• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TMF Not Listed In Any Search Engines On My Computer

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
The last couple of days, when I've tried to do a search for the TMF to get here, it has not come up anywhere in a search on my computer, either through Comcast search, or Yahoo. I have the TMF saved in my favorites, so I can still click it on and get here. Why would the forum not be listed in any of my search engines, on either Yahoo, or Comcast? I would like to resolve this problem, so in case my favorites get deleted, or something happens with my computer, I can still get here. Any advice on the subject would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mitch

Typing www.ticklingforum.com into the browser worked. Thanks, AZ. It's just that, in the past, on Comcast, or in Yahoo searches, I've been able to type keyword "Tickling", and one of the first search things that came up was TMF. The same thing when I had AOL. I did a disk defrag last night, so maybe something got deleted when the computer defragged.

Mitch

I believe the TMF has been removed intentionally. For years access to this forum for me has been to type "tmf" in a google search, and we always showed up in the top 3 search results, and this was the case until today. I'm willing to bet that we've been removed from the list due to the content of the forum.

Last edited:
That really bugs me. It's definately a deliberate attack of some kind. Is anyone a search engine expert, or know someone who is?

I found the same problem just now. Whatever it is, it was done overnight - TMF was coming up in Google yesterday.

It appears we were erased from all major search engines globaly last eve.

It's an interesting form of internet attack. We'll be looking into it.

Until then, use your favorites or our easy to remember URL and type it in by hand.

Myriads

We are working on it, but we need your help!

Make sure all your favorite tickling websites have links to us, and PM me about the ones that don't, and if you or anyone you know has search engine expertise, put them in touch with me :)

May or may not be relevant

- but I get here by typing in 'ticklingforum' to yahoo search, which works fine and did still this morning.

We've been removed from google's directory entirely, so it's definately deliberate. If you search for a URL, like microsoft.com, the first hit you'll get is to that website. If you search for ticklingforum.com, google will show other sites that mention us, but nowhere will you find our website.

MTP Jeff said:
We've been removed from google's directory entirely, so it's definately deliberate. If you search for a URL, like microsoft.com, the first hit you'll get is to that website. If you search for ticklingforum.com, google will show other sites that mention us, but nowhere will you find our website.

Now that is weird.

I did find one thing, though, that made me smile in all this - in my searches, I found that the TMF is ranked by alexa as the number one most visited site in the sexuality category :)

http://www.alexa.com/browse?&CategoryID=383

MTP Jeff said:
The TMF now has a Google pagerank of -1/10, which means it'll never show up on any search ever. Weird thing about this is, I believe it would have to be someone internal to google. It's possible to change the rank by putting links to the site on other websites and such (it's how bush's biography came up first for "miserable failure" searches), but -1 would seem to mean it's been actively banned.

The main question here is why. A few quick searches pulls up nudity much more hardcore than that seen on the tmf as well as fetishes much stranger than ours. I can see no reason for this change.

(and as an aside, it's only google. Yahoo and others still work fine)

Edit:

What other forms of filtering are there in Google results?
Google also sometimes removes sites if they are infringing on copyright (someone can send a DMCA – Digital Millennium Copyright Act – complaint to Google), or infringing on Google’s webmaster guidelines (e.g. if a site includes hidden keywords visible only to the searchbot, but not users). If you have Google’s SafeSearch enabled, Google may also not show certain sites containing adult content (note that in some countries, the user cannot toggle a SafeSearch option in the preferences). Additionally, Google may show up warning pages before delivering certain content, which happens on YouTube or Blogspot blogs. Also, Google does usually not allow explicit adult content on any of the hosting solutions they provide (e.g. YouTube, Blogger). And then, Google sometimes removes adult content from its Google Zeitgeist report as well as its Google Suggest feature.

simulated said:
The TMF now has a Google pagerank of -1/10, which means it'll never show up on any search ever. Weird thing about this is, I believe it would have to be someone internal to google. It's possible to change the rank by putting links to the site on other websites and such (it's how bush's biography came up first for "miserable failure" searches), but -1 would seem to mean it's been actively banned.

The main question here is why. A few quick searches pulls up nudity much more hardcore than that seen on the tmf as well as fetishes much stranger than ours. I can see no reason for this change.

(and as an aside, it's only google. Yahoo and others still work fine)

Someone must have falsely reported something, or disguised themselves as the owner of the site and had us removed. I'd love to know how the hell one goes about undoing that. I've contacted them, but my experience suggests that they're not going to be falling over themselves to help me out.

MTP Jeff said:
Someone must have falsely reported something, or disguised themselves as the owner of the site and had us removed. I'd love to know how the hell one goes about undoing that. I've contacted them, but my experience suggests that they're not going to be falling over themselves to help me out.

Hey Jeff, stupid question, but have you checked your robots.txt file in the server root? I was trying to think of how I'd remove a site from search engines entirely, and the thing that came to mind was to edit robots.txt to read

User-agent: *

Disallow: /

I was just checking that, after finding a mention of it on yahoo. I don't see any file called robots.txt at the top level of the server, or in the TMF directory.

MTP Jeff said:
I was just checking that, after finding a mention of it on yahoo. I don't see any file called robots.txt at the top level of the server, or in the TMF directory.

I'd do two things. First, go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and get yourself authorized as the owner of this domain. That should get you much more information. Then, just in case, add a robots.txt file to server root reading

User-agent: *
Disallow:

(or edit the disallow based upon what you want hidden from spiders)

Good tips! I'm verifying myself as the webmaster right now, and I'll add that file too. To clarify, you mean I should put robots.txt right at the top level, slash-nothing, not at the top level of the TMFs directory, right?

I found it on Google under a different url

I typed Tickling Media Forum in the Google search engine and got this url 70.85.147.102/index.php under the Tickling Media Forum link. It was 4th on the first page. :triangle: :smilestar

That's interesting. I wish I knew what it means :)

MTP Jeff said:
That's interesting. I wish I knew what it means :)
Here's the whois for that IP addy:

OrgID: TPCM
Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
Address: Suite 110
City: Dallas
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 75207

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.theplanet.com:4321

NetRange: 70.84.0.0 - 70.87.255.255
CIDR: 70.84.0.0/14
NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-13
NetHandle: NET-70-84-0-0-1
Parent: NET-70-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.THEPLANET.COM
NameServer: NS2.THEPLANET.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2004-07-29
Updated: 2006-02-17

RTechHandle: PP46-ARIN
RTechName: Pathos, Peter
RTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
RTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE271-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-782-7802
OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

OrgNOCHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Technical Support
OrgNOCPhone: +1-214-782-7800
OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
OrgTechName: Technical Support
OrgTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2007-07-25 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

Does that look like you'd expect your whois to look?

Yes, that's our webhost, and our IP, I just don't know why we'd get a result for our IP like that. It's times like this that I wish I knew more about how all of this really hangs together, or that I was rich enough to hire an expert :)

I got here just fine my usual way by typing...tickling media forum.......If it helps to figure this problem out I am using AT&T Yahoo as my search engine. The TMF was on top of the page like always. Clicked that and came on in.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back