• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

To the retro gamer...

shiftdown

TMF Expert
Who here still plays chrono trigger/early final fantasy games? Let alone ever heard of the hyper scan gaming system?

There again feel free to message me pm style if you don't wanna talk open forum style

I recently finished Final Fantasy VIII, I have yet to finish VI, and I have also got IX to play.

Also if anyone is interested. There are a group of developers finishing the aborted resident evil 2 prototype. As of yet only a small debugger version is available.

I've completed Final Fantasy I-VII. I never did finish VIII (I got onto the second disc), nor did I ever finish IX (Second disc again), or X. I used to play XI, and would play more of it if there weren't a monthly fee involved. I tried to play XII last year, and while it was quite different, I DID enjoy it. Though, now we're getting out of retro gaming territory.

I've beaten Chrono Trigger tons of times. I could never get into Chrono Cross, but I'm gonna try again after I graduate, I think.

My love of retro gaming isn't limited to RPGs though. I've beaten all of the 2D Metroid games, and have played more than my fair share of Castlevania. Sonic, Mario (remember Super Mario RPG?), Donkey Kong, this stuff was my childhood! I'll be a gamer for life (and, if I get my way, I'll be composing music for games after college!)

I beat Chrono Trigger. I also beat Final Fantasy II/IV, III/VI, VIII, and X. I never finished VII, because TWICE I had memory card failures causing me to rage quit and never go back (I'm pretty sure I put my memory card too close to the TV screen and static-zapped it. It was one of those multi-channel off-brand cards.). I also never finished IX. I quit when I got to the side quest intermission and stopped caring. I'm currently experiencing the same issue with XIII--I'm in Chapter 11, where it's hard to care, because I just want to move forward through the story, but need to grind through battles for C'ieth stones. I also recently dug out Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore, since I never did play through either of them. I love Square! ^_^

ff7 and ff9 are the best ones ive heard ff6 was pretty good but never played it I was also a fan of wild arms and lunar but if you wanna play a good rpg for ps2 its shadow hearts the first one its awesome great story line awesome graphics for its time and many secrets to discover just seeing the intro got me hooked but yeah also Mario rpg was great for super Nintendo sorry ive been a big gamer my whole life but right now im into fighting games

I played FF VI trough X and X-2. I played FF XI online for years. I bought XII and started it, never finished. Bought XIII and XIV, but stopped caring. I did play the old FF Tactics, too which was fun. I finished most of the games, but I drifted off near the end of FF VII - which was an awesome game, but I had some trouble saving. I get too wrapped up in side quests - like chocobo breeding. Same thing sometimes with the online FFXI - I spent more time crafting then questing and leveling. I've heard they changed a lot and made some things easier. But I always enjoyed the old school ones.

I love the old Chrono games and FF games. I had almost all of them but when I split from my ex he took all the good games. Now with work and school there's very little time to go back and play anything but I want to get my hands on copies of the classics.

I've been meaning to set up some emulators on my pc as I got a wired 360 controller to connect, but alas I used it for my 360 instead. My favorite game is "find and frag the noisiest player" on GTA online lately.

What was it going to be like?

Well hopefully one day soon we will be able to play it, but it is much different to the retail version of RE2.
For example the police station was more like a police station than the museum, Marvin the black cop at the beginning was actually in it from start to finish, Claire was a woman called Elza, Annette caused the outbreak, and you could escape with her, and the gun shop bloke at the beginning was a character in Elza's scenario called John.

Also the level design was really different, The police station had a different look, the Lab was mostly as it is now except for more areas to visit, there was no Skytram and turntable it was instead an actual abandoned factory. Ada was also an umbrella researcher as opposed to a spy sent to infiltrate Umbrella.... Yes it was quite a different game indeed!

I've played FF1 and bit of 2.

Played 7, but everybody did that.

I've played and beaten every Final Fantasy save for 11, 14, and 4 "The After Years".

Love both Chrono Cross and Trigger.

I'm pretty well versed in this gaming thing.

Pong, anyone? Tank? ... ... I guess that makes me 'fossil gamer.'

Pong sounds fun but idk it's one of those games I would imagine people wanting to play against each other.....but they don't.

Bonk's Adventure, anyone?

I did play some of the FF's up until about the 12th game. As far as retro games for me though, I have a love for some of the old Sega Master system games (Phantasy Star was a big one for me), as well as the Genesis system. I had my original Xbox modded to play all of those consoles, plus a few other older systems from Nintendo.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back