• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The latest History Channel bombs.

Bugman

Verified
Top Shot. A bunch of people running around firing various weapons and blowing things up. Yawn.

Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy. I find him incredibly annoying. This show has potential but in my never to be humble opinion a different host would be a must.

If anyone here likes these shows that's great, enjoy. We all like what we like. :)

Last edited:
I agree with you Bugman. Actually, I would like to see a goth rocker like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson host the show, might be more interesting. Or, maybe the girls from MTV The Hills.

History Channel is in the entertainment business now, and not informational or educational material anymore.

What drives me nuts it lately all the actual history stuff seems to be either bible stories or WW2. There have been other things that have happened that are in my opinion more interesting. The WW2 stuff isn't bad but I can only take so much of it.

I totally agree with you about Larry the Cable Guy. I have no clue what they were thinking with that one.

I agree with you Bugman. Actually, I would like to see a goth rocker like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson host the show, might be more interesting. Or, maybe the girls from MTV The Hills.

I know who Cooper and Manson are..as for hosting the show? I can't see it. I've never heard of The Hills from MTV so I can't comment. I don't have a viable replacement in mind at the moment. And it's not going to happen anyway as long as the ratings hold up.

History Channel is in the entertainment business now, and not informational or educational material anymore.

They still have some good programs. Pawn Stars and American Pickers are both entertaning and educational. Today they are featuring a series on presidential history in honor of Presidents Day.

What drives me nuts it lately all the actual history stuff seems to be either bible stories or WW2. There have been other things that have happened that are in my opinion more interesting. The WW2 stuff isn't bad but I can only take so much of it.

My father and one of my uncles served in WWII and I'm a military history buff anyway so I like those programs. But even there a little more variety would be welcome.

As for the Bible stuff, with you all the way. If I see one more show about The Davinci Code I will set my hair on fire. Or change the channel. ;)

Haha see I don't mind the WW2 stuff it just seems to be over loaded with it. What they do show is interesting but it just seems to be the same program over and over. I'd actually be interested in a show that breaks down the tactics and strategies of some of them most no battles through out history. To me would be kinda cool.

I know who Cooper and Manson are..as for hosting the show? I can't see it. I've never heard of The Hills from MTV so I can't comment. I don't have a viable replacement in mind at the moment. And it's not going to happen anyway as long as the ratings hold up.

They still have some good programs. Pawn Stars and American Pickers are both entertaning and educational. Today they are featuring a series on presidential history in honor of Presidents Day.

Enjoy Pawn Stars myself.

Haha see I don't mind the WW2 stuff it just seems to be over loaded with it. What they do show is interesting but it just seems to be the same program over and over. I'd actually be interested in a show that breaks down the tactics and strategies of some of them most no battles through out history. To me would be kinda cool.

Yes, the History Channel is often overrun with..reruns. Which is sad. But, it is much cheaper to do that then produce or purchase origional programs. And it won't change so long as they can sell advertising time.

I personally like colonial history or 1800s american history, as well as medieval times world history. It seems like the history channel stations on cable only offer WWII and military history. It is not the least bit entertaining to someone such as myself who isn't much into war tactics. I wonder if there are pay history channels that offer better stuff?

And it won't change so long as they can sell advertising time.

Hmm. I work at scheduling that sold advertising time. I wish there was an actual way to mess around with what's aired. Sadly it would have to be the national people and not me that would have any real impact.

This is very important to understand....The History Channel is doing all of human kind a great, great public service by showing Larry the Cable Guy and other horrid shows when they do.

For those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

So, this is to remind us WHY we don't want shows like this EVER again.

If only they would move Jersey Shore, 30 Rock, Dancing with the Stars and anything to do with CBS's comedy line-up to the History Channel so we don't repeat those same mistakes as a species as well.

Rob

This is very important to understand....The History Channel is doing all of human kind a great, great public service by showing Larry the Cable Guy and other horrid shows when they do.

If only they would move Jersey Shore, 30 Rock, Dancing with the Stars and anything to do with CBS's comedy line-up to the History Channel so we don't repeat those same mistakes as a species as well.

Rob

Rob,

We will always repeat the samething, recall the A-Team show from the eighties... Now, they have a modern movie. Originality is so blissful.

Rob

Robert Dearest wins a cookie for having made Knockadoo laugh today.

Half the shows there are questionably history shows at all (Ice Road truckers, c'mon!) and the other half are about WW2. WW2 is interesting but it's not the only thing that ever happened! I knew the day they had run out of ideas. After showing a million shows on volcanoes, disasters and 9/11 and hardly anything else they had a show where they compared 9/11 to the eruption of Mt.Vesuvius. I knew then they had completely run out of any new ideas.

History channel drives me crazy lately. "Ancient Aliens!" "Bible Codes!" "Larry The Cable Guy!" Really, History Channel? That's the best you can do? How about some, oh I don't know, history?

Looks like they've fallen prey to the iron law of capitalism, where they have to offer what the market will support - which, it turns out, is Jersey Shore and Larry the Cable Guy.

I am perplexed as to why Larry The Cable Guy is on the History Channel. I don't . . . why? Why would they put him on there?

Larry The Cable Guy is no Charles Kuralt.

I've only watched one episode from Larry's travels and with him being a comedian, I guess that is the view that we're going to get.

I wouldn't care if they axed "Ax Men".

Dude, I am pretty much in agreement with all that is said here!

Yeah, World War 2 does get boring. I mean, yeah, it's an important historical conflict, but not the only one, nor was it the only global conflict. Hardly anything on Civil Rights era..

I don’t care what other shows they put on as long as I can watch alligators being shot at point blank range while tethered by a 25/0 fish hook in its throat, several times a week.

My wife also says I get cranky if I go too long without seeing trees getting chopped down. Who can get enough of that?!!!

i agree ice road,axmen, even swamp people (and tony that is the funniest thing i have ever read on the forum.....) are not history.... remember the good ole days when we use to have like battlefield detectives or studys on rome that was awesome.... have to give it to pickers and pawn stars entertaining and educational(historical wise). that new shore with the restoration shows promise. and america the story of us was great
they should build off that

But Larry is an American Icon!

Larry_The_Cableguy__Git_R_Done_by_AngryDogDesigns.png

I personally like colonial history or 1800s american history, as well as medieval times world history. It seems like the history channel stations on cable only offer WWII and military history. It is not the least bit entertaining to someone such as myself who isn't much into war tactics. I wonder if there are pay history channels that offer better stuff?
I love military history, however, I completely understand. I would love to see some programs on early American explorers like The corps of Discovery, the US Exploring Expedition, etc.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back