• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Greatest(comic) Arch-Nemesis...

Difficult to argue with that statement. Lex Luthor would rank right up there as well.

Wizard magazine online did a ranking of the 100 best comic villains of all time. Joker was #2 to Magneto. After reading their argument to why, I'd have to agree.

SS

Hello,

If Manga/Anime is included I'd say Johan Liebert from Monster; he is similar to Joker except he is just evil for evil's sake.

Legato Bluesummers from Trigun is number 1.5 in my book lol.

Thanks,
K

HA! Fools! Doom is second to NO ONE!!!

DoctorDoom.jpg

I think this is the article he was referring to...

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html

Yup. That's the one. I read their reasoning for putting Magneto over Joker, and I agree. While the Joker is far more iconic and recognizable to non-comic book fans, whenever he gets out, he causes havok, makes a bunch of bad jokes, gets thrown back in jail and the whole cycle starts all over again. Rarely changes.

Magneto has such a deeper characterization and personal history. He's a criminal, a warmonger, a zealot for mutantkind, a heartbroken husband and father, and Professor X's best friend. As entertaining a villain as the Joker is, Magneto is far more flexible and versatile a character than the Joker could ever be.

SS

Yup. That's the one. I read their reasoning for putting Magneto over Joker, and I agree. While the Joker is far more iconic and recognizable to non-comic book fans, whenever he gets out, he causes havok, makes a bunch of bad jokes, gets thrown back in jail and the whole cycle starts all over again. Rarely changes.

Magneto has such a deeper characterization and personal history. He's a criminal, a warmonger, a zealot for mutantkind, a heartbroken husband and father, and Professor X's best friend. As entertaining a villain as the Joker is, Magneto is far more flexible and versatile a character than the Joker could ever be.

SS

Depends on the writers but for most part I agree. The graphic novel entitled, "Joker" however gives him more depth than I usually come across. As a side, the depiction of Harley in Joker is hands down. The. Best.

IMO. :)

That's true. Brian Azzarello wrote the Joker as more of an unhinged mob boss, which gave the character a lot more depth than he usually gets. It's a terrific read.

SS

I think for me personally it would have to be Lucifer Morningstar. Anyone here read the series?

So this thread was just limited to Marvel and DC comics, my bad.

Thanks,
K

I could be wrong , but I don't think the intent of the OP was to limit the thread strictly to just Marvel & DC antagonists. It's just kinda turned out that way.

Exactly who I had in mind!

Seeing as how it was your day to have our shared brain , I'm not surprised.

Doom sucks. :p

You suck. :p

Herr Starr needs to be on this list:

87983-187539-starr_super.jpg

I'd say the Joker definitely takes number one, with Doc Ock at number two, Lex Luthor at number three and Mr. Mxyzptlk at number four!

I love it! When he's not trying to destroy half of all life in the universe to appease Mistress Death, Thanos still finds time to push kids over, call them names, and take their stuff. I ask you, is Thanos a universal threat of the highest order, or a classic school yard bully??

I love it! When he's not trying to destroy half of all life in the universe to appease Mistress Death, Thanos still finds time to push kids over, call them names, and take their stuff. I ask you, is Thanos a universal threat of the highest order, or a classic school yard bully??

Hard to say.

In the end , though , I simply dig any cosmic villian piloting a helicopter w/his name emblazoned on it :

Iron_Man_55.jpg

Hard to say.

In the end , though , I simply dig any cosmic villian piloting a helicopter w/his name emblazoned on it :

Iron_Man_55.jpg

Wait, what?

The Thanos-copter? Where the blue hell did that come from?? His name emblazoned on the side AND room for one! I freakin' adore it!

And he says, "Drat!" Not enough supervillains do that.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back