• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling Spa. I kid you not.

Including text since these articles (artickles?) eventually disappear!

Thanks AD!!! :D
Same thing, Huffington Post ---- and they also refer to boundaries and tickle torture, the fact that the lee may react as if it's "enjoyment" when it's not. So they include that warning but it doesn't sound like abuse would be tolerated. Sounds great really, but I'd be too embarrassed to go :p

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/tickle-spa-opens-in-spain_n_887120.html

A Tickle Spa Opens In Spain
Huffington Post Amanda Chan First Posted: 06/29/11 03:40 PM ET Updated: 06/29/11 05:56 PM ET
React

Amazing
Inspiring
Funny
Scary
Hot
Crazy
Important
Weird
Read more

Healthy Living Health News , Spa For Tickling , Spanish Tickle Spa , Tickle Spa , Tickle Spa Spain , Tickling , Tickling Health , Tickling Health Benefits , Healthy Living News
share this story

A spa for tickling?

Laugh all you want, but it's real. The world's first tickle spa has opened in Spain, and its aptly named Cosquillarte, which in Spanish means "Tickle Yourself" and "Tickle Art."

Instead of hot-stone massages or facials, it offers visitors the chance to instead be tickled with the brush of a light touch and a feather, TIME reports.

So what's the deal here. Tickling can feel good, but is it good for health?

When done nicely and under the best circumstances, tickling can actually increase blood flow and produce a healthy flush to the skin, said clinical psychologist Alan J. Fridlund, Ph.D. Fridlund is an associate professor in the department of psychological and brain sciences at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Fridlund told The Huffington Post:

Gentle tickling and mutual tickle games can strengthen affectional bonds between caretakers and the young, among children, and between romantic partners -- probably via the release of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and the endorphins, and neurohormones such as oxytocin.
However, tickling has to be done in the right context in order to produce these beneficial results, he said. Unwanted or forced tickling can be a violation of personal boundaries and can even border on abuse, depending on the circumstance.

For example, "tickle torture" can induce a temporary state of muscle paralysis and spasmodic laughter that can sound a lot like enjoyment, when it's really not, Fridland said.

But the new Spanish spa doesn't want to torture clients at all -- instead, it wants to help them to relax and de-stress, tailoring the level of tickling to each individual, TIME reported.

During a session, a client disrobes and lies facedown on a table, just as in a typical massage, and then the person doing the treatment uses his or her fingers and feathers to tickle the client, TIME said.

FOLLOW HUFFPOST HEALTHY LIVING
ON
Facebook:
Twitter:
GET ALERTS
CONTRIBUTE
TO THIS STORY
Send Corrections
Send us a Link
Contact us
Send a Tip
Send Photos/Videos
Comment

Around the Web:
Tickle Spa in Spain: New Treatment No Laughing Matter - TIME
World's First Tickle Spa Opens In Spain | FitPerez.com
World's First Tickle Spa Opens in Spain - Digg
Have you had your tickle today? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

I think it's a marvelous idea! I've always felt that tickling can be a very beneficial form of therapy as a destressing tool, as well (depending on the client) as a great type of aerobic exercise. Someone's actually striking a blow!

This is a good thing. May it flower!

If someone's enterprising enough, this can be a great new modality here...

I'd come up with something a little bit more professional than calling it 'Tickle Therapy'. With many people, tickling has negative connotations from bad early experiences. However, the right professional term can be cutting edge in advancing the theory to a client
:D

I wonder what their code of conduct contains and prohibits?

In the USA you would have to autoclave the feathers or dip them in Barbercide between clients....;) ( or guess why the delivery truck from Michael's is ALWAYS parked out front). It does sound like they have taken the playfull, relaxing side of tickling and packaged it well. The fact that tickling is alone on the menu is simply amazing.

I first saw this posted in The General Section.

As in the first line of my signature saying tickling should be a pleasant experience.:happyfloa

That's kinda awesome. I think it may be a bit before we see one here though. Would be pretty cool

I don't consider that tickling, I consider it heaven. For those of us who used to be ticklish but aren't any longer, that sort of light touch and stroke on the back will melt you into a puddle of relaxed goosebumpy goo in seconds. If that place was around here, I would be there every single day. I'd get a second job just to go there.

THAT is how massages should be, IMO. >_>

Tickle Spa opens in Spain.

My apologies if this topic has been mentioned.
Just heard of a tickle spa that opened in Spain.
30 minute session is $35 of light finger tickling!
I wonder if a franchise will show up in Canada. (lol)

Many American masseuses will tickle you though probably not during the first visit. However I generally don't recommend that for guys to whom being tickled is a sexual thrill, because they can't help sporting wood or even jizzing on massage table.

However, if you can contain yourself and not show sexual excitement there are goldmines of opportunity out there.

Edit:
I just happened to stumble across some news footage about this Spanish Cosquillearte.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiriiu_spanish-clinic-uses-tickle-therapy-to-treat-stress_news

You might have to sit through a short advertisement first.

Last edited:
Laugh it up: 'Tickle spa' opens in Spain

Laugh it up: 'Tickle spa' opens in Spain
Glow Images / Getty Images/Glowimages

A spa for tickling? Why, the very idea is just laughable.
By Melissa Dahl
Hahaha -- ahhhh. Is the world ready for tickle therapy? That's the idea behind a new Spanish spa -- owner of which claims it's the world's first "tickle spa."

Here's how TIME's Lisa Abend describes the experience:

Much like at any other day spa, the treatment takes place in a darkened room, with soothing music playing and a hint of incense tingeing the air. The client disrobes, puts on a pair of crinkly paper panties and lies facedown on the table. And then the tickling — first with fingertips drawn along the body, then a feather — begins. A 30-minute session costs €25 ($35); for an hour, the price is €45 ($60).

Abend ended up enjoying the experience, even going so far as to call it relaxing. As tickle therapist Lourdes Nieto told the magazine, the experience is gentle enough for even the very ticklish among us. "We use a variety of strokes. If someone is super-ticklish, we'll press harder. The idea is to relax them, not stress them out."

This is an idea that flummoxes neuroscientist Robert R. Provine.

"Tickling someone is going to be arousing, not relaxing," says Provine, who works in the department of psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore. As he points out, conventional massage therapists spend their training specifically learning how not to tickle their clients. "Usually, people seeking a massage are seeking relaxation. Tickle is getting your blood pressure and heart rate up."

Provine, author of the book "Laughter: An Investigation," which includes an entire chapter focusing on tickling, adds: "The odd thing about it is that you’re involving strangers in what’s really a social process. If you consider who you tickle, and who tickles you -- they’re all people you know, and so strangers are really not part of it."

Tickling is really all about communication. It's possible, of course, that that might be what draws clients to the Spanish tickle spa -- they might be seeking contact and communication with another person. For kids, tickling can be a way of initiating play. And, perhaps obviously, for adults, there's a strong link between tickling and sex. Handily, Provine once conducted a survey asking people why they tickled others -- most often, the reason was to show affection.

In fact, tickling one of our first methods of communication, between babies and mothers: "Mothers will touch and tickle the baby, and the baby will smile and laugh," Provine says, pointing out that this type of communication happens before a child even has language.

'Womb room' and 8 other crazy beauty treatments

According to Provine, that idea helps explain why tickling can be so unpleasant. It's fun when it's playful, or part of a give-and-take -- but when you're powerless to stop it, it stops being fun. (Think your jerk older brother pinning you down and tickling you until you can't breathe.)

But we couldn't let him off the phone without asking him one of the questions you've asked us on our Facebook page -- why can't you tickle yourself? Well, think about it: There’s a difference between reaching out and touching someone and someone reaching out and touching you. Your nervous system does you the great favor of canceling out what Provine calls "self-produced stimulation."

"If you didn’t do this, you’d constantly be startling yourself," he explains. As it turns out, "tickle is at the very root the computation of self and others -- what’s me and what’s not me."

Follow msnbc.com health writer Melissa Dahl on Twitter: @melissadahl.

Want more weird health news? Find The Body Odd on Facebook.
.Browse: featured, spa, tickling.

I read about this somewhere....oh right, it was the other 3 posts in this section mentioning this exact topic

This was like the lead story whenever I went to my homepage. Very cool to see.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back