• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The joys of cable internet

TicklingDuo

3rd Level Yellow Feather
We've recently switched over to cable from AOL. Wow! What a difference! The other day, I DLed a 30meg clip and it took about 2 1/2 minutes. On AOL, it took me longer than that to DL a 300K clip. The 30meg one would have taken hours. If you aren't on cable yet and enjoy clips, I highly recommend the switch.

The only drawback I'm seeing so far is the inability to hotlink images for our posts. But, hey! Where there's a will there's a way. I'll figure something out. In the meantime, we're getting set to start putting some goodies up in our yahoo group and working on changing coding and graphics locations on our site. So, that should keep us busy for a bit.

For those who haven't already noted the fact, our switch to cable also means a change in our e-mail address (as seen below). So, if you need to reach us for anything, the old AOL account is no longer active. Feel free to write us at the new one or IM me at "TicklingDuo Ann"

Ann

ahhhhh the giddiness one feels after getting a high speed connection..i remember it well. i went from aol...(gasp...hack..blah) to dsl from mindspring...then they merged with earthlink...all in all i think i prefer having dsl over cable because less chance of phone lines going down than a cable line..but all in all..i'm sure you will be increasingly happy you switched to cable....however i sometimes run into slow periods due to many users on the same time i am using the same redback. so you may have chosen better than me. i have learned the phrase...@#$%#!@ earthlink and bellsouth...heh...the only downside is mail and newsgroups were easier to access on aol...their only saving grace.

Ann: Cable is the only way to go

What amazes me is that for the price of a dial up phone line, (in my area it is around $22.00 month) and then needing a monthly ISP (in my area it is around $12,00 -15.00 month), I can use my cable company for $30.00 month. I have checked my download speed on line, and I usually run around 700-900. When the internet and cable system is very busy I run around 300. When the internet and cable system is very inactive I can reach over 1000. Compared to 56 which usually means 20-30 how can anybody continue with dial up. Some people may find their cable company slightly higher than the combined costs of phone line and ISP, but the speed difference is incredible. My home page, Yahoo, is INSTANTEOUS. Until DSL gets into my area, cable is for me.

Prime...We had actually looked at getting DSL. SInce we're in the middle of a condo unit, we aren't close enough to the street to get it. That's why we ended up with cable.

Mysterytic...It's considerably more expensive here. We pay $45.95 for cable access. AOL on a standard dial-up was $27.95. So, it's nearly twice the cost. What surprised me was that the cable is less than the DSL would have been...$60.00.

It took them 5 weeks to get us up and running because of an entry error at their office. It wasn't until a top level tech came out and noticed that he had different numbers on his paperwork than what was on their system that they got it going. Five minutes later, we were ready to roll. The nice thing is that, in the process of being on the phone and walked through things by their techs several times and paying attention to the techs who were here, I'm now able to troubleshoot things for myself for the most part.

Ann

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back