• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Supreme Court to Review Internet Censorship Case

MistressValerie

TMF Expert
Supreme Court to Consider Internet Filtering

The U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on March 5 in the constitutional challenge to the Children's Internet Protection Act. A lower court struck down the law, which requires libraries receiving federal Internet subsidies to install filtering software on all computers. EPIC is co-counsel in the case and maintains a CIPA Litigation page. Also see EPIC's Filters & Freedom 2.0, a collection of essays on the free speech impact of content control technology. (Mar. 4)

http://www.epic.org

Thanks for the heads-up Valerie.

By the way, those hands in you signature are beautiful. :smilelove Not your's by any chance, are they?

Hi, and thanks, Sole Seeker -- the hands are not mine (alas) but are public domain art from Yahoo Galleries.

I also forgot to mention earlier that from 10-20% of US adults -- mostly urban poor -- obtain their primary or only Internet access from public terminals. The CIPA law claims to protect "children" but in fact limits ALL users of public terminals, regardless of age, to material suitable for young children.

Our MSN group has a copy of the complete text of the original appeals court ruling, in the "Documents" section, as a zip file of about 150kB. We will post any new development as soon as we become aware of it.

The main Internet free-speech groups are:

www.epic.org
www.eff.org
www.cdt.org

Love and liberty,

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back