• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Breakfast Club

Mr.Teehehe

TMF Regular
Director:

John Hughes

I normally watch more horror movies then anything else :happy: But this film is one of my all favorites. It's a classic in my book. I watch it everytime it comes on tv and i happen to get to catch it. I'll have to get this one on dvd as well i can watch this movie over and over. Great and stellar cast.

Attachments

• 51F6K5SAF8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    51F6K5SAF8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 18
amusing they modernized it for a brief moment for a clothes commercial, music and all

No idea what this movie's even about really. I think it's about kids and detention and whatnot, but no idea really. Seems like an old lovey-dovey kind of a story.
Someone please enlighten me, since from these comments I at least 'hope' I'm wrong.

in a nutshell, it's about these kids who get into detention for different reasons, each kid fits the high school stereotypes, the outcast, the nerd, the jock, the pretty girl, etc. Essentially, there's not so much about plot in this movie, but what made the movie popular was the character development as the kids learn dispite they're all different according to the labels other kids gave them, they find out they're more alike than they thought they ever were. It's highly recommended, especially if you're also an 80s affectionado

It sounds a lot like a corny kind of chick flick/ drama though. I don't know if I should just skip it or not (though not all 'chick flicks' make me wanna' gag. ;))

If the idea of teenagers transcending stereotypes through the power of movie magic offends you, by all means do not watch it. But it is a classic and I give it two thumbs up - it's right up there with St. Elmo's Fire

Hmm... think I might, since old movies tend to be some of the best.
And just what is St. Elmo's Fire?

Hmm... think I might, since old movies tend to be some of the best.
And just what is St. Elmo's Fire?

I just looked it up on the Internet Movie Database website imdb.com

And St.Elmo's Fire does sound alot like The Breakfast Club

I have not seen St.Elmo's Fire but now i'm going to have to thank you blackmagicjack

St. Elmo's Fire

Seven friends fresh out of Georgetown University struggle to overcome the issues that keep them from growing up and moving on past their College glory days

Director:

Joel Schumacher

No idea what this movie's even about really. I think it's about kids and detention and whatnot, but no idea really. Seems like an old lovey-dovey kind of a story.
Someone please enlighten me, since from these comments I at least 'hope' I'm wrong.

eeks...old??? sighs...o hon you make me feel old..i remember when the movie first came out...the ads on tv, the video by that group hmm

i never liked the movie myself...ducks from flying objects..:redface:

St. Elmo's Fire is a electrical discharge that would appear shooting off the masts of ships at see during a thunderstorm. It can also occur off of lightning rods or aircraft wings.

Oh, you meant the movie??? :teehee:

eeks...old??? sighs...o hon you make me feel old..i remember when the movie first came out...the ads on tv, the video by that group hmm

i never liked the movie myself...ducks from flying objects..:redface:

Sorry. :( Didn't mean too. I'm just fairly ignorant, you can just chalk it up to that.
And... should I see St. Elmo's Fire or Breakfast Club first, if they're both kind of similar?

St. Elmo's Fire is a electrical discharge that would appear shooting off the masts of ships at see during a thunderstorm. It can also occur off of lightning rods or aircraft wings.

Oh, you meant the movie??? :teehee:

Crap! You beat me to that one! I thought the same thing when I read the question. :p

omg! breakfast club is one of the best movies ever! another one of my favs. thats comparable to it is Dazed and Confused. woot!

I want my two dollars!!
(not the The Breakfast Club but another good one)
I grew up on those 80's Brat Pack movies, great stuff. But anyway, I loved the Breakfast Club. It's not just all lovey dovey stuff its a comedy too. I would say its more comedy than romance.

Last edited:
Sorry. :( Didn't mean too. I'm just fairly ignorant, you can just chalk it up to that.
And... should I see St. Elmo's Fire or Breakfast Club first, if they're both kind of similar?

they both sucked....

see Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink...

Mel, you keep talking smack about Breakfast Club and see how much trouble you get into. :cross:

Thank you for all of your opinions; I'll take them all into account on which movies I should watch. ;) :p
And if anyone wants to watch any of these www.watch-movies.net is a really good site. It's NOT downloading movies, which isn't allowed, just watching streaming movies - bending the rules a bit. ;) Like counting cards, not illegal, though not wanted at all. :happy:

No army. Just my ten buddies. *wiggles fingers menacingly* ;)

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back