• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TRANSFORMERS the live action movie...need some help on this one

MWhoTklsFemFeet

TMF Regular
What's everyone's opinion on the new Transformers live action move?

I'm at 50-50 myself, part of me wants to see but I feel I won't like it because these aren't the Transformers I grew up with, just tricked up overdone CGI movie with it caring more about star power than actual quality.

On the other hand I might be missing out on a really good movie, mostly everyone I've talked to about it is excited about seeing this, and maybe I'm being stuborn in my ways and not giving the movie a fair chance.

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on this

Last edited:
MWhoTklsFemFeet said:
What's everyone's opinion on the new Transformers live action move?

I at 50-50 myself, part of me wants to see but I feel I won't like it because these aren't the Transformers I grew up with, just tricked up overdone CGI movie with it caring more about star power than actual quality.

On the other hand I might be missing out on a really good movie, mostly everyone I've talked to about it is excited about seeing this, and maybe I'm being stuborn in my ways and not going the movie a fair chance.

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on this

Not meaning to hijack here,just wanted to say hi to one of my old chatroom friends.:D :wavingguy Hey man I'm moving back to Austin in a few weeks.:D

I am an old guard with Transformers. But to be honest, I think this is just going to be good Summer fun. Maybe nothing major, might add a bit of new mythology to the series, after all look how long it was until they brought in the "gods" Unicron and Primus, especially Primus, and then another ten years later, the Fallen entered into the story, so who knows. I'll go see it.

what stars? the biggest ones were Jon Voight and Labouf. there was action, comedy, suspense, drama, with great dialog and a powerful storyline. i loved every second of this movie.

folks should know by now that no storyline will ever be the way we remember. Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil...all were messed with in one fashion or another. but this is a Transformers movie that i am proud to call "bad ass!!".

keep in mind, future flamers, that i am not chiding MWTFF or trying to correct him. just a debate. but i know i loved this movie, and so did the other Transformers fanatics i went with.

ROLL OUT!

Meka and I saw this movie Monday night and loved it. We'd recommend it to anyone. The Transformers looked real, and they were done with CGI and with actual, giant replicas.

In my opinion it was Shia LaBeouf's movie and he nailed it. He was funny, caring and tough. He is one of my favorite actors. I thought he was freakin' hilarious on "Even Steven's" on the Disney Channel haha.

I just got out of it.

This is a highly acceptable piece of cinema. It's significantly different from the original storyline, but who cares? Hearing Peter Cullen reprise his original role as Prime was worth the ticket price alone. The rapid-fire humor was an excellent addition.

Of course, I'm looking forward to the sequel, which I read is slated to include Soundwave and potentially Unicron & Galvatron.

Ok, the movie was great summer action film. I went in expecting giant transforming robots with explosions, and I got giant transforming robots with explosions. It was like seeing the battles you had as a kid with your action figures redone in CG and put on the big screen.

The CGI transformers were really, really well done. Everything about them is jaw droppingly detailed. The transformations are very fluid and fun to watch, accompanied also by the trademark transformation sound.

There are a lot of comedic cheesy moments in the film, but that's to be expected. I can say that I normally hate the main characters in films like these, but Shia LaBeouf did a pretty good job of making me like him. The girl was hot, but I didn't find her very memorable.

Really, the only reason you would go to see this film is if you wanted to see giant robots fight and blow everything up in spectacular fashion. This is why Michael Bay was the perfect director for the film, and he doesn't disappoint. This film is filled with action. Lots of fighting, explosions, buildings getting torn apart, and general robotic destruction. It's so much fun to watch.

So I would say you should go see it. Don't expect great dialogue, don't expect the plot to thrill you, and be prepared for the cheesy moments. Stay for the amazing special effects and fight scenes.

Last edited:
I just saw it today. I loved it! I'm an action movie lover so of course I was gonna like it. I cant wait for part two.

Well my question is this, why couldn't the designers, with CGI the way it is, stick to the basic designs of the Transformers the way they came out in the 80s and just put them on the big screen?

So far from all those who have seen it, it sounds like it's worth the hype, this might be the best movie of all in the "summer of sequals", maybe I will check it out this weekend.

MWhoTklsFemFeet said:
Well my question is this, why couldn't the designers, with CGI the way it is, stick to the basic designs of the Transformers the way they came out in the 80s and just put them on the big screen?

So far from all those who have seen it, it sounds like it's worth the hype, this might be the best movie of all in the "summer of sequals", maybe I will check it out this weekend.

the reason being is that the designers wanted something that would flow smoothly in live-action. though the basic concepts are still there, save for maybe Megatron, the bots seem more realistic, and more alien.

MWhoTklsFemFeet said:

My guess is because of all the chaos with kids today, they didn't want to make a toy gun for megatron. Though I'd love to have seen him as his tank form. I really wanted to see Rumble and sounwave too!

NavelTickler75 said:
A sequal? Is it a for sure thing?

with the way the movie ended, there should be. recent rumors suggest a sequel has already been given the green light.

cloudgazer2k said:
with the way the movie ended, there should be. recent rumors suggest a sequel has already been given the green light.

OMFG that would be awesome!
Haven't seen the movie, but i have no doubt at the end of the movie, or after the credits, Megatron would rise from whereever he fell, pit of lava, the ocean, smashed building, etc. Just as he did in the cartoon series.

Just saw Transformers last night, and I can say one thing for sure is.....that that was one WILD MOVIE!

Very enjoyable, all the stars from Shia Labeouf to Josh Duhammel (Las Vegas) and others, they pretty much can write their own checks after this. This no doubt s gonna be the biggest blockbuster of the summer and forget sequal, this has the potentinal to be a series.

Peter Cullen did a fantastic job as the voice of Optimus Prime as if there was doubt, and it didn't bog down with a sappy love story between Shia's character and Megan Fox's character, (who wasn't bad to look at in the movie) All in all, not a bad way to spend eight bucks.

Biggest problems with the movie are:

- They really don't have as diverse uses as the cartoon, just big robots shooting off guns really.

- Optimus has lips rather than the faceguard thing.

- Bit too much focus on the humans rather than on the transformers themselves.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Other than those things, it was a really awesome movie. I loved the interaction between the autobots more than anything.

Speedbump said:
Biggest problems with the movie are:

- They really don't have as diverse uses as the cartoon, just big robots shooting off guns really.

- Optimus has lips rather than the faceguard thing.

- Bit too much focus on the humans rather than on the transformers themselves.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Other than those things, it was a really awesome movie. I loved the interaction between the autobots more than anything.

Just saw it, and I freaked out how cool it was, I'd so see it again.

I do agree with your problems in diversity and the humans. But Optimus prime does have a faceguard thing too.

I just saw this movie and it was good if you like things blowing up. The graphics were unbelievable. DAMN, they did a good job with the robots transforming. I also like the great job they did with Optimus Prime. Using the original actor's voice was definitely a high point.

My problems with the movie was there is no Decepticon character development at all. Damn, I am a huge Decepticon fan (Megatron is my favorite character period in the series) and we really didnt get to see them. Why they really didn't expand Megatron's character or anyone elses is beyond me. They did a good job with BumbleBee and Optimus Prime, but that was it. I am a huge fan of the cartoon series back in the 80's and this movie didnt do those individual characters any justice. I didnt want to watch humans, i wanted to see the robots be the main characters with their own distinct personalities.

It was a good movie, but it could have been much, much better.

primetime said:
I just saw this movie and it was good if you like things blowing up. The graphics were unbelievable. DAMN, they did a good job with the robots transforming. I also like the great job they did with Optimus Prime. Using the original actor's voice was definitely a high point.

My problems with the movie was there is no Decepticon character development at all. Damn, I am a huge Decepticon fan (Megatron is my favorite character period in the series) and we really didnt get to see them. Why they really didn't expand Megatron's character or anyone elses is beyond me. They did a good job with BumbleBee and Optimus Prime, but that was it. I am a huge fan of the cartoon series back in the 80's and this movie didnt do those individual characters any justice. I didnt want to watch humans, i wanted to see the robots be the main characters with their own distinct personalities.

i have a feeling the sequel will focus more on the Transformers, now that the human aren't under such a threat.

The only problem I had was that they picked such a stereotypical character type for a computer programmer/hacker genius. For a few tense moments, I was really worried she might break a heel. lol

_2102247.jpg

primetime said:

My fav has always been, and always will be Star Scream of the Decepticons, but why the hell did they make him look so ugly? Poor Scream he's never done anything to no body!

My favorite Bot was Jazz. I was upset when he died in the animated movie, and again he dies, oh well. *buries Jazz and remorses for him*

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back