• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Star Wars Episode 2 trailer.

primetime

Verified
hey fellow Star Wars fan, did you see the new trailer? man, i am excited!! it sent several chills down my spine when Palpatine told the Senate that he needs to build an army to defend the Republic. that statement shows you just how he got his army built. it also sent chills when he was talking to Anakin. i cant WAIT for May 16. a little over 2 months away. the only thing about it is that we know there will be a LOT of story told. not only was there all this action going on with the Senate, and armies and Jedis and Jango Fett and training and Obi-wan, but we also see the buildup of the romance between Anakin and Amidala. this movie will be packed with story. i cant wait to see how it all unfolds.....

Very true. Many sub-plots will need to be told this time around. You can see where Palpatine is already getting his hooks into Anakin, and how he's manipulating the Senate and the Jedi into actually helping him build his Empire. The prototype Stormtroopers look awesome, as do all of the fight scenes. There was a quick scene where (I think it was) Anakin grabs a second blade to do battle.

This one seems to be the "Empire Strikes Back" of this trilogy...dark and serious. :cool:

I was more excited about the fact that Jar-Jar Bings wasn't in it...

Anybody will go see the movie Ice Age to see that trailer on the big screen?

I'm considering it...

Libtick

Actually, Jar-Jar is in Ep II, although in a much more limited role as the Gungan representative to the Senate from Naboo.

Apparently he doesn't talk as much.:rolleyes:

Let me say...

That after seeing the trailer I now have a renewed faith in the Star wars saga. I haven't seen anything looking this good since the original Star Wars hit the theaters.

Ven

As I said, I feel that Episode II is going to blow away anything you've ever seen regarding Star Wars. And Venray? Please save me one of the promotional banners for Ep II when you get them, please please please?????????:D :D :D

Dave2112 said:
As I said, I feel that Episode II is going to blow away anything you've ever seen regarding Star Wars. And Venray? Please save me one of the promotional banners for Ep II when you get them, please please please?????????:D :D :D

If we get one it is yours...(didnt even need to ask..tis a given..LOL)

Where were the Klingons?????

I did'nt see any klingons......huh...what.....its the wrong what.. oh..hehe..nevermind.

looks like it might be pretty good anyhow. :D

Bah...

The first Star Wars was made without regard for marketing spinoffs, and it was pretty good. The second could have been better than the first, but the cliff hanger ending sucked. The "Happy Trails To You" ending of the third sucked even worse, and the Ewoks were just too cute for words. The fourth: Jar Jar Binks - need I say more? I wonder what they're going to do to the next one to screw it up?

Strelnikov

Re: Bah...

Strelnikov said:
The first Star Wars was made without regard for marketing spinoffs, and it was pretty good. The second could have been better than the first, but the cliff hanger ending sucked. The "Happy Trails To You" ending of the third sucked even worse, and the Ewoks were just too cute for words. The fourth: Jar Jar Binks - need I say more? I wonder what they're going to do to the next one to screw it up?

Strelnikov

Those sentiments pretty much hit home with me on all counts Strel, which is why I refused to even go to the theater to see the last one..
I must say though that this next one looks very promissing..hopefully
they will do NOTHING to screw this one up..time will tell.

Ven

It was great...yeah.

Well ok, it was a full trailer, but when I first heard Vaders breaths in the "Breathing" Teaser...THAT was an experience, pals! If you have the DVD or VHS from Episode 1, wait till the credits are completed: You will hear that breathing again! Lucas is virtuoso...the quiet fading in of the imperial march when Yoda tells Obi Wan that he is afraid of Anakin...unbelievable.
But back to the trailer: I think its a bad idea to show Jango, you didn't see Bobas face at all, too. And I am extremely anxious about how they huddle the birth of Luke and Leia...well, I think that will be in the third movie, but anyone can see when a woman is pregnant. I'm reeeeaaally anxious! :)

And, please think about this one: Is Anakin, like Qui Gon said, the chosen one? Vader is the one, who brings back the balance after all. He throws palpatine down in the power core. But isn't it Luke who convinced his father to turn back to the light side? Who is the chosen one now?
Sorry for my bad english.
TNO

Last edited:
This trailer was great...

I just hope they didn't show all of the action and leave out the annoying Jar Jar stuff, like in EP I. If you look at the original trailer you will not see Jar-Jar or hear him speak...
Anyway, EP II looks fantastic..
Umm, one question...
Did you notice that the Trade Federation droids are still around!!! Hmmm....
Trade Federation + New Clone Troops + Lots of Jedi = Lots of bad aiming :D

Jar Jar?

I don't want to nag you but you could see Jar jar in the Episode 1 trailer, the scene with Amidala on Coruscant.

Ok, one question to all the other Hardcore-Jedis out there: What is the pre-name of Amidala? Once I read that it was Rainha, then I am reading it's Padme Amidala. What's it definately?!?

Star Wars Episode 2 trailer

I saw it. Here are my problems with it:

1. It is seen a three times in the preview someone else mention about, and obi wan mentioning himself, about his problem with space travel. This is never brought up at all in his characters in previous movies. He is a Jedi knight. And it appears that Lucas again feel the need to have a comic relief character and Obi Wan now spouts the very same lines that C-3PO did in 4-6.

2. Remember when the reason that Bobba-fett wore that uniform as it was the old Jedi knight uniform and he wore it to cause fear in people and to prove to people that he was a “bad-ass” cause he was able to kill a Jedi. Now it is not the Jedi uniform, and it is the uniforms of the clones, which are robots that all look alike.

These are just a few things I noticed. I wish Lucas would follow the things that are established cause now things do not conform.

This looks very promising, I agree with Dave this looks like it's going to be the Empire of the prequel trilogy. I'm glad were going to see 'Slave 1's' combat abilities. The missle it fired at Obi Wan's starfighter caused some serious damage in that asteroid feild :). I Can't wait untill May 16.

Bad Aiming

That's another problem I have with the whole series: no one knows how to shoot. Most of the characters, you could walk right up to them through a blaze of death rays and brain them with a stone club.

Strelnikov

I tend to agree with Stel here. There seems to be a severe lack of aiming in the bad-guy realm.

Buggs...where did you read that Fett's armor was old Jedi armor? It's Mandaloran, not Jedi.

New One, I've wondered the same thing about the "Chosen One" title...but I'm sure it will be resolved. It could be Luke OR Vader...depending on your point of view.:cool:

Hm...

Ok, but I have another question: Is Boba Fett a mandalor itself or did he take the armor from one of his victims?
>>>DANGER!!! MAYBE SPOILER!!!<<<
Once I heard, that Boba Fett was one of the mandalorian clones and Jango isn't his real father, Boba was something like a "gift" from Count Dooku. Can anyone help me with that?

I think you're going to have to wait for the film for the answer to that one. However, I've read several interviews with the actors playing the Father/Son Fetts and they talked a lot about having a strange father/son bond, so I'd assume that the connection is real. As to whom the original clone for the proto-troopers is...you'll have to wait and watch.:cool:

Awww...

I guess I'll have to :)
Hey, what do you (everybody) think of downloading Star-Wars movies?

I'm not sure you're going to find the original trilogy for download with any great quality, due to the fact that those have no DVD counterpart to upload from.

If you like really neat stuff, I suggest going to Force.net and checking out the Fan Films section. I have several of these fan-created short films that are actually pretty cool. If you decide to spend the time to download any, I suggest "A Question of Faith" which has some outsatanding lightsaber battles and some of the better acting in these type of films. It takes place 2000 years before the Battle of Yavin and chronicles the struggle between two people; a powerful Sith Lord and a respected Jedi Master...brothers, no less. Excellent effects, too.
:cool:

Yes Dave's right Fett's armor is Mandaloran not Jedi. Fett hung Wookie scalps from his shoulders to show he was a bad-ass.

On another note I bought 'Jedi Starfighter' for the 'PS2' today. The game is super cool so far. It also has a kickass trailer for an upcomming game were it appears you get to play as Jango Fett. It's called 'Star Wars: Bounty Hunter'. It looks extreamly promising.

Thanks Dave for giving me a headsup in the other thread on were to find those GIFs. I'll do keyword search for them.

Ok, but I have another question: Is Boba Fett a mandalor itself or did he take the armor from one of his victims?

At present, this is a bit of a puzzle. I presume that Boba Fett wore his father Jango's repainted armor, or had obtained a similar set in his memory. However, the suit he currently wears following his escape from the Sarlacc Pit was taken from Jodo Kast, a young bounty hunter who styled himself after Fett out of admiration at first, then attempted to replace him out of jealously. While Fett spent a year recovering after Return of the Jedi, Kast was impersonating him to jack up his pay. Fett eventually hired Kast in secret, then ambushed him, thumped him, and took his armor, as chronicled in the Dark Horse Comics one-shot Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. Kast seemed too young and foolish to have been a member of the Mandalorian Deathwatch commando brigade, though.

As for Fett being a Mandalorian himself, this is also open to question. Both Temuera Morrison (Jango) and Daniel Logan (Young Boba) are of Maori descent (New Zealand Aborigine), so they are meant to resemble one another physically, but we still don't know if they are actually meant to be Mandalorians themselves. The Mandalorians were last seen in the Dark Lords of the Sith and The Sith War from Dark Horse Comics, where they acted as mercenary raiders, but we never saw one unmasked; they may not even be human. There is a Jango Fett Mini-series due out in May called Open Seasons which seems to indicate that Jango is a farmboy who joins up with the Mandalorian Deathwatch brigade to avenge his family's murder. It is not yet known if there are Mandalorian civilians, or if Jango was one of them.

the reason i thought that bobba fett was wearing a jedi suit is that was what lucas films originally described him to be wearing when empire first came out. it was in an officially authorized by lucas star wars magazine. they kind of told his history and that was one of the things they said. in fact a guy at work mentioned that was what he read when he was a kid too. and they never mentioned he ever knew darth or anakin. in fact george didnt realize he was going to be such a big character. he was jsut originally meant to be in empire, which besides the story idea and themese, was mostly created by leigh brackett, a woman who had never written sci-fi, and had been an western writer. She also won an academay award for writing one of john waynes movies. Lucas hired her cause he loved that movie. When he got her first draft, he said it wasn't what he had originaly intended, but he liked it beter. He said it was much darker than what he had origianly intended. He also said that she came up with alot of the story for it. She died before production and lucas brought in lawrence kasdan, who was working with him and spileberg on raiders at teh time, to change a few things, especialy adding the whole whampa scene. the only reason that ice wampa scene is in the movie at all is because mark hammil got into a car accident and was thrown threw his windshield and damaged his face and needed extensive reconstructive surgery. That is why mark hammils face looks so different between ep 4 and ep 5, which was only shot a year and a half after star wars was released. He looked so diferent that lucas had to create that whole scene, and brought in lawrence kasdan. So when i said that, that was what lucas films originaly said that boba was wearing. i thought i also read it in an old starlog magaizine issue about the character when it first came out as well.

That's very possible. The space between New Hope and Empire Strikes Back was a little flighty. A sequel wasn't even a guarantee for a while there.

There is a longer Wampa scene in Empire that was cut out of the film, dealing with snowtroopers opening the wrong door, that I hope will be remade for the DVD release in 2006...that and the sandstorm scene in Return of the Jedi.:cool:

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back