organization - women will RARELY comment in a public forum until they know folks at the event. Unlike we men, women tend to be WAY more sensible about safety, and security. They'll tend to get to know the host, online, and some even want to meet said person beforehand.

Look around in other events. Do you see a lot of women commenting on NEST? There were over 70 people at the last few NEST events. There were more women than anyone saw, in print, and the women that posted were largely known personalities.

The point I make? Two, really. One is that no group of people WANT to be singled out online, and this includes the gender group known as women. Two is that some folks will always show WITHOUT grand announcement. Would it be WAY cool if everyone announced online their intention to attend, and their opinion afterward? Yep. Does that happen? Nope.

Alas.

I recommend a bit of faith, and the desire to meet PEOPLE before hunting for "the one". What the hell do I know? Well, for one, I'm MARRIED to "the one" for me. Met her through online means. Didn't meet her at my first, fourth, or fortieth event. Met a LOT of cool folk, though, and attended some SERIOUSLY cool events in the process.

Meet the people, and you'll find the one. Search just for the one, and... well, what would you think if you saw a woman searching for the man meant for her, and ignoring everyone else in favor of that one person? It's how such views can FEEL, even though they're not what you mean. How do I know what you mean? I don't. I do know that you don't INTEND to spook female attendees, though, hence this discussion.

'Sides, Canada needs it's own group. ;)

Hope you folks meet, start having regular munches, and decide to host a gathering, whether at someone's home or in a club. Do drop a line if you wish for tips on hosting events for newcomers. Not only are the websites I list a great starting point, but the people listed on them are great information sources. QBWeaver and Max Speer, AffectionateDan and Terorizer... there are many who can provide suggestions and tips.

Host an event, and you may find some remote folks flyin' out or drivin' up to see it. You aren't far from the vast East Coast scene, and many of them would go to an event in Canada easier than their own state...

Enough o' my blathering. Point made, suggestions given. Apologies for the ramble!

Well said DVNC, we're just lookin to get something started here that I'm sure could be a success. No expectations, just the chance to meet over a meal and then who knows after that? I can understand the reservations of some, especially women, about singling themselves out online, letalone meeting people online. I for one have never done it myself, but I'm open and excited about meeting people with the same interest in and around this great province of ours. I'm happy to help out in the planning, so let me know Ogre. Apart from that, hope this is the start of something we'll all find to be a great starting point :)

Thanks DVNC for all your advice and encouragement. As a woman I am concerned about safety, but I figure that the participants of this munch still have months to get to know each other and hammer out ways to ensure safety, and I'm more comfortable meeting at a public place than I would be meeting TMFers for the first time at a gathering. I didn't mean to put any pressure on any of the other women here.

Morning Angel said:
Thanks DVNC for all your advice and encouragement. As a woman I am concerned about safety, but I figure that the participants of this munch still have months to get to know each other and hammer out ways to ensure safety, and I'm more comfortable meeting at a public place than I would be meeting TMFers for the first time at a gathering. I didn't mean to put any pressure on any of the other women here.

My thoughts exactly Angel, well said.

Double-bonus, then, 'cause folks now know nothin' is meant but encouragement, and there's already women attending. You'd be amazed how immediate the change is when one women is known in an event.

I'm just the overly paternal listfather for an event already, and hopin' eagerly that more events will florish. The more that florish for new attendees, the better the likelyhood that we'll find more of one another with whom to involve. The better the likelyhood for more complex events, too, as such can be most exciting, in safe circumstances.

Gotta start SOMEWHERE, though! I've high hopes you folks will prove Canada can do what's been done in England and America. Who knows? Maybe it'll propel other parts of the world to gather in groups, socialize, and better their circumstances!

Thank you both for the replies. I appreciate them more than you likely know!

dvnc

Smiling with Encouragement

If there are no objections, let us meet in May, this will accomodate Angel and any others that have exams at that time. If there are no objections. I will be visiting that restaurant in april for sure and can make the reservations while I am there. I will choose a weekend and post it shortly after a good look at the calender.
Those who wish to attend should respond here or privately to this email address:
[email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you all. Thank you for the encouragement DVNC!!

Yours in ogredom,

Cool Ogre... just don't make it the weekend of the 15th... I'm hoping to attend the NEST! :D Anyhow, whatever works, you can count on me. Take care and hope more people speak up!

Hi,

I live in the GTA and would be interested in meeting a group for coffee. I've been peeking at this site for over 2 years and never had the courage to contact anyone, so Thank you for taking the first step. In all honesty my fear has been that if I meet with anyone I may be out of place due to my age (I'm a youthful 46).

Once again Thanks,
Tina

Tina said:
Hi,

I live in the GTA and would be interested in meeting a group for coffee. I've been peeking at this site for over 2 years and never had the courage to contact anyone, so Thank you for taking the first step. In all honesty my fear has been that if I meet with anyone I may be out of place due to my age (I'm a youthful 46).

Once again Thanks,
Tina

Congrats on your first post Tina! :) And don't even think about feeling out of place, age is certainly no barrier here. Just a friendly get together amongst friends who share a wonderful interest :) Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Tina!

I'm glad you got over your fears and posted (it took me a while too). As for the meeting, things like age shouldn't be a problem. I, personally, welcome anyone who wants to get together. Hope to see you in May:)

Build it and they will come!

Hello Tina, nice to meet you.

Sorry for being sporadic folks. I'm doing a play right now and literally don't have time for much else until the 6th of march. However, a date in May. If there are no objections, I would like to pick the third Saturday in May..that is May 15th. This is a tentative date pending your approval. If that date is not good, please let me know. The alternative will be 7 days later on the 22. If Saturdays are the problem, Then we may wish to look at a Sunday. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Yours in ogredom,

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back