• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Star Wars Fanatics, Rejoice!

cloudgazer2k

Verified
this means you, Danimal!
if you have not seen it, if you haven't even heard of it...a long-awaited sequel to one of the best (in my opinion) lightsaber duels has finally risen to dance upon our visual receptors!

it is...you guessed it...Ryan vs. Dorkman 2!
it is a long scene, but Ryan and his group went all out and did a great deal of work on the visual/sound effects and choreography.
watch...and be amazed!

RVD2

Its funny how this homemade vid turned out to be better than the new Star Wars prequels in my humble little opinion. Nice work and thanks for sharing Cloud :D

*and before anyone says anything, yes I understand the irony of having a quote from Episode III in my siggy. But hey, Darth Sidious is just badass. May the Sith live on forever! :bowing: *

LovesHeels said:
I gotta hand it to these guys... they've got some serious game. they obviously have top of the line editing equipment.

How old are they?

into their 20's, as far as i know. Ryan, the guy with the blue 'saber, works for Lucas now and does graphics design for games...i think RVD 1 and 2 were his resume, as it were.
if you'd like to see more of Ryan's work, as well as some samples of his graphic know-how, visit: www.ryan-w.com

Holy CRAP did that ROCK!

I particularly enjoyed the role-reversal they did there, as far as who was clearly the underdog in the fight. And a little Light-side/Dark-side flip-flop they did there, IMHO, too. And did you see that they did their own soundtrack this time, as opposed to using someone else's score and adapting it to their choreography? Nice! And their fan base and support have swelled enormously as well! Tons of resources went into this one! A fine effort, all in all!

Great share, bro!

AffectionateDan said:
I particularly enjoyed the role-reversal they did there, as far as who was clearly the underdog in the fight. And a little Light-side/Dark-side flip-flop they did there, IMHO, too. And did you see that they did their own soundtrack this time, as opposed to using someone else's score and adapting it to their choreography? Nice! And their fan base and support have swelled enormously as well! Tons of resources went into this one! A fine effort, all in all!

Great share, bro!

i was beginning to wonder if i had to go a-knockin' fer ya!
yeah, this is grade-a material here. dude knows his stuff, and it shows.

ChosenofMystra said:
Do they have any more material that you perhaps know of Cloud?

other than the link to the website, that is all i know of. though i believe Ryan has been involved in other Star-Wars-ish projects other than his, especially where lightsabers are concerned.
if you go to www.ryan-w.com, you will see some of his other effects that he has perfected via home PC na free time, including: cloning, energy projectiles, and even blending himself in a famous battle scene in EP2.

Excellent stuff. I have often wondered if these guys had any official training or just picked stuff up from films and such. As someone who spent many years learning the art of swordfighting, I can see a lot of techniques that you don't just "make up".

Very, very cool.

LovesHeels said:
I gotta hand it to these guys... they've got some serious game. they obviously have top of the line editing equipment.

How old are they?

actually, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, lightsaber effects like that can be easily done with relativly inexpensive software. The severd limb effects are out there tho, much harder to do. the one thing that they were able to do that truely shows their dedication is the coreography, which in both of their videos is up to a professional level. I honestly have to say tho, this is phenominal. :shock:

the additional changes to the enviroment, i.e.: the melting spots where the 'sabres hit, and all of the minor details that were put into the short (like the spark effects from the 'sabres hitting the metal) was a great touch and added some realism to the scene.

I dont know if you start wars fans are into reading the different star wars books, but i just finished reading Darth Bane Path of Destruction. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

if you go on youtube, you can see them answer some FAQs and they explain how they did some effects, such as when ryan drags his saber in the water

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back