• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling fetish overrated?

kcantankerous

4th Level Red Feather
I find it hard to believe that I look at tickling sites as much as I do. It's frustrating to believe that so much time is wasted looking at tickling fetish material. Even forums which are cool in general, the very idea of me spending so much time being unproductive looking at pictures and what not. This doesnt consume me, even though it seems like it does at times. Tickling and casual sex are two actions that in themselves create no real value. Theres nothing really gained or lost. I hadn't made money, in some cases I lost it, I don't improve my health, or help anyone with this. Not even myself I only manage to learn useless information about something that can't help me advance through a healthy life. Sure some see it as it is what it is and don't put much stock into fetishes in general. I see some connected through their love of tickling, but my fear is getting lost in the multitudes of clips, stories, and chatter related to this fetish. I don't want it to be something I always think about, I don't want it to effect me at work and so forth. This thread is in no way a bash at the site, not at all. I'm sharing this to see if anyone ever felt or feels the way I do.

P.S. The tmf is great and I enjoy everyones point of view, this is just my thoughts about my fetish. That is all.

Well, time spent on the TMF is time spent with friends. I don't spend any time on images or videos... I just spend it chatting and discussing things with my friends who don't always live near me. Sometimes the conversation is about tickling, and sometimes it isn't... depends. Just my two cents...

Well if this fetish is so overated, i don think we would all be the friends we are.

Who would have thought our fetish would bring out such great people.

knogz said:
Tickling and casual sex are two actions that in themselves create no real value.

It does have a serious value. First of all such a forum learns a perv that he/she is not alone, it being the first step of personal acceptance of the fetish.

For me it's not over rated, but yeah, it is bordering on the fixated or obsession realm. What to do....

luvgirlsfeet said:
No chance No way No how is it overated

I completely agree. I mean this place and this fetish has brought the most amazing people ever into my life. I don't know where I'd be without them.

I agree, the tickling is great (and I do mean great, LOL) but I have met some truly wonderful people in the community and at NEST. I consider many to be close friends and on top of that they understand my tickling desires. Who could ask for more.

Sandee

ticklkitten said:
I completely agree. I mean this place and this fetish has brought the most amazing people ever into my life. I don't know where I'd be without them.

I'm with you Kitten :cool2:

Go Away

Knogz, go away. We are here to have a good time, and we don't need you pissing on it. Besides tickling is good for your healt because laughing is good for your health. It releases endorphens (SP*) into the blood stream, and that is good for you.

Hay don't go away mad...

I agree! :redheart:
XOXO

Ticklee1973 said:
I agree, the tickling is great (and I do mean great, LOL) but I have met some truly wonderful people in the community and at NEST. I consider many to be close friends and on top of that they understand my tickling desires. Who could ask for more.

Sandee

I agree with Kitten and Steph too ....so there.

and .....as Hommer Simpson would say.......ENDORPHINS.....Ahhhgggggggg

Tracy and I have made soooooo many friends that we now get to see on a fairly regular basis that we NEVER would have met if not for this board or the Tickle "bug" being a part of us. Friends that we can share ANYTHING about ourselves with without fearing of being judged.....

That is what we get from all of this...wouldnt have it any other way.... :cool2:

Brookie said:
I agree with Kitten and Steph too ....so there.

and .....as Hommer Simpson would say.......ENDORPHINS.....Ahhhgggggggg

I have always said, YAY ENDORPHINS! I'm an endorphin junkie... gotta love em...

And I don't think that knogz was trying to knock us down or anything, in fact I'm pretty sure he posted that as well in his intro for this thread. He just wanted our input.

my 2 cents....

I have built a permanent bridge, so to speak, between both my love of tickling and my daily life. when i was younger, and didnt understand much of anything, i used to think the same thing. now, i know much more and have learned that the pros (imo) totally out-weigh the cons on this one. just build that bridge man, its a great feeling.

P.S. The tmf is great and I enjoy everyones point of view, this is just my thoughts about my fetish. That is all.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the fetish itself, I'm not attacking anyone in particular. I like you slavertickler even if you misread this thread. Your response reminds me of myself sometimes.

I don't know, tickling fetish isn't that known is it? Anyways I don't think tickling is overrated, and any fetish will have it's obessive people so I guess all in all were pretty normal.

Heck I always say to myself if it wasn't for the TMF and Ticklingtheater I wouldn't have learned that I was the only one out there that likes tickling.

Well man I know exactly how you feel. But one thing to remember is some times it's okay to do somthing just for you, whether it benefits somone else or not. The real question to ask is are you hurting anyone else? And if you feel your spending too much time here ( I know I certainly have in the past) then you just need to evaluate where and how you'd rather be spending that time. My cent in a half for what it's worth.

knogz said:
I find it hard to believe that I look at tickling sites as much as I do. It's frustrating to believe that so much time is wasted looking at tickling fetish material. Even forums which are cool in general, the very idea of me spending so much time being unproductive looking at pictures and what not. This doesnt consume me, even though it seems like it does at times. Tickling and casual sex are two actions that in themselves create no real value. Theres nothing really gained or lost. I hadn't made money, in some cases I lost it, I don't improve my health, or help anyone with this. Not even myself I only manage to learn useless information about something that can't help me advance through a healthy life. Sure some see it as it is what it is and don't put much stock into fetishes in general. I see some connected through their love of tickling, but my fear is getting lost in the multitudes of clips, stories, and chatter related to this fetish. I don't want it to be something I always think about, I don't want it to effect me at work and so forth. This thread is in no way a bash at the site, not at all. I'm sharing this to see if anyone ever felt or feels the way I do.
P.S. The tmf is great and I enjoy everyones point of view, this is just my thoughts about my fetish. That is all.

in some ways i can see knogs point

Of course tickling is overrated here, because this a site with tickling being the theme. I also believe that tickling is underrated outside of here.

Stevereeno said:
Of course tickling is overrated here, because this a site with tickling being the theme. I also believe that tickling is underrated outside of here.

I disagree with both. Tickling is awesome here and in my 'vanilla' life. I manage to incorporate it in such a way... damn, I'm good.

I wouldnt say its over rated at all. Matter of fact it needs to be more well spread and more people to understand it rather than look at you like your either a wacko or outcast. I cant say ive ever met anyone from the TMF or if I ever will, but, I will say i've found alot of great people here with the same or simmaler interests non sexual related. It's a great little internet community where I come to discuss not just my perverted wack off material or fantasies...but also music, television and sometimes just personal topics. I think a good majority of my posts on here arnt even related to the fetish. And who was to know when I joined this thing near 4 yrs ago that id be using it for more than wackin off LOL. This place is filled with good people and my view of the whole tickle fetish now days is kinda like my view of disco music..it brings the best and most trustworthy of people from round the planet together :)

I actually ponder this often, although I think "overrated" is not the word I would use (perhaps "productive" would be better). Most of you that do know me know I dont frequent the gathering circuit or tie my wife up and tickle her (once she is tied up, there are other things I would rather do to her, honestly). My tickling partialism is more geared towards the voyueristic spectrum, which explains all of the clips I have acquired.

When I think about this, I am not considering the friendships I have acquired in the last 7-8 years. I think the TMF now, and even AMT (as horrible as it was) bridged the gap for many people wondering "am I alone". I wouldnt trade in the friendships for anything. However....

I have been collecting mainstream scenes of feet and tickling for about 8 years. I have been trading, buying (all mainstream....no tickling movie producers have been cheated in my trades ;) ) all of that time. From poor quality, to high quality, I estimate I have about 8-10 hours of such scenes. I still tape TV shows daily; I still post on the boards, post alerts on the boards, do Google searches to bring some new info to the boards. We all still trade with each other, and now that I have clip making capabilities and a place to post them (thanks Jeff), I am literally posting some clips minutes after they air. Everyone appreciates it, I have a good reputation, great friends, and if someone wants to know about a celebrity, I can probably tell you anything that you would want to know about them.

Where does the question of productivity come into play?? Simple: Where does it end? When will I be satisfied? When is enough enough? I already have 10 hours, and this doesnt count the 8 hour tape I am in the process of filling up that is half full (average length of a mainstream tickle scene with descent editing is 30 seconds with about 3-4 seconds of actual tickling). I know if I quit posting clips, as disappointed as some people would be, they wouldnt quit being my friend. But I cant stop now, because I still need a Tyra Banks clip (hasnt happened yet), the Rosario Dawson scene from ET that it looks like we will never get again, a few shopping channel personalities I would like to get a clip from, etc. On the one hand, I have a happy marriage, a good career setup, a solid education; the mainstream stuff doesnt disrupt my life in that way. But in the time it takes me to scan through my tapes, there are certainly more productive things I could be doing. If I get lucky and tape something, it takes more time to save it to the computer, more time to edit it, and more time to convert to a version everyone can download. Nothing productive happening there, except getting the clip out.

I went through this with the foot scenes I used to do (and have actually started doing again; I have a seperate 8 hour tape that is about 3 hours in on that). I am embarassed to say that at one time I could look at a pair of feet and tell you who they belonged to (I used to see that quiz in National Enquirer and would chuckle because they would make it multiple choice...like I needed choices). Its not like I sit in a pile of VCR tapes and please myself once a month or something; I just have them to have....and would be disappointed if I lost them. Same with the gig of pics and clips I got on my computer.

But, like I said, I maintain a well paying job, my wife loves me...Im obviously doing something right. The way I try to keep it in perspective, and maybe this will help some other people......while other people find hobbies such as golf, tennis, reading, or sewing, I collect mainstream scenes. Its cheaper, actually take up less time, and doesnt hurt anybody along the way. In that respect, it is very productive. But if you arent keeping your priorities in order (job, significant other, children, bills), then nothing you do is productive anyway.

dajerx perfect

dajerx, I typically have a hard time conveying my opinions into words. But you have hit the nail on the head as far I what I meant. I look at how much I spent on clips and memberships, and think to myself why did I do that. I just think that I could find something more productive to do. Course the forum has allowed me to meet some great men and women, which is a plus. But overall I just wonder if I put tickling higher in priorities than it should be. Thats what I meant by overrated. Even now I could be reading a book, or talking to friends or something, but I'm at the computer talking about tickling and looking at pics. Don't get me wrong I work but like you said when does the degree of obsession end.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back