• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Trends over the decades

ashj1985

Somebody posted a thread on here regarding 1980's Video Dating. Even looking back to styles in the mid to late 1990's, as well as very early 2000s, it seems like trends change ever few years almost without realization. It's hard to believe that in five years the styles of right now will probably seem outdated. Do you think that in 20 years we will look back on the way we look now in the same shameful manner that we look at the styles of hair and clothing in say the 1980s? I don't really see how hair styles will be that much more different in 20 years than they are now, as compared to the puffy and sloppy 80s hair. The mullet is also probably the worst look in male hair history. However, that spikey haired look of the late 1990s and early 2000s is a close second.

As I can say is that trend just evolves. People love sporting it in its time.

The worst is when the bad styles come back to haunt us.

True, but I'm kind of liking the young adult girls dressing like 80s pop stars again. It looks kind of sexy. They all wear those leggings showing off their shapely figures.

True, but I'm kind of liking the young adult girls dressing like 80s pop stars again. It looks kind of sexy. They all wear those leggings showing off their shapely figures.

That's true, but stirrup pants and shoulder pads should never come back.

Here's what I have to say about current trends: fuck metrosexuality. Soon men will learn to become men again, because men will beat their manliness back into them.

...Yeah.

Man. Manly.

What was the question again? :sarcasm:

The worst is when the bad styles come back to haunt us.

too right. last year there was an 80's revival in london. i was not happy. i dont have a problem with trends they keep things interesting but 80's? na...

if i could dress as a hippie all day everyday i would, damnit!
ughhh why couldn't i be born in the 60's-70's! fuuuuck.

but unfortunately..i have to wear all black 5x a week for my job. i mean seriously!

if i could dress as a hippie all day everyday i would, damnit!
ughhh why couldn't i be born in the 60's-70's! fuuuuck.

but unfortunately..i have to wear all black 5x a week for my job. i mean seriously!

yes yes yes 60's thank you! i was born in the wrong decade dammit...

I was born in 1981, So the 80's kind of stuck with me. I'm 14-13 years younger than my 2 older bothers, so when i was born they played a lot of Metal Hair bands because they where in there teens at the time that stuck with me. Plus still remember all the New Wave , Synthpop and Freestyle that used to play over the radio. However i do love the 60s and 70's also My Dad loved to play this one song by ten years after over and over again Until he finally worn out his LP Record. Then my Mom was big on the Rolling Stones and she used to play them all the time along with Elvis. heh My Toddler years. Now that i Remember in 1984 I was 3 years old and the song i used to like to hear all the time was i want to know what love is by Foreigner.

I used to wonder the same thing...till I realized that fashion and style are highly subjective and despite the varying ways of displaying it...they amount to the same thing...social stature.

Fashion is a way to show/display one's ranking or class. New fashions are created constantly due to the fact that fashions that are elite are only so for a short amount of time. Keeping with the trends are expensive. Sensibilities from times past might seem ridiculous but fashion as a whole is ridiculous and a construct of our need to stratify ourselves based on class and our ability to influence our environments(money).

Bell bottoms don't make sense till you realize that only the wealthier individuals can afford to alter their pants in that manner. By the time pants show up on the rack with bell bottoms already sewn in...the next style arises.

Practicality is never a priority when it comes to style. Actually on the contrary, fashion will counter functionality to ensure only the elite are able to wear/use it.

my 2 cents

GQ
(who loves fashion btw)

I'm gonna say it, cuz I need to point this out! Ed Hardy, for all its hype, and the pricetag it has, is about as fashionable as the Flock of Seagulls haircut!

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back