• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Strummin' With the Devil

lk70

4th Level Yellow Feather
So last week David Lee Roth was on the View. He (along with some other artists) has re-recorded some classic Van Halen tunes......COUNTRY. The album is called Strummin' With the Devil. On the show, he performed Jump. It was undoubtedly the most heinous thing I've ever heard.

You can hear clips of the album here: http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/roth_david_lee/1191974/album.jhtml

but you probably don't want to.

This has been a public service announcement.

David Lee Roth was on the VIEW???? :illogical

Man he really stuffing for money :scared:

Ya, I had the misfortune to see this trainwreck as well. He's an even bigger parody of himself than he used to be. The hair (finally) is the only thing normal on him these days...YIKES! :idontwann

XOXO

Oy! He used to be the epitome what a hot rock god should be, and I always thought had the potential to become a decent actor (really). But somewhere he became just a sad parody of himself and apprently is traveling that path even more these days. Turn around, dear David, your dedicated fans will forgive and forget, just turn around.

steph said:
Ya, The hair (finally) is the only thing normal on him these days...YIKES! :idontwann

XOXO

His hair may be more normal now, but MAN did he have hot hair way back when. I swear I would have just laid down (or bent over or hung from a harness) naked right in front of him once upon a time. Now I shudder at the thought.

steph said:
Ya, I had the misfortune to see this trainwreck as well. He's an even bigger parody of himself than he used to be. The hair (finally) is the only thing normal on him these days...YIKES! :idontwann

XOXO

i'm with you on this one. i never actually liked him.. he was cool way back when they did their first albums, and singles such as change? i think the song was called..but if you listened to some of the lyrics, like in hot for teacher, doesn't make a bit of sense..

I still agree with what Eddie Van Halen once said about David Lee Roth..........he'd make a good game show host.
I do remember seeing Van Halen back in 1979 on the "Van Halen 2" tour, one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The country album doesn't really surprise me though, Dave once did a "Vegas" tour a few years back.

Drew

TklDuo-Drew said:
The country album doesn't really surprise me though, Dave once did a "Vegas" tour a few years back.

Drew

YES! That's what his View performance was like- a bad Vegas lounge act.

I don't want to dis anyone who plays in Vegas, there are plenty of rockin' concerts out there, but a Vegas lounge act is something else again.

Noooooo!

OMFG, eddie van halen is rolling over in his grave and he isnt even dead! how DARE that overblown game show host "country-ize" anything classic van halen :xlime: . as an 80's leftover full shred guitar player, i am APALLED :wowzer: at the unmedicated audacity of mister Roth to pull something like this, eddie van halen was one of my biggest guitar heroes growing up. im turning my amp up another notch tonight just to spite david lee roth and his sensleless, evil ways. ahhh, i feel much better now, thank you for your consideration. peace..........BLUE_THUNDER

Rolling over? Hardly. I would imagine, though, Eddie was sitting in his house, laughing at the TV, right after Alex called him up and gave him a heads up about this.

Country, huh? Look. It can't possibly be any funnier than Rod Stewart recording Harry Connick and Micheal Boublet stuff. Now, THAT's awful.

You know, Van Halen was before my time, but they were a great band (Yes, even with sammy haggar), and I like country, but this sucks.

that was COUNTRY?! i thought he was destroying Van Halen through the horror of folk music. he was on Leno awhile back, performing the most heinous version of "jump" i ever did hear. depressed the crap outta me.

cloudgazer2k said:
that was COUNTRY?! i thought he was destroying Van Halen through the horror of folk music. he was on Leno awhile back, performing the most heinous version of "jump" i ever did hear. depressed the crap outta me.

Depressing is the best word for it. My god, what did he do to piss off the gods and make him such a tragedy?

BLUE_THUNDER said:
OMFG, eddie van halen is rolling over in his grave and he isnt even dead! how DARE that overblown game show host "country-ize" anything classic van halen :xlime: . as an 80's leftover full shred guitar player, i am APALLED :wowzer: at the unmedicated audacity of mister Roth to pull something like this, eddie van halen was one of my biggest guitar heroes growing up. im turning my amp up another notch tonight just to spite david lee roth and his sensleless, evil ways. ahhh, i feel much better now, thank you for your consideration. peace..........BLUE_THUNDER

Try hearing Eddie's licks on a banjo. You'll want to rupture your own ear drums.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back