• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Star Wars:is Jar-Jar, a Sith-Lord?!

Aeveirra

TMF Expert

Lol, um.... What?!?
Yes! You read that title correctly; Darth Jar Jar! Some people around the Internet say this pointless, much-hated prequel character is an evil Sith Lord, and a mastermind of "Force mind-control" abilities.
Yeah.... Jar Jar!
. Jar jar Binks was that annoyingly bumbling character in the first and second Star Wars prequels who, according to many fans: "ruined the movies". He was too "unrealistically lucky", plus he acted outlandishly - stupid.

But! Could he have been pretending to be an idiot the whole time to mask his true intentions? That's what people have been saying....
There's a new theory out there that Jar Jar, posted a couple months ago in October of 2015 on Reddit; that claims Jar Jar Binks' character was actually *originally intended* to be a Sith Lord, and one of the galaxies most powerful force users EVER. He was supposed to be "Yodas" equal a d opposite". The idea is, that It was supposed to be Jar Jar, and NOT Darth Maul who was the real "Phantom Menace" In episode one, and evidence points out Jar Jar's secret use of force-persuasion and mass-manipulation.

As much as I personally love creating ambitious theories, (see posts on theory of the neurological origins of tickling fetishism) ; I did not come up with this one about Jar Jar...but I have to say, I really like it, and I'm 95% convinced it's probably true. :)

If you take a look at the evidence in the sources I've posted at the end of this post, you'll see Jar Jar using force-jumping, Jedi-like mind control (by hand motions in order to get himself promoted, and on a few seperate occasions- you even see him feeding words directly into other characters mouths!) he is also seen being "unusually lucky", and extremely efficient at killing his enemies in battle/dodging any incoming attacks.

He is also the sole reason for the rise of the Empire! As, it was him who convinced the Galactic Republic Senate to abandon democracy and give emergency dictator-like powers to Chancellor Palpatine. The man who would later become the evil emperor and master to Darth Vader.
Seriously.... All that happens. Bit we are so distracted by his outward stupidity that it over-shadows his diabolical actions.

This all sounds wayyy too difficult to believe at first; (Initially, I thought it was)but if you watch the videos of fan analysis of movie clips, they point to numerous cases where Jar Jar is seen using the force, and apparently controlling people's decisions....Why? Because he's secretly a Sith Lord! And co-conspirator with Palpatine (AKA, "Darth Sidious").

** Watching 3 or 4 of these analysis vids can get a little repetitive because they all use mostly the same evidence; but it is interesting to get different people's opinions and reactions to the same movie content. So it's worth checking out a few of them.

*** Apparently, the reason the director didn't go through with this plan to
have Jar Jar as a villain, and instead decided to make count Dooku and General Grevious the main bad-guys in episode 3; was because (according to theorists) the audience HATED the character so much. The director and creator of star wars George Lucas, decided to change the whole script and drop Darth Jar Jar due to fans' utter hatred of him.
And, because Jar Jar wasn't yet revealed as evil in the first / second episodes, he was able to alter the movie without changing the whole plot line of the original.
** That's also why the villains in Ep.3: "Revenge of the Sith" seem so hastily written into the movie, with no sufficient background. But all of the evidence of Jar Jar binks' true powers, still remains in Ep 1.
(And maybe, a little bit in Ep2, but idk for sure) However, he sort of just disappears... his character simply wasn't developed further due to the fans' harsh backlash. Which is, quite a shame really.

Now, I haven't seen the new Star Wars movie yet. Lol, I do enjoy the films, but I'm not "completely into the whole franchise".
I just thought the whole. Darth Jar Jar theory" was an awesome idea!

In the upcoming new trilogy, they could still bring back this idea, if they reveal Supreme Leader Snokes, as ...JAR JAR. That'd be so cool. Lol :)
**Do you think it's too far-fetched?? Well...idk. They've done it before: *
••• Vader: Is Dutch for "Father". (And we all know...who Luke's dad is)
••• Snokes: Is Dutch for "Pike Fisk" (a type of long-nosed trout)

.... What is the only Star Wars character you know of who has a long-face, and has aquatic/fish-like features (who ALSO was supposed to be the original villain.....?? Yeah, its JAR JAR BINKS!!! Lol, I mean..it just has to be!

The actor who played Jar Jar basically confirmed the "original villain" theory when he posted this in response to the theory;
"It feels good when the hidden meaning behind the work is seen, no matter how long it takes."
!!! **Mind-blown**!!!!
Yeah.... I couldn't believe it at first either, but what more do you need? Its pretty convincing, especially when you have people who worked on he movies saying things like this.... Essentially admitting their original intention.
If you re-watch the prequels with this theory in mind, the films take on
a whole new level of awesomeness, and hopefully Star Wars fans will stop hating the prequels and realize how secretly clever they really were. :)

What now?!
Well, There's still hope that Jar Jar could be revealed as the "Big Bad" in the new movies. As in; an older-Jar Jar could be revealed as Snokes' true identity in episode 8 or 9. IF this theory is true, and they do choose to do this: It would completely redeem Jar Jars' character from being the "hated failure", to one of the most surprising reveals in film history.
As I mentioned, twists like this have already been done before;
*Vader, to Luke; "I, am your father." lol.

So who knows?
(A reveal like this; of an older Sith-Lord as Jar Jar.... would be equal to, if not - More shocking and impressive than its' first iconic twist with Vader. And, i think it would entirely redeem the reputation of the Star Wars prequels
From a business / profits perspective, it's a no-brainer.
*********************************************************************************************

Sadly, even if the idea of Jar Jar being the primary villain in Ep 1/2 was true then scrapped (like the theorists suggest), then it could may also mean that Snokes is a completely new character. And Jar Jar could simply disappear.
Honestly, I like this theory so much because it makes way too much sense!

And, If Snokes turns out to NOT be Jar Jar, the movie would be ruined for me. I think the people who made Star Wars would've have totally missed their shot to save 1/3 of the entire franchise if they abandon this idea.
Not to mention, they would miss their chance at fully recreating the magic of the original trilogy.

*********************************************************************************************
____ So.... What do you guys think about this?!?____​

** Do you think this was in fact, the original intention: to have Jar Jar be the real "Phatom Menace"??

** If Snokes isn't Jar Jar, it think It would be very upsetting, and a total let-down. But thats just me.
Does any one else think a new character could be just as good/better?

** For those of you who have seen the evidence, and may believe this theory to be true; would Star Wars be ruined for you guys if they abandoned the idea of revealing him as a Sith Lord in the upcoming movies 8,9?

I hope you found this post interesting! :)
** Feel free to leave any other feedback/ comments about this!

--- SOURCES: ---
(Darth Jar Jar : Fan Analysis, Movie Evidence & Explanations:)

(1) •·· https://www.reddit.com/r/DarthJarJar (1st post introducing theory )

(2) •·· http://darthjarjar.com/ (Website explaining all evidence)

(3)•·· https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA (Explanatory Video#1)

(4)•··https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyRLtAngxo (Explanatory Video #2)

(5)•·· https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IhSJ85cB42A (Snokes? Vid #3)

(6)•··https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq559Vzc5MA (Snokes/Plagueis? #4)

(7)•·· https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Uc84U04Sk
(!! Robot chicken: Predicted Darth Jar Jar , many years ago!! (vid #5)

[/u]​

I've read about this and seen a couple of presentation videos, and it's a fun theory but I don't really believe it.

First, there's no reason for Lucas to have abandoned it. Being able to shove in everyone's faces how wrong they were about Jar Jar would make way more sense. And in fact, if he was concealing the fact that Jar Jar was a sith lord, then the contempt of the audience would have been exactly what Lucas was going for, and wouldn't have been bothered by it at all. It would have been his plan all along for everyone to hate Jar Jar and then feel stupid.

Also one specific thing I have a problem with in all the evidence is Jar Jar's supposed force jump. For those who don't want to do all the homework, it's the scene where Jar Jar is going to lead the two jedi to his home. When they're going into the water, Jar Jar does an amazing leap about 20 feet in the air before diving perfectly into the water.

Here's why that's not a force jump - Ob-wan and Qui-gon are standing there watching him do it. If it was a force jump, you'd think two jedi would pick up on it. Like they'd suddenly look at each other and raise their eyebrows and Obi-wan would say "Master... did that weird fish man just use the force?" "Yes he did, my padawan. We must proceed with caution."

If Jar Jar is trying to conceal his sith-ness, he would not force jump in front of two jedi.

I just assumed that Jar Jar can do that because his people live under water under extreme pressure, like the way Aquaman has superhuman strength because he lives at the bottom of the sea.

About the jedi not noticing force jump; the reason people give for this, is that Jar Jar has masterd mind control to make himself not appear suspicious. This is similar to what Palpatine did. He was around Jedi all the time, yet no one suspected that he was insanely powerful.
Normally, Jedi can "sense" force-users. But in the case of Palpatine, he was able to mask his potential and remain un-noticed for years. Jar Jar could very well be doing something like that.
As like a subconscious, or a background ability.

Lol, I mean think about it, he's clumsy and seemingly unintelligent. Why in the world would he be brought along with them every where they go, take part in secret missions, and be promoted??

No chatecter even mentions the fact he's not very bright, or even annoying. That is, except for droids.
Every droid that Jar Jar meets, thinks he's suspicious, odd, or a threat.
That's Because mind control doesn't work on droids.

Lol, I know it's difficult to imagine. And there's some parts I don't fully belive either.
But I do know this idea (or "some kind of major idea" was altered, be use in an interview George Lucas himself stated he changed the script so much, he practically re-wrote it, his reason was because if "angry fans".
I would like to believe this is true, I mean who knows? It might be? ;)

I'm starting to think it's a reincarnated Darth Plagueis (unless he never died, I don't know much about the EU)

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back