• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Top 5 US Sports Teams

RealisticSwitch

TMF Expert
Simple premise. What are, in your opinion, the 5 preeminent sports franchises in the United States?

1. New York Yankees. I dislike them strongly, but you can not argue with 27 world championships. Plus, they made it on Seinfeld. Did you see George Costanza working for the Mets? You did not.

2. Los Angeles Lakers. Similar to the Yankees, I dislike them, but they're a big name. Ask any 100 random people on the street in the last 50 years to name a basketball team, and the Lakers is what you'll get.

3. Dallas Cowboys. I'm detecting a theme here, as I don't really care for the Cowboys either. Is there a correlation between a team being uber-relevant and popular (in the known about sense), and being disliked? I'm looking at you, John Cena. . .

4. Boston Red Sox / Celtics / Patriots. I'm lumping the New England teams together (Sorry, Bruins) because I think, much like the region itself, Boston sports teams are though of as a single entity more than individual teams. If you love one, you likely love them all (though exceptions do apply). If you dislike one, you probably wish nothing but ruin and demise on all Boston sports teams. Well, you might cheer for the New England Revolution, but that's essentially the same thing.

5. Chicago Bulls. Really, I should just call this "Michael Jordan". MJ put the Bulls on the map singlehandedly, no matter what Scottie Pippen might say. In the late 80's and 90's, the Bulls were basketball, and it was all because of Air Jordan.

There ya go. Whatcha got?

Yankees-I agree with the 27 World Titles.

Atlanta Braves.. With this year, they will have had seventeen trips to the playoffs since 1991, including, unless they blow a big division lead in six weeks, 15 division titles. That's a very impressive run.

Lakers.. Five World Titles between 2000 and 2010-not to mention their earlier run of championships, five championships in the 1980s, including four under Riley.

Bulls-Six titles in the 90s.

Miami Heat-Three championships since 2006. They've been great the last seven years.

Here are my top five:

1. NY Yankees. - When you think of baseball, you think of the Yankees. They are the most well-known (and most successful) baseball team in the world.

2. San Antonio Spurs - Just to be different, but overall one of the most consistent winning teams in all of American sports.

3. Hendricks Motor Sports - yes Nascar. Jimmie Johnson 5 consecutive nascar championships in the modern era. Anyone who realizes the strategy, teamwork, A February thru November schedule, and pure consistency it takes to win a nascar championship can easily see this overwhelming achievement. And that's just JJ alone. You still have Jeff Gordon to consider who is no stranger to nascar championships. Imo this easily makes HMS one of the top franchises in American sports.

4. Oakland Raiders - Again, to be different, but despite the team's poor recent years the Raiders from 1965 to 1985 had winning records in 19 of the 20 seasons. From 1963 to 2002 the Raiders had only seven losing seasons. They were the first team in the NFL to have 16 consecutive winning seasons. They have been Super Bowl champions 3 times, Conference champions 4 times, Division champions 15 times and have appeared in the playoffs 21 times. During the 'John Madden years' the Raiders had the highest winning percentage in all of American sports. There's a reason the video game is called 'Madden'.

5. Honorable mention: Buffalo Bills. Despite what anyone says, you go to four straight Super Bowls you deserve a mention. Yeah they lost fair enough, but has any other team made it to four straight Super Bowls?

Can we count colleges? Sure I can....

I don't pay attention much to Pro-Sports, but here are my top 5 in pros and colleges

Pros:

1) New York Yankees: God I hate saying this one...you know why

2) Los Angeles Lakers

3) Boston Celtics

4) New England Patriots

5) Chicago Bulls

College:

1) Alabama Crimson Tide

2) UCLA Bruins

3) Duke Blue Devils

4) North Carolina Tar Heels

5) Notre Dame Fighting Irish

1 Yankees - Why not

2 Lakers - Fun team to watch, tons of championships

3 Steelers - Loved how they build their teams

4 Patriots - Tom Brady (Go Blue)

5 Detroit Red Wings - 4 cups in last 15 years, 11 overall, should've had the another in '09 but the NHL had to give a cup to that little sissy cindy crosby

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back