• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tattoos

It's really not possible for anyone to suggest to anyone else what sort of ink they should get, that decision has to be completely personal. This is your flesh being marked for life after all.

I would like to point out, no I am not asking strangers what to get permanently inked onto myself....my command of the english language once again foils my intentions. What I am looking for is suggestions on where to place a tattoo. My concerns are: pain and ability to cover up
So I guess with the pain conern, if you have a horror story, feel free

Going on wednesday to get it

I chose my lower back. It only shows if I want people to see it. Yes, I get a lot of "tramp stamp" jokes from my guy friends. I don't give a rat's ass. It looks great and I love it. :happyfloa

I'm a huge wimp when it comes to pain but I tolerated it for an hour and a half, it takes up most of my lower back and I'm proud of myself for getting thru it. It was summertime and hot outside, I hadn't eaten and I'd put in my typical long-ass 12-hour workday but I did it!

Just do yourself a biggie and make sure it's a design you'll still love 40 years from now. Good luck!

XOXO

OK, I gotcha. First off, how big is the design you're getting, because that effects placement. Second, places to cover up are pretty easy, the only places that absolutely can't be covered are your face and hands, and I doubt you're getting it in either of those places. Stay away from your lower arms if your job or what have you would require you wearing long sleeves all the time to cover them.

Pain-wise, yeah, it hurts (this is hot ink being injected via a needle into your skin after all), but not nearly as much as some people seem to think. The best way I can describe is that it feels sort of like what your skin would feel like if you scratched pretty hard in one place for a while. The pain level also depends on where you get it, more muscle or fat means less pain, mine are on my upper arms, so they didn't hurt that bad. If it's somewhere where the bone is closer to the surface, it'll hurt more.

Also, if you haven't, shop around as far as artists go. Look at their portfolios, don't be afraid to ask questions (they're marking your flesh for life, most are amazed by how little first-timers ask).

Hope that was helpful.

My inkwork is confined to my arms and back. I may get my chest\torso done but money is the issue

Unless you have face\neck work or hand work, its easy to cover up any work done through longsleeve shirts and whatnot. As for what you want, get whatever you feel fits you, and dont bother to listen to naysayers who will go "You're getting that? blah blah blah, you're not even japanese" or whatever their argument should be, you get it for yourself, if you feel you wanna be like the many and get the traditional tribal or barbed wire work on your bicep, go at it, its for YOUR enjoyment and people who would complain about the meaning or significance are just idiots looking to act like they know more than you. Hell, i have 2 jobs on my body devoted to sports, soon to be a third i think, people have told me stupid, blah blah. I say i devote my pride to my body

edit-as for pain, everyone is different. My first 2 jobs were just a numbing buzz, i almost fell asleep, my last one hurt cuz there was alot of black filler and she kept pinching my skin with the needle but seriously, ive had craps that hurt more than gettin tattooed'. My artist even said, he has his inner lip tattoo'd and he said the one that hurt the most was some work he had done on the bottom of his toes. So everyone is diff, just the noise and the anxiety of gettin it is what hurts people most

Close to or on muscle and far away from bone. Anyplace you can imagine that your skin is pretty thin, stay away from there.

Pain - Muscle hurts least, followed by bone, then connective tissues. The ribcage is probably the worst place pain wise. Upper arm, calves and back of the shoulder are best pain wise.

Cost - Most average places will charge $100 - $125 an hour for custom work. Most also have a minimum cost, usually $50 - $80 dollars.

Covering up - Back. Easily the easiest spot to cover up. Afterwards, you may not even remember having it until you get by a mirror. Other easy places would be upper arms, upper legs and chest/ribcage.

Also, make sure the place you're going has a certificate from the health inspector. There are lots of little hole-in-the-wall places that don't pass the health code that may give you more than a tattoo.

Have fun!

Snail Shell

Only thing I can suggest is make sure you get something that means something to you. Something that's part of you that won't change anytime soon.

Yoda tattoo is cool, but when you're 60 are you still going to be saying "Do or do not. There is no try."

Maybe. Maybe not.

Well, if you're getting it Wednesday and still don't know where to put it, make sure you've thought it through entirely, found the right artist and all... Ask the professionals -- they've done tons of them. Myself, I'm hitting a tattoo convention this weekend to have a look around, assess the work of the local shops, and whatnot. Not getting the tatt yet, but doing the research to make sure when I get it done, it looks the best it can.

If you're in a rush, ask the pro doing the ink his/her thoughts. If you're not, ask several.

Not having any tattoos, I will refrain from making suggestions, but good luck with getting yours, dear Limeoutsider. :D

I have two,and wish i didnt.When someone asks me for advice i tell them to think it over very carefully,then forget about it.

Hey lime, most likely by this summer I am getting one on my calf cause its easier to conceal and i usually wear more shorts than cut off shirts..mines gonna be my tattoo honoring the firefighters who died during 9-11. When i get mine done, ill take pics and post them for ya. Best of luck with your tatty!

I agree having them in a place easily covered up is best. All of mine are easily covered up for business but I have two on my ankles, which is one the most painful places to get them as there is no fat there. I think on the upper arm is not as painful, I would think the upper back isn't too bad either. I have no horror stories to share. Good luck on wherever you get it and we want pictures.

Sandee

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back