• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The shippyshippy photography thread

shippyshippy

TMF Master
Hey, gang. I am a photographer by trade and hobby, and I plan on posting a bunch of random frames that I take throughout the days. I'll try to set the scene for the shots if I can. Have fun!

Gmb2nRO.jpg

This image came from a shoot I had for a project at a local school. The Christ baby's "Sup? Peace." look attracted me to take a photo. Nothing crazy, just a speedlight mounted to the top of my camera pointed straight up at the ceiling for a bounce.

Attachments

• christbaby.jpg
    christbaby.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This photo was taken at a community garden in rural southwest Iowa. The umbrellas were more fashionable than functional, as the afternoon's rain dripped through them and onto me as I shot up at them. I enjoy the vibrant colors over the silhouetted trellis frame.

MwejuAM.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the super blood moon we experienced last year. Tripod mounted camera in my front yard. I forget how long the exposures were. ~1 second, I think.

7VyHKft.jpg

Last edited:
Ah! A fine winter sunset in Avoca, Iowa. I'm still learning how to make my landscapes look more dynamic through different methods, but with a scene like this, just a little composition and exposure will go a long way.

eZyUant.jpg

Here's another Iowa countryside landscape. I was driving uphill and on a gravel road and this beautiful sky caught my eye. I wanted to get some of the country-ish landmarks in the frame, but make most of it about the sky. Nothing crazy done in Photoshop except bringing the exposure down to give more of a silhouette effect to the road. Boost some contrast and clarity, a little vibrance, to make the sky pop.

VaoJkvD.jpg

WOW. Cool stuff. I am a sort of amateur photographer. I say sort of since I do use/incorporate the pictures into my art and graphics. I am learning more from my friend who has been doing it for a lot of years. I usually concentrate more on the macro side of things and mostly nature. I love your stuff though great pictures, beautifully framed. :) As we say in So Cal. Most excellent dude.

That means a lot! I really appreciate your thoughts. It's been a busy couple of days, but I plan on uploading plenty more frames.

Stay tuned! And if you have any general questions about photography, I'd be happy to at least listen and try to help out. I'm by no means a total pro, but I'm out in the shit 5-6 days a week shooting lots of different subjects, so I should be able to at least provide insight on different issues.

Take care!

That means a lot! I really appreciate your thoughts. It's been a busy couple of days, but I plan on uploading plenty more frames.

Stay tuned! And if you have any general questions about photography, I'd be happy to at least listen and try to help out. I'm by no means a total pro, but I'm out in the shit 5-6 days a week shooting lots of different subjects, so I should be able to at least provide insight on different issues.

Take care!

Thanks. :ty: I usually do mainly Macro Photography. Pictures of flowers and minerals and crystals and such. Although if a good landscape or telephoto picture shows up I like to take those as well. So I am trying to have a variety of lenses.... of course that depends a lot on what I can afford. LOL

I look forward to your other pictures. :excited: Thanks for sharing them :ty:

Yeah, I've spent tons on gear and luckily have a nice arsenal provided from my job.

I have a good friend who is an expert insect photographer. He's all about macro shooting!

Great stuff! I really love the shot of the moon at night :)

I appreciate your enjoyment! That was a fun night running around my yard trying to get in the best position; but the whole time the moon was moving, of course. Adding those trees to the frame fills the space nicely, IMO.

I'm slacking on updates, which I will rectify today.

Okay, since it's been a few days since I posted in here, I figured I would put up a really special shot (IMO). NYE fireworks over downtown Omaha, shot just this past holiday season. Tripod mounted, long exposures to capture that sweet, sweet color and burst.

ARh4Eol.jpg

Yeah, I've spent tons on gear and luckily have a nice arsenal provided from my job.

I have a good friend who is an expert insect photographer. He's all about macro shooting!

Yea I spent a lot too. I hoping to make some of it back by selling stuff. I want to get a full frame DSLR.

Insect photography is cool. I have done some, mainly honey bees. They are easy cause they are usually too busy stuffing their faces to notice me or my camera LOL. I heard canon has a lens that is like a microscope and someone took a picture of an ant with it and saw the ant had parasites on it. Way cool. To see bugs on a bug. WOW.

Okay, since it's been a few days since I posted in here, I figured I would put up a really special shot (IMO). NYE fireworks over downtown Omaha, shot just this past holiday season. Tripod mounted, long exposures to capture that sweet, sweet color and burst.

ARh4Eol.jpg

Beautiful shot. Fireworks are hard to do. :thumbsup:

Here's a pretty dog I found in New Orleans this past February during Madri Gras. Telephoto lens was used to create a nice, colorful, blurry background to put those focus on this lovely pup. I am, by FAR, a cat person, but this dog was pretty nice and cute as heck.

ZzZTmbn.jpg

Last edited:
This shot is of some of the hustle and bustle inside the Atlanta airport before flying out to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I dialed the shutter speed down to, like, 1/10 of a second to blur the motion of people walking by as the woman in the background is checking her phone while waiting for a flight. I'm all about the blur motion!

cbAjjH0.jpg

I'll keep the New Orleans photos coming. Here's one of many photos I took of some random bead chuckers during on of the numerous parades I saw.

kSLq7vb.jpg

It wouldn't be a New Orleans trip without a crawfish boil, right? I love their cute, little eyes.

1g02DB8.jpg

kurch, I'll be getting my macro on today. Or somewhat macro, haha. I just got booked for a shoot at a dissection club's meeting. I have no idea what they are dissecting, but I'm gonna get up in those guts! I'll be sure to post a photo from the event.

It was a busy day, but this shot wasn't from today. I took this about two years ago on private land in Iowa. The beekeeper was a wacky old man that took me on a terrifying ATV ride to the hives. The bees weren't scary, though, haha. Nothing wild going on here, photo strategy-wise. High noon sunlight killing my BUZZ, brah!

Gr7SpBV.jpg

kurch, I'll be getting my macro on today. Or somewhat macro, haha. I just got booked for a shoot at a dissection club's meeting. I have no idea what they are dissecting, but I'm gonna get up in those guts! I'll be sure to post a photo from the event.

I have found from my somewhat limited experience that good macro depends on what you are looking at. Sometimes you be so close to something that you lose all the detail and it just looks like a monotone blob. Being close to something is only good if there is something to see. Like the ant with the parasites on it. So I do believe there is a semi macro. Where you are close enough to see something up close but so close where it doesnt look like much of anything. In that regard I use a 24mm pancake lens for the canon (only a 150 dollars) and it does great pictures of rocks and flowers, its not a macro lens per se more like a portrait lens but the pictures are great.

It was a busy day, but this shot wasn't from today. I took this about two years ago on private land in Iowa. The beekeeper was a wacky old man that took me on a terrifying ATV ride to the hives. The bees weren't scary, though, haha. Nothing wild going on here, photo strategy-wise. High noon sunlight killing my BUZZ, brah!

Gr7SpBV.jpg

Great picture. I love honeybees. :wub: Great example of the semi macro thing I was saying. :)

The semi-macro approach can be a fine way to set a scene in a shot! Detail shots are important in visual storytelling.

Summah is upon us, so here's a photo from some cover band playing a 4th of July street party a couple of years ago. Flag backdrop, baby!

SzhZfCU.jpg

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back