• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

To all Episode I bashers...

Re: just a quicky

cosmo_ac said:
I just wanted to say something quick, and i;ll post here again later. I think there;s a reason why luke didn't sound like he was sorry when he said sorry to Yoda for rushing to the cloud city. SImply, i don't think he really was sorry. Yes, things didn't turn out too well, but would they have been better if he hadn't gone?
I mean, him saying he's sorry he went to help his friends is kind'a like saying sorry to a teacher for quiting school to get a job so your family isn't out on the streets.
Anyway, those are just my thoughts. ;)

Your post has been rumbling around in my mind for a few days now Cosmic and it got me thinking. Everything progresses. Schools progress, the military progresses and even society as a whole progresses. Attitudes change and so do concepts and values. Yoda and Luke were the Alpha and the Omega of the Jedi Order. From certain canoniacal sources, we know that when Luke founded the new Jedi Academy after the war, a lot of things changed. He got married for instance, which Yoda would'nt have approved of. And also it was possible for padawans to be indentured who were more than a year old. (Luke himself being 17 or 18 when Obi-Wan Kenobi first took him as his padawan learner.)

All in all, it seems as if several of Yoda's old fashioned rules were evolved into something more flexible and the Jedis became more like the gunslingers from Stephen King's Dark Tower saga, and less like the Knights Templar.

episode 4 was the best

but the next 2from the old trilogy were lame as a 14 year old dog.
i much prefered, and enjoyed the episode 1 installment, than the empire strikes back, and return of the jedi.
i seem to recall that jedi apprentises were suposed to start training very young. didn't yoda say in episode one that anikin was too old to start the training? and luke by the end of the saga, in "return" still didn't didn'thave his shit together?
steve

Dave2112 said:
Coolman, very astute notice of the apparent higher level of technology in Ep I than earlier films, which were supposed to be in a later time. It has been said, though, that as the Galaxy suffered under the tyranny of the Empire, there was actually a drop in technology rather than a rise.

lol that's what i love about starwars... an answer for everyhting.

great idea dave... never would have occured to me. im not that up to date on the pre-empire stuff involving starwars (as in pre ep4). i guess i prefer the later stuff, i've read the books. there are loads more pre trilogy books than post, and i''ve read timothy zahns 'Empire trilogy' involving Grand Admiral Thrawn. i read somewhere that if they make a post endor trilogy they will base it on these books... is it true?

Dave2112 is like Yoda on Earth... :D

i read somewhere that if they make a post endor trilogy they will base it on these books... is it true?

The last I heard, George Lucas said that Episode III will be the last movie made for the series. There will be no Eps. VII though IX. His stated reason was that he will be too old to finish them by the time he's ready to film another trilogy.

Also, even if he did plan on another trilogy, it'd highly unlikely that he would simply adapt Zahn's novels. George has stated (I can't recall precisely where) that his vision of the Star Wars galaxy is often very different from all the contributors to the novels and comics and games and animated series and whatnot, and he has no interest in promoting someone else's vision over his own. I think that's another reason that he won't make a third trilogy: For better or worse, the fan community has accepted the work of Zahn, Anderson, Stackpole, Slaviscek, Vietch, and others as the official future of Star Wars, and Lucas ignores or contradicts it as his own peril. He may have no interest in what other people are doing in his Universe, but if he says so openly, he either alienates people who have embraced the Expanded Universe or he ends up bad-mouthing his own licensed merchandise as inferior product. He loses money either way, so he just keeps his mouth shut and lets the novels/comics/games keep selling.

There was never meant to be any story after Return of the Jedi. The legend of the Nine Episodes is a retelling of a story that got blown out of proportion. The story of Episodes IV-VI was initially a six-film arc in Lucas's mind, which was since whittled down to three. All of the pre-planned story will be completed at the end of Ep III.

However, rather than the Thrawn trilogy...it would be cool to see a few films based on the New Jedi Order. All of the characters are roughly the current age of the actors who played them, so it could work, even though I know it never will happen. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

I agree with one thing; it was a crying shame that Darth Maul didn't have a more substantial role. If you think about it, David Prowse was no real actor and yet they found a way round it for him. I wish they could've done the same for Ray Parkes.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back