• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thoughts on Sony's decision to take Spiderman out of the MCU?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
Like the title, says, thoughts on this? Personally I think a 50/50 split of the profits is reasonable as Disney is apparently doing a lot of the work for Tom Holland's movies in the MCU. Apparently Sony didn't want to renegotiate the contract and both companies may have dropped the proverbial "golden goose". The Infinity Crisis saga Was Tony Stark's saga I feel and Tom's Spiderman was supposed to take over where Robert's Tony Stark left off. I'm hoping both parties come back to the table as I really loved Far From Home. :(

50/50 is reasonable from Disney's point of view, because they'd be putting up half the money and doing half the work. But Spiderman is one of Sony's most valuable properties, so it would be like someone coming to Disney and saying "We're going to pay half the production cost of Star Wars, and in exchange you split the profits with us."

Thanks, but no thanks, we'd rather just pay for our own movie and keep the profits.

The deal was definitely in need of renegotiation because Disney was only getting 5% of first-day profits - but asking to become a full co-producer was, in my opinion, too big of a bite. And Sony is claiming that they tried to find a reasonable counter-position but Disney wouldn't budge.

At this point, what is Disney really bringing to the table that would make them deserving of that? What does Tom Holland's Spiderman gain from his association with the Marvelverse? They did a lot for the franchise at the beginning, especially since Sony needed to recover from having prematurely rebooted the series with The Amazing Spiderman. Marvel was able to legitemize it in a way that would have been impossible for Sony to do on their own.

But two movies later, it's now an established franchise. They don't need Disney's help to promote the movie, it's just a nice and cool thing for the fans. But since they don't need the financial help on the front end, there's no way they're going to cut their profits in half on the back end.

And in my opinion they're completely justified in feeling that way.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back