• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling and musicality

I don't know what constitutes a musician to everyone, but I play a few instruments too.

Either way, I think if you're already into tickling, maybe playing an instrument could help dexterity or some shit? but I don't think there's a link between the two really at all.

I do, however, think that there could be a link between musicality and being a good tickler. To me tickling someone is not that much different than playing a guitar or piano or any other instrument: it's about touch, being attuned and attentive to the "action" that's going on......chasing the muse and chasing the laughter.....I feel like I use the same side of my brain. Not that I think musicians are automatically better ticklers than non-musicians, but I definitely experience a similar "approach" to touching a ticklee as I do playing piano, guitar or even drums.

But musicality and being a tickle victim? I don't see how there's any correlation, and virtually anybody I ever dated or tickled was not musical so I have to throw my lot in with the others above me. Plus I'm musical and not susceptible so....

This. I mean, think of all those rhythm exercises.

PS:"Leader of the Pack"! Pffft.

Dammit! If you'd waited until I got home from work, I'd have been able to do it. lol

Thing is, though... a lot of things people think "would" contribute to being a good tickler... don't. Like that thing about strong hands. Most common complaint I hear from women is that guys dig in too hard. So no, strong hands don't do jack. What's the most important thing? To me, it's the experience that comes with either knowing the person's body really well, or having tickled enough people that you have a grab bag of tricks and techniques that helps you figure out what works best on them, and the presence of mind to experiment to find them if you don't have them.

Poor Tickletherapy, God help him!
Hahaha :)
I have no hope :)

People not into playing music mostly just won't get your point, The Internet. It's a thin matter.

Strength wasn't the right word probably, forgive me for my poor English. It's about endurance, confidence and precision in your fingers that matters when you tickle. Believe me I see so many lers who know how to taunt and tease and find ticklish spots, but they are able to just barely move their fingers and thus their tickling wasn't that efficient.

On the contrary, I met female piano players who just surprised me with their tickling skills from the first try :)

Wolf, if you said that being a massage therapist made you a better tickler, would make sense to me!)

No, I wasn't replying to you,
and no, I don't think my previous job has anything to do with however someone might quantify my skills as a "tickler". (I don't think I've mentioned that job since before you joined...that's kinda..well, it is whatever it is, I guess.)
Look, all I'm saying is that how "skillfully" you can tickle someone is much less about the physical part than it is the psychological and emotional part; a person isn't just a mass of flesh, after all.
Every 'lee is different.

So all this jabbering about physical abilities is like saying someone could be a poker champion because they've been playing UNO ever since they were a kid.
It may have some weight as regards dexterity and muscle memory, but that's about it.

So all this jabbering about physical abilities is like saying someone could be a poker champion because they've been playing UNO ever since they were a kid.
It may have some weight as regards dexterity and muscle memory, but that's about it.

Jabbering? It's the Tickling Discussion forum! What else are we gonna do?!! Lol!

I agree and I don't think anyone truly believes that being a musician, or anything else, gives you an "edge". Most of what I've been seeing being written is just how analogous tickling is to playing music. (It's also analogous to other things)! But it wouldn't be the first time someone drew the comparison or to describe a 'lee's laughter as music. I even refer to some of the video company 'lers as "Maestro" from time to time!

How's this: If you're a 'ler, you're a kind of musician.

Now, c'mon...I can't do better than that! Hell, that should go in the Great Quotes thread, if I may say so myself!

Here, let's play a little game: let's all start our own thread right now, each one of us...and we can see how long it takes before one of our threads gets negative, or off-track, lol. The thread that remains sunny and friendly, and on-topic the longest wins the prize! I'll put twenty bucks into the pool, someone neutral can hold the money...... Milagros,Jeff....someone who's game and who we all trust.

How about.....see who can go the longest without getting into getting into a negative spat with someone on the board. We all throw in a 20. Anyone? I'll bet I win! Maybe not, though, I think Wolf could win it, actually. He'd have stay out of P&R though. P&R probably shouldnt count, lol

Jabbering? It's the Tickling Discussion forum! What else are we gonna do?!! Lol!

I agree and I don't think anyone truly believes that being a musician, or anything else, gives you an "edge". Most of what I've been seeing being written is just how analogous tickling is to playing music. (It's also analogous to other things)! But it wouldn't be the first time someone drew the comparison or to describe a 'lee's laughter as music. I even refer to some of the video company 'lers as "Maestro" from time to time!

How's this: If you're a 'ler, you're a kind of musician.

Now, c'mon...I can't do better than that! Hell, that should go in the Great Quotes thread, if I may say so myself!

Here, let's play a little game: let's all start our own thread right now, each one of us...and we can see how long it takes before one of our threads gets negative, or off-track, lol. The thread that remains sunny and friendly, and on-topic the longest wins the prize! I'll put twenty bucks into the pool, someone neutral can hold the money...... Milagros,Jeff....someone who's game and who we all trust.

How about.....see who can go the longest without getting into getting into a negative spat with someone on the board. We all throw in a 20. Anyone? I'll bet I win! Maybe not, though, I think Wolf could win it, actually. He'd have stay out of P&R though. P&R probably shouldnt count, lol

Wouldn't you have just lost the pool, since you decided to talk smack at the very end?

Wouldn't you have just lost the pool, since you decided to talk smack at the very end?

I wasnt talking smack! The P&R Forum line? that's everybody's challenge, not just you! LEAST of all you! I thought I was paying you a compliment! I thought you'd win it! But how are you going to win it if you've got the Troll(s) That Lives In The P&R Forum eating at you like a gnat? Nobody's that strong!

If you want to say being a musician helps with tickling experience... then for fun I'll tell you my Boyfriend is a Locksmith(and Security Consultant.) By right based on the theory ones job is prevalent...he should be one of the best ticklers around. I was told just last week the BEST safe unlock expert can open any safe in the world within an hour. And funny enough his skills were tested by placing a feather against the inside of the mechanism. They have to sense and feel the pins etc inside to open locks/ safes. (My Bf could expand on this...)

What we should be weighing is... Nails VS Fingertips VS Paint brushes VS Feathers vs on and on and on....

BUT in the end... none of that matters either! To be used as an overall umbrella for the community... can't do that. Each lee is different... so none of it matters... Not job...not tool... not race... not gender... not musical ability... not experience level... the lee each of us will have to experience/ enjoy is unique. Wolf was right when he said basically that we are not Xmen LOL. We are each our own puzzle... and putting together each piece to torment someone with is what we are doing in the most basic of terms.

And... let's say we have our own lee...and we are with them for... 5 years. Is there a lee or Ler that can honestly say their lee moved... laughed... the same way each and every time? Similar experiences... similar pitches happen... similar movements... but the body is too complex to become... robotic. As also is the mind... and nerves. When we spaz out... or squirm... and giggle... its different each time. For people that have lees... if u so wish... try recording on video or audio your lees reactions using the same tools... same position... same starting points... if u view and listen after and compare... nothing will be the exact same way... head movements... expressions... no one is robotic or can be judged with prevailing factors. Kind of the beauty of it all.... :)

Even for Ler's... (and I am a switch...) ... how we tickle is different each and every time. Even if u have the same one and only fantasy. Your feather will be moved slower or faster....or a bit to the left... a bit more to the right. Length of time will be different. Mood will be different. More playful vs more sadistic...

If we DID all did move and react the same way... each time... we would get bored of tickling I bet... because its the surprise of the varied reactions that we love....(plus other things...) but the basis of tickling is never knowing what one can expect. :)

It's a tickling fetish, for Christ's sake...why do people keep trying to assign all these other abilities, qualities, and identifiers to it, like they're the fucking X-men?

I have a theory that if you are ticklish enough, you can shoot lazors out of your nose.

I have a theory that if you are ticklish enough, you can shoot lazors out of your nose.

Wouldn't be the most outlandish claim I've heard on the forum, by a long shot.

I don't know if there is a link between ticklishness and musicality, and the longer this thread goes on the less interested I get in the idea.

But I like speculating about things, and I like looking for patterns. I thought that was a basic human instinct, and it's what I do all the time and enjoy it.

What is amazing me is the level of scorn that is instantly poured over any kind of speculation about such patterns, links or tendencies, when applied to the question of tickling. I've seen it on other threads too. The tone of some of the replies suggests that speculating like that is actually offensive to people, or threatening, and debate has to be smothered and shut down immediately.

Don't know what that's telling us. I'm now afraid to speculate, in fact...

Last edited:
I agree its far easier for people to just stay out of posting in threads people find ludicrous or...whatever. But I think people can't help but say what's on their minds. That's a good thing overall. Different topics strike people in different ways. And its hard to say what is going to affect whom. But over time you will see the people who enjoy the art of discussion rather than blowing up a thread. And maybe sometimes people should just write other people for opinions rather than discuss them in general.

But realize... sometimes... sarcasm has its place. As odd and as angry as it comes across sometimes. I'm not saying its right... but compared to say how commenters act on YouTube.. this is tame...

Sometimes though the line is blurry... and when that line is blurry I chalk it up to frustration and sarcasm. Just keep calm and tickle talk on... :)

What is amazing me is the level of scorn that is instantly poured over any kind of speculation about such patterns, links or tendencies, when applied to the question of tickling. I've seen it on other threads too. The tone of some of the replies suggests that speculating like that is actually offensive to people, or threatening, and debate has to be smothered and shut down immediately.

Don't know what that's telling us. I'm now afraid to speculate, in fact...

I agree its far easier for people to just stay out of posting in threads people find ludicrous or...whatever. But I think people can't help but say what's on their minds. That's a good thing overall. Different topics strike people in different ways. And its hard to say what is going to affect whom. But over time you will see the people who enjoy the art of discussion rather than blowing up a thread. And maybe sometimes people should just write other people for opinions rather than discuss them in general.

But realize... sometimes... sarcasm has its place. As odd and as angry as it comes across sometimes. I'm not saying its right... but compared to say how commenters act on YouTube.. this is tame...

Sometimes though the line is blurry... and when that line is blurry I chalk it up to frustration and sarcasm. Just keep calm and tickle talk on... :)

Thanks, CapturedDoll. Don't worry about me; I'll survive. In fact I can't stop myself from speaking my mind too, which is why I felt I just had to make my point there. As nicely as possible, of course.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back