• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The discussion thread.

cassandra1

TMF Master
As you know, the old discussion thread is gone. This is the new thread where we post OOC discussions if we have any.

I already informed Rachel, but this is for you Orion, i won't be (re)posting until after Monday. Voting + exams and all that 'fun stuff'.

Would it be cool if I created another character, since Rachel and Orion are pretty much in limbo until Vegeta posts?

Hmm i think i'll be able to squeeze in a post. Exams are almost over. Next week thursday my last one.
But it may be a good idea to multichar.
I was asked by another player to branch out too. It'll fill up charslots somewhat.

Do i need to rewrite my last post or did you guys get that before things went screwey on the forum?

Ack well thursday last exam. I'll get us going afterwards. Feel free to post suggestions here.
I'll make a recap of what i did and the situation.
-___-; What were the names of all the npc's i introduced?

Hi,

I have been monitoring this thread for a while, and I wonder where might I go to join? I can't find the place to put my profile for the game.

Ignoring the spam in the post just above yours, the thread seems to have died again.
It's difficult to find players committed enough to post regularly, and then those that do end up losing interest because of slow pace, etc.

I could see who of the previous constituents are still playing, if you don't want to PM them yourself, but chances are I won't hear from them.

Hmm this forum seems to need a bit different formula of role play. From what I see and hear this one just can't get and keep good flow. There are users from all over the world, for many of them English is not a first language and it might be hard to get into this.
But there are many people interested in role play around here, it's enough to look how big is Tickle Fight thread, and what is going on on chat often.

Last edited:
We could always hit the reset button and reboot or start up an entirely new (or similar) setting. There seems to be enough people here interested in doing a role play of some sort, so why the hell not?

It's worth a try, but we would need a new formula I think because there were few tries and every sooner or later stopped after a bumpy road.

From what I've noticed the snag with most RPs around here is that few players can move the story forward. There's a vivid setting, but the tickling is often done when there's a lull in the story, leaving it as a sort of diversion before things pick up again. And since very few players choose to be antagonists and drive the story onward it gets stuck waiting for time to pass. If you want a RP to continue smoothly you'll need one that has a balance of character motivations and a goal for players to work towards.

^That, and there tends to be a disjunction between post regularity and other player's patience. There's also the issue of a lack of etiquette among players, in that people leave without saying anything, so the story dies waiting for a post from someone who lost interest and didn't bother to tell anyone so that retroactive adjustments could be made.

Honestly? The issue time and time again seems to be a lack of talented players, or at the very least people who cared enough about the narrative to help move it. It was like trying to pedal a tandem bicycle, but the person behind you has his feet up on the handlebars while you do all the work.

Which means we need a system and setting that will deal with three major problems as I see it.
1) Disappearing players
2) No antagonists.
3) Seldom tickles
On first instinct I would say that GM is kind of a default antagonist and that would be one way to do that. The only other things I can think of after consulting with my brother (he's more experienced then I am) is setting people in camps that have conflicting businesses with each other. That's other way to create antagonist so everyone feel ok. And basing interaction on NPC's with player's cameo. In other way you can loose good few players because they were deep in interaction with other player that has gone missing.
Or maybe going more with new wave and jeepform giving everyone some GMing power with a moderator. But this would need someone smarter then me to tweak. Could work better I think I'm just not sure if people would be easy to convince to that.
Third is easiest to deal with. Just create an important in game mechanic based at tickling. Like mages generating mana by being tickled, making it some holiday tradition, or something like that.

Which means we need a system and setting that will deal with three major problems as I see it.
1) Disappearing players
2) No antagonists.
3) Seldom tickles

So we should make some ground rules. I propose these:

# 1) You have three days to respond a post. Failure to do so will result in the GM resolving the situation you're in for you and move on without you.

# 2) Be a team player. Characters with no other intentions than making life difficult for the rest of the players will result in that character's death/banishment from the realm/polymorph into a lump of dung. Going by a three strikes you're out rule works best here; if you're out of line, get a warning from the GM. If you still persist, the GM will tell you what will happen to you if you continue down that path. If you fail to heed the first two warnings, well you kinda deserve what's coming to you.

# 3) Have a time limit on downtime, for example: The party stops to rest for the night after a long day's travel across the plains. They set up camp, have dinner, then people are free to do as they please for the rest of the night. Things to keep in mind is your character's body needs rest, otherwise they'll be having a tough time rolling out in the mourning and be miserable through the next day's travels. As a player, try to keep a sensible time frame in mind for how long you wish to partake in debauchery. As a GM, if you feel players are focusing too much on downtime, encourage them to continue their RP through PM and try to move on with the story.

Do these sound okay to you guys? Is there anything else you think we should add?

1) I think it's a fast way to loosing most of the players. Yea it's a neat rule, but similar we're in all role plays and finally all of them fallen sooner or later. Nature of players is not something you can change easily, but you can work around that.
2) Lack of antagonists is a problem, not other way round. Good story needs a conflict. It is possible to crate an RP where players are team, but then game master needs to run antagonists. It is one of solutions I suggested.
3) Hmm I don't see what this have in common with a problem. Tickling shouldn't be the way to pad downtime. It should be in centre of action. Otherwise problem number 3 occurs.

Rule # 1 is designed to encourage commitment to RPing. The trick is to find a time span that's both reasonable and not too long so the game drags. Of course, there can be exceptions, all one has to do is let somebody know they're going to take X amount of time because of varying circumstances. Also, simply because a situation has been resolved doesn't necessarily mean the character has dropped out entirely. You can always work your way back into the story. From my personal experience, I've done role playing locally with my close group of friends. That required me to set aside one day a week where we would gather and play. If for some reason I couldn't make it, the game still went on without me. This rule would be no different. You just need to get caught back up on events.

Rule # 2's sole purpose is to counteract player controlled antagonists, leaving that duty for the GM just like you said, so I don't really understand what you're criticizing here.

Rule # 3, Of course tickling can be the main focus of a campaign, I didn't say it couldn't. What I was getting at was to prevent character interaction from getting too carried away, for those times when it's clearly interfering with the progress of the story.

1) I misunderstood you there. In it's core it's obvious that if you want to play you need to play.
2) Because it was suggested some time ago and idea of GM controlled antagonist was very criticised. Don't ask me why I think it's optimal way of doing things too.
3) We can deal with it when, or if it starts to be a problem.
Sorry if I sounded harsh last post. I'm sick and it makes me cranky.

So if we have that do we start a new game? We would need a GM, setting, and information in other parts of forum, couse seriously rarely anyone checks out this part of the forum.

One question I would have regarding antagonists vis-à-vis players and GMs is what happens if a player wants to be bad? Would they have the option of working alongside the GM, or is that simply not an option players can take?

That also sounds reasonable, but they really need to be an experienced player. The problem I've encountered the most is most players I've played with didn't know how to properly handle being an antagonist and would often use meta-knowledge against the party. Another problem I've had is sore-loserness and them having too much of a me-vs-them attitude. Being an antagonist, it's inevitable that toes are going to be stepped on and there's always the possibility that you might die.

That being said, it can work out and I've seen it properly done. It can be rewarding if it's done right; my only beef is my bad experiences far out weigh the good.

Good, bad, those don't have to be absolutes. Someone can just work for the other side, or even lead them, be a spy or a wild card. Those are usually a legitimate types of heroes for the story. Depends only on the setting and story.
Wouldn't work with tickle apocalypse where demons hunt humans and tickle them into submission. But would be ok for a cold war intelligence conflict.

Wow, if there's a genuine interest in this thing, I'd gladly put some of my weight behind it. I also have moderator access to the RP forum, so I can do the weeding first hand without having to work through someone like I did in the previous game via Carnivore.

I will request that the story and play-style I've designed in Aygomen Glenn to persist, however. It's a well-written game, and though it may be a bit unfamiliar to some of you, I think if you'll give it a chance, I can remedy all of the usual RP problems, including lack of tickling, a gunky story, and endless stretches of narrative inactivity.

In regard to the issue that has been addressed regarding imposing a three day limit on post reply, relative to the turn order; That sounds like a promising mechanic. However, in my experience the last post would usually be mine, making some small edition to the narrative, and writing around the inactivity of the player so that the next character could take their turn. Eventually someone will jump in and try to start another plot line, but having to jump from scenario to scenario without any sort of conflict resolution or on-going maintenance of unresolved circumstances makes the entire thing just seem random, and eventually boring.

The play style I'm trying to design though requires a minimum of 5 players, that way there can always be a loose end to occupy with a GM-generated NPC for the purposes of progressing the narrative. If I'm to be an antagonist, I'd like the necessary devices to do it properly.

Good, bad, those don't have to be absolutes. Someone can just work for the other side, or even lead them, be a spy or a wild card. Those are usually a legitimate types of heroes for the story. Depends only on the setting and story.
Wouldn't work with tickle apocalypse where demons hunt humans and tickle them into submission. But would be ok for a cold war intelligence conflict.

I was more arguing the "me vs them" aspect of it. I've seen it get carried away to the point where neither party is having fun. I completely get the whole moral grey area implication and think it makes for good story telling, my problem lies with others who DON'T.

Wow, if there's a genuine interest in this thing, I'd gladly put some of my weight behind it. I also have moderator access to the RP forum, so I can do the weeding first hand without having to work through someone like I did in the previous game via Carnivore.

I will request that the story and play-style I've designed in Aygomen Glenn to persist, however. It's a well-written game, and though it may be a bit unfamiliar to some of you, I think if you'll give it a chance, I can remedy all of the usual RP problems, including lack of tickling, a gunky story, and endless stretches of narrative inactivity.

In regard to the issue that has been addressed regarding imposing a three day limit on post reply, relative to the turn order; That sounds like a promising mechanic. However, in my experience the last post would usually be mine, making some small edition to the narrative, and writing around the inactivity of the player so that the next character could take their turn. Eventually someone will jump in and try to start another plot line, but having to jump from scenario to scenario without any sort of conflict resolution or on-going maintenance of unresolved circumstances makes the entire thing just seem random, and eventually boring.

The play style I'm trying to design though requires a minimum of 5 players, that way there can always be a loose end to occupy with a GM-generated NPC for the purposes of progressing the narrative. If I'm to be an antagonist, I'd like the necessary devices to do it properly.

Whatever works for you, man! I'm down for playing.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back