• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Star Wars The Old Republic (upcoming MMO)

Viden

TMF Regular
OMG OMG OMG,

I can't wait for this to come out, hopefully sometime next year. They recently released a cinematic trailer and it's awesome :woot:
It's just cinematic no game play in the trailer, but story alone and the fact it's Bioware, I'm SO THERE lol

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ETLRnvup08&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ETLRnvup08&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Oh...my... friggin god... that is emense, like so incredibly emense that... just... WOW!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!

LONG LIVE THE SITH!!!!

I can't wait, my first toon I roll is gonna be a sith :D

We definitely need to form a TMF guild on one of the servers.

haha awesome, it better be a guild of dark side and SITH!!! :woot:

Though I too am ecstatic about this MMO, I was still disapointed when they chose to further the series like this rather than make another console game you only had to buy once. Oh well, ill just wait and see what happens, though its obvious that this MMO is going to blow starwars Galaxies MMO out of the water. Good riddance I say! Galaxies was an awesome concept, but it tanked when the developers went too far and did some add ons that made the game totally suck. I hope they dont screw up this one, since it looks like a more interesting story and setting than galaxies. Also, having Bioware on the job all but insures its going to be well done.

I'm also curious if they are continuing any portions of the KOTOR and KOTOR 2 story-lines in some fashion as 2 of those characters had striking resemblances to characters seen in those games. (If I recall... Mission Vao and Mira) Bioware combined with Lucasarts and ILM... guess I need to update my Box soon. :D

P.S. Damn, if that was Mira then it might be that she is the progenitor of the Fett bloodline... Just damn!

I'm also curious if they are continuing any portions of the KOTOR and KOTOR 2 story-lines in some fashion as 2 of those characters had striking resemblances to characters seen in those games. (If I recall... Mission Vao and Mira) Bioware combined with Lucasarts and ILM... guess I need to update my Box soon. :D

P.S. Damn, if that was Mira then it might be that she is the progenitor of the Fett bloodline... Just damn!

Nope, wasn't Mira. Its strongly hinted that it was a mandalorian commander named Cassus Fett. In the backstory and comics that are a prequel to the games, he was basically the most ruthless and genocidal of the mandalorians in the war.
Also, the MMO takes place two centuries after kotor 1, so its doubtful well see any of the old characters( Except maybe Zaalbar, since its been established in the games and numerous other place that wookies have a VERY long lifespan measured in centuries. LOL yeah, im a hopeless nerd!)

They'll probably slip in the assassin droid too.

Ditto on Galaxies

Though I too am ecstatic about this MMO, I was still disapointed when they chose to further the series like this rather than make another console game you only had to buy once. Oh well, ill just wait and see what happens, though its obvious that this MMO is going to blow starwars Galaxies MMO out of the water. Good riddance I say! Galaxies was an awesome concept, but it tanked when the developers went too far and did some add ons that made the game totally suck. I hope they dont screw up this one, since it looks like a more interesting story and setting than galaxies. Also, having Bioware on the job all but insures its going to be well done.

Though Galaxies has gone through more changes than I can count, if you have an active guild to play with, it's actually tolerable. I think where they went wrong was with the CU, and the NGE. If you ever played the game before these changes, it was a great game. Then they brought the Jedi class in, which, though was a GREAT idea, was destined for failure because everyone was going for Jedi by the end.

What the Old Republic needs to make sure of is:
1) Ensure that no one class is much more superior to another class (i.e. Jedi v. Bounty Hunter).
2) Provide as much of an exciting career path with missions (i.e. the "grind") for leveling with all classes as they would with Sith/Jedi, or
3) If they do decide to make the Jedi/Sith superior classes, then they should be able to "perma-die," i.e. the character is deleted after you die 6 or 7 times to provide balance. (note that this very action doomed Galaxies, because despite this, everyone still went for Jedi, because a single fully-leveled Jedi could take on 5 or 6 non-jedi players in PVP, and defeat them all).

I think the main lesson that the 'Old Republic' needs to learn is that EVERYONE will want to be Jedi/Sith unless they plan accordingly to provide fun and excitement for all classes. A first-hand experience here.

Though Galaxies has gone through more changes than I can count, if you have an active guild to play with, it's actually tolerable. I think where they went wrong was with the CU, and the NGE. If you ever played the game before these changes, it was a great game. Then they brought the Jedi class in, which, though was a GREAT idea, was destined for failure because everyone was going for Jedi by the end.

What the Old Republic needs to make sure of is:
1) Ensure that no one class is much more superior to another class (i.e. Jedi v. Bounty Hunter).
2) Provide as much of an exciting career path with missions (i.e. the "grind") for leveling with all classes as they would with Sith/Jedi, or
3) If they do decide to make the Jedi/Sith superior classes, then they should be able to "perma-die," i.e. the character is deleted after you die 6 or 7 times to provide balance. (note that this very action doomed Galaxies, because despite this, everyone still went for Jedi, because a single fully-leveled Jedi could take on 5 or 6 non-jedi players in PVP, and defeat them all).

I think the main lesson that the 'Old Republic' needs to learn is that EVERYONE will want to be Jedi/Sith unless they plan accordingly to provide fun and excitement for all classes. A first-hand experience here.

Thats definitely going to be the test. The non-force users will have to be packing some serious gadgets and abilities, or this game will essentially be a galaxy made primarily up of Jedi and Sithlords- very unappealing from a storyline perspective.

wow that opening intro was sick hows the gameplay i wonder?

What they also need to worry about is making the game fun. You dont want to be running around the world killing boars or cyber boars.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back