• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickle Joke

Isn't a Spinal Tap a wrestling move or something? :confused:

hm

Great joke, seems really familiar.

Also, on the religion... I wonder if I am the only one that, whenever I hear anything about religion, I immediately think of the priests getting happy with the kids in boston and stuff.

Oh well.

hey Dave

are you sure you were in hell? Maybe is was halloween in heaven or something because that dont sound like hell.

Yeah... actually for the joke, by pure coincidence I heard the same joke (but without the tickling bent) 2 days ago... big da ja vu here (or however you spell it)

And on the religion thing, to Drago69... unfortuantely most of what people will hear about will always be the bad side of something. As with any group there will always be a wide range of characters, good, bad and just plain normal... its just that you only really hear about the bad stuff like the sex offenders, extreemist and the holy wars of old... not about the people you go to school and work with everyday.

On the huge debate thing... personally I'm a christian myself (though I'm not religious... different story) and even though I sometimes (affectionatly) call this tickling thing my 'evil' side... I know its just my way of being playful. And how I muck around with my friends wouldn't really concern god in the slightest (as far I believe at least).

Marauder's wonderful theological exposition

Hmm....Lets See here

....."You should consider looking into some other religion-you know, maybe one that's not based on fear and ignorance and suppression..... Do you know that 'hell' is a concept not originally found in the bible? It describes what we think of as a fiery inferno merely as 'the place from where god is unreachable'.....Once the endtime comes, all the unworthy souls will be destroyed ('cast into a lake of fire'), no eternal suffering, just quick incineration. See? It's all the matter of people listening to willful misenterpretations by greedy priests rather than carefully studying the texts they claim to believe in".....

Wow..i dont think i have ever heard such an ignorant, incomplete, and downright foolish assessment of Christianity. Based on fear and ignorance? Interesting accusation but totally unfounded...(unless of course you are a student of theology and have taken time to study these things that you so readily denegrate) Perhaps you would like to give some examples of this or are mindless generalities more satisfying? The concept of hell not found in the bible? What bible have you been reading..the hebrew word Sheol-translated hell in old english- occurs sixty-five times in the old testament alone. (of course hell is a loaded term that means different things to different people but the concept is certainly in the bible) And i would challenge you to explain your interpretation of some of the texts you claim to have read. Perhaps it was merely your ad homonim attacks on priests in general that annoy me or maybe just you unnecessarily vicious tone directed at people who believe differently than you do, but for every one corrupt priest out there (and of course there are many) there are probably 50 that live to help people, serve in their communities, and do what they can to make life better for the less fortunate (no im not catholic...but i do know some good priests) So perhaps it would be more appropriate if you spoke in specifics about certain individuals, certain actions, and certain ideas, rather than ignorantly painting with such a broad brush. You see...rather than call all athiests ignorant because i dont agree with them i focused only on you and your claims. Clear thinking isnt so hard once you get the hang of it.

P.S. Tickling is damn sure not a sin i think and is a hell of a lot of fun (pun intended). Now..let the flaming begin.

Hey, just an interesting fact I've managed to pick up...

If the comment about fear and suppression was in reference to the "damnation of your mortal soul to the darkest depths of lucifers firey dominion" (just a little dramatic version of saying hell)... did you actually know that almost every religion has a hell of some sort? As far as I know, the closest you get is the 'new age philosophies' that end when you die (no afterlife)... but depending on your point of view they may not count as religions.

What about rencarnation? Well, I'm not sure how many different versions there are... (heres the hard part... I can't personally back this up properly... but I have been told by a very reliable source) but apparently buddism in a small, relatively un-publicised part of their religion does too have a hell. (7 levels actually... something about your bones being scraped by knives and other nasty things)

Mind you, feel absolutely free to disregard anything I say. Though I'm pretty sure this information is sound... I have no real way of checking up on it personally (though it would be interesting too one day) and just don't have the time.

Ahh... all the arguements I could argue competently in if I were studying theology rather than music. :)

Re: hm

Drago69 said:
Great joke, seems really familiar.

Also, on the religion... I wonder if I am the only one that, whenever I hear anything about religion, I immediately think of the priests getting happy with the kids in boston and stuff.

Oh well.

Trust me, you're NOT the only one. Happened in Northern Ireland as well.

Trust me, you're NOT the only one. Happened in Northern Ireland as well.

As I said, with any group you have all types of people.... it happened in Western and South Australia a few years back... and theres every chance it happened in heaps of other countries... but perhaps not as recently or as publicised. The human race can be a very sad thing sometimes.

The Pianist said:
and theres every chance it happened in heaps of other countries... but perhaps not as recently or as publicised.

Not so much a chance, as a certainty. Not just the Catholic church that's at fault either.

The Pianist said:
...apparently buddism in a small, relatively un-publicised part of their religion does too have a hell. (7 levels actually... something about your bones being scraped by knives and other nasty things)

Mahayana Buddhism has a hell (a very nasty one, with much emphasis on drowning in pools of flaming exrement and so forth). Theravada (also called Hinayana) Buddhism, the original form of the philosophy, does not -- but then Theravada really isn't a religion. It has no deity; it's really more a philosophical and mystical system.

Hope that helps. :)

I had almost totally forgotten about this thread! It seems so out of context now, as I wrote it over a year ago. I remember the Pirate sticking up for me after a long-gone member started the "Why Hell?" crap, and I can see that it's yet to die. I wasn't even a Moderator then, so some of my comments seem a bit out of style for me, funny to read again, though.

I'll say it again. The question of tickling being a sin wasn't even part of the equation when I wrote this. For the sake of the joke, it had to take place in Hell. It was just a joke. There was never supposed to be any connotation between tickling, sin, Hell or Old Scratch.

Funny how almost anything can be turned into a debate 'round here, eh? :cool:

Wow, this thread is actually that long? Bugger...

Anyway... it doesn't matter about being too much outta context... its how most conversation go.

But yeah, thanks Owen for that info... good to know I'm not being completely misguided. Actually, does anyone know of a proper religion that does NOT have a hell of some sort? Purely outta interest of course.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back